Plane in Hudson

Baloo

Hope I am not pushing the bounndries of good taste here, however

What a demonstration of water flying, JB look out. That pilot is after your crown, and with NO lines at all.

I know it could so easily have been a tragedy, but WHAT A CREW that plane must have. And SPECTACULAR pictures.

The folks my heart REALY go's out to are those that had to get on another plane a few Hours later to fly over the place they had just crashed.

Planes seem to be getting easier to fly with all the auto pilot stuff on them. If ever we needed a demonstration of why they still need a pilot, well I couldnt think of a better demonstration.

I would like to say a BIG hats off to the crew involved in that incident (and all the others involved in the rescue of course). I hate to think how I would have felt in that situation.

If we need "Heros of the Month" they get my vote.

Hope I am not pushing the bounndries of good taste here, however

What a demonstration of water flying, JB look out. That pilot is after your crown, and with NO lines at all.

I know it could so easily have been a tragedy, but WHAT A CREW that plane must have. And SPECTACULAR pictures.

The folks my heart REALY go's out to are those that had to get on another plane a few Hours later to fly over the place they had just crashed.

Planes seem to be getting easier to fly with all the auto pilot stuff on them. If ever we needed a demonstration of why they still need a pilot, well I couldnt think of a better demonstration.

I would like to say a BIG hats off to the crew involved in that incident (and all the others involved in the rescue of course). I hate to think how I would have felt in that situation.

If we need "Heros of the Month" they get my vote.

I hear you... I fully expected to get home and hear awful news.. and it was so wonderful to hear that they did such a great job, and everyone is ok... just a miracle...

my vote as well.

mousie

I see the Captain is a former Fighter pilot.Kewl head and very steady hands.

Great piece of true genieous to get the thing down and all in a fit healthy state.I so hate when the blame culture kicks in these days.Happens way to often,especially with Disaster and Airtravel.Its usually the pilot that gets the finger pointed and even if its not his fault.That must and does leave a scar.

Give the Crew a Medal each and Celebrate a huge piece of good News for a change.Thers to much Doom and Gloom around.

Caps off to the Captain and his crew.Also a big,big hand to over a hundred Firefighters who joined the Rescue and Police.A big party for those heroes.Thers the Boats and ferrys also.What a display of quick thinkig.They need a big back slap.They had folk off the plane and on ther Boats in Minutes.....

BRILLIANT.

BRIAN...37GERUPS

OMG, what an Amazing Feat yesterday! It's been a long time since we've had any plane crashes here and the fact that EVERYONE got out of this alive is nothing short of miraculous! Major Props to the Captain, Crew, Cool headed passengers, Ferry Captains, Police, EMT workers, and all the first responders who got these people to safety!!! Nice to hear some good news for a change.

I'm guessing he's about 58 to 60 years old, so here's a nod of the hat to age and experience. And, a nod to the Air Force training he received ... at least a few tax dollars were well spent.

Cheers,

Tom

I understand that instructions are going out that we should feed the geese until they are too heavy to take off.

I fear the consequences. (on our flying fields)

Brilliant work from Captain and Crew and very re-assuring that it can be done. We must refer to the statistics about the safest means of travel as always.

Felix

I reckon the geese population in the New York area will soon know what a turkey feels like at the end of June.

If it was over here on the West Coast. A posse of red necks. Banjo's a-twangin", 4x4 a-revin, would be out with an excuse. "A-huntn"

I guess that the humble goose now is certain that in their case , adrenalin is most definitely........... green.

Glad the pilot had it together. It's good to have a good ending to one of these things.

Unless your a goose! :bye2:

Bazzer