"Revopolo HVTD"new Videos (X4)

Polo

Clin, Just to let you know a lot of what Polo is doing there requires the ability to feel whats happening as well as the handle movements.

There comes a point after flying for some time when you don't really focus on the handle movement but more on the extension of your arms to the kite control, This may seem weird now but it will come to a point where the kite just becomes an extension of you and that's when the real fun begins.

You must become one with the kite windhopper and this is where the practice practice practice comes to play, The more you fly the more familiar you become with the control until it actually becomes a movement of yourself as opposed to the handle does this and that happens.

Great Vid's Polo I see much of your style in my own ways of flying which leads me to believe I'm heading in the right direction Can't wait to see more.

Sorry, i have been slow to respond, but these last days, bad weather to shoot videos.

Clin, i think this one will please you.

Here the movement of arms/hands for the move that you speak.

(pivot around wing tip from right to left)

vign_2009-02_Revopolo_HVTD(move).jpg ;)

Hi Polo,

thank you very much for your time in making the video! I'm sure there are many others who appreciate your efforts and tips to achieve that level of flying! :sign_kitelife: . Hope to see more of your flying!

Cheers

Clin

Hi Polo,

thank you very much for your time in making the video! I'm sure there are many others who appreciate your efforts and tips to achieve that level of flying! :sign_kitelife: . Hope to see more of your flying!

Cheers

Clin

Hello Polo,

A public thank you from me for the time and the effort you have taken to help everyone, both on the public forum and PMs. I think most of us know how much time is involved in taking, editing and putting up a simple video and your 2 camera split screen videos which answer each question are not simple ones. I am almost as impressed with your camera skills as your flying. With a few uninterrupted days I might be able to put together a video like the ones your have done. Sadly it will take much longer to fly that well.

Hello...

Hello Alex, happy to see you here. :w00t:

yes OK!!! We will film together to Berk, i will try to come this year...

And Yes, i will work tonight to add a few slow motion on the last video.

VIDEO UPDATED

vign_2009-02_Revopolo_HVTD(move).jpg

VIDEO UPDATED

polo ...

Thank you Antman. :)

...I'm heading in the right direction...

Yes i think too.

And your explication is very true :ani_victory: . There is no secret : Fly, fly and fly again.

And again thank you for all yours comments.

I am pleased that my work helps you. (No time problem because i don't work currently :blue_wink: )

This forum allows me to improve my English :blue_smile:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Little video of the movement of arms and hands,

when the kite rotate around the tip of the "V".

Yay for Polo, this video really helped us to start understanding this spinning movement about the trailing wingtip :)

It looks great when you stand underneath someone else flying this ;)

It looks great when you stand underneath someone else flying this ;)

oops,

that's standing underneath the kite not the person flying the spinning kite :blush:;)B)

I need to lunge forward more to obtain enough slack for the smooth spins,

(shorter arms are not a bonus for this move) .

Otherwise it's fun to do, and you can easily get carried away with the number of spins.

It's lucky I've 'oiled' my lines before hand :wacko::blue-cool:

Choccy, I've seen a vid or two of ya flying. I'm sure you are pretty good at clockwork. The spins, as long as your not trying to slide them are one handed. But since you mentioned short arms, working both hands with the Revs are the same as pushing and pulling at the same time dual line.

The spins for me, (short arms) use both hands at the same time. Sliding only though. You just have to remeber, (yep, think while you learn) that the leading wing hand has to be in at all times.

To keep your altitude or gain altitude when spinning all you have to do is work on powering the bottom wing up as it travels up.

Think of your Rev vertical, LE facing right. Left hand is horizontal and in toward your chest, right hand is vertical, (When the LE is NOT facing up or down your hands if held in this position, top wing horizontal, bottom vertical, the bottom wing won't swing back and forth unless you want it to. Meaning increased control not only vertically but when the Rev is holding or abruptly stopping at odd angles.) holding your hover facing right give a little thumb to the right hand, (down wing) and as the bottom wing gets between 5 and 4 start rotating your hands so the right hand is horizontal and the left is vertical. As you work on this, increase the speed of the top hand switch. Meaning the hand that switches from out to in moves faster than the hand that moves from in to out. Depending on how fast the new top hand is pulled in decides how fast the bottom wing will move around the center of the Center Panel. You can either spin in place or gain altitude on the turn.

Dean

The spins, as long as your not trying to slide them are one handed. But since you mentioned short arms, working both hands with the Revs are the same as pushing and pulling at the same time dual line.

The spins for me, (short arms) use both hands at the same time. Sliding only though. You just have to remeber, (yep, think while you learn) that the leading wing hand has to be in at all times.

To keep your altitude or gain altitude when spinning all you have to do is work on powering the bottom wing up as it travels up.

Think of your Rev vertical, LE facing right. Left hand is horizontal and in toward your chest, right hand is vertical, (When the LE is NOT facing up or down your hands if held in this position, top wing horizontal, bottom vertical, the bottom wing won't swing back and forth unless you want it to. Meaning increased control not only vertically but when the Rev is holding or abruptly stopping at odd angles.) holding your hover facing right give a little thumb to the right hand, (down wing) and as the bottom wing gets between 5 and 4 start rotating your hands so the right hand is horizontal and the left is vertical. As you work on this, increase the speed of the top hand switch. Meaning the hand that switches from out to in moves faster than the hand that moves from in to out. Depending on how fast the new top hand is pulled in decides how fast the bottom wing will move around the center of the Center Panel. You can either spin in place or gain altitude on the turn.

Dean

Reply from a newbie... "HUH?" :confused!:

Jynx

:w/stupid:

I'm sure you are pretty good at clockwork. The spins, as long as your not trying to slide them are one handed. But since you mentioned short arms, working both hands with the Revs are the same as pushing and pulling at the same time dual line.

Hey Dean

not sure why you are writing all this. :confused!:

I wasn't talking about clockwork turns.

I was chatting about the no handle movement rotations about the "V" trailing edge wingtip.

I've since seen a video of me doing this type of spin.

There is no need to move any of the handles for the entire spinning movement.

Once your hand is behind your back with FULL brake on (I need to pull the brake even further on than I was doing),

and the forward thrust out arm/handle stays still, unless if there is little wind and

Polo says to start moving the handle up and down in time with the rotation.

So both handles are still until the kite nearly hits the ground :lol:

or you could introduce the altitude bit here.

Watch Polo's video and you'll see.

Still 10/10 for effort for your write up ;)

Sorry Choccy, I was just thinking I'd seen you do in a vid doing the spins. Wasn't trying to really explain it to you. I was more or less typing for practice and trying to figure out a way of explaining how this works.

Didn't actually want or mean to post what I was typing :lol: Just worked out that way. Couldn't delete the post so I just got up, left the computer alone and went to bed.

Sorry Jynx, thats why I was trying to figure out how to explain it. Cause I haven't been able to explain it and be understood yet.

Dean :blushing:

Sorry Choccy, I was just thinking I'd seen you do in a vid doing the spins.

No worries Dean.... maybe it was a doppleganger :blink:

I don't think there are that many vids of me doing stuff out there let alone spins.

But since then I have cracked the left, right, up and down bicycle clockwork spins across the windows, just haven't videoed it ;)

No worries Dean.... maybe it was a doppleganger :blink:

I don't think there are that many vids of me doing stuff out there let alone spins.

But since then I have cracked the left, right, up and down bicycle clockwork spins across the windows, just haven't videoed it ;)

Cool about no worries. The bicycle turns are pretty much my favorite thing to do as an individual. It's not much of a difference for me between the bicycle and turning around the V in the sail. The hand behind you throws me a little untill I sat and pictured the Kite while moving my hands. The video on my comp. is really choppy, so I miss alot of what is happening. But now I got it. :blushing:

Dean