Ouch!

linekahuna

Wholy Cow!!!!!!!!!

Hunker down! Hunker down! Hunker down!

Run away, stay safe, and play another day!

What does:::: Hunker Down Mean::::

Never herd that saying before.I suspect it means batton down the hatches and stay in.

Thats what ya wana be doin Jim with the forcast youve posted.

OR MOVE HOUSE... :)

BRIAN...

What does:::: Hunker Down Mean::::

You've got it, Bri. :)

hun⋅ker   [huhng-ker] Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used without object)

1. to squat on one's heels (often fol. by down).

2. Informal.

a. to hunch: The driver hunkered over the steering wheel.

b. to hide, hide out, or take shelter (usually fol. by down): The escaped convicts hunkered down in a cave in the mountains.

I've always associated "hunker" with "bunker" as well.

It's odd how a short distance can make so much difference in the weather.

I live about 50 Km south of Jim and we only got 5 or 6 cm of snow and moderately strong breezes.

Sounds lke ya complaining mate ;) .Get them new kites out and ENJOY.

TBH,

Sorta happens like that here Steve B.I live not that far from the Southern Softies and they all talk funny down that way mate :lol: .

BRIAN...

I live not that far from the Southern Softies and they all talk funny down that way mate
I believe that would be what is called ENGLISH Brian. It's a whole system of language including spelling and grammar which we do sometime introduce to our North Western cousins ;) ;) ;)

As for the point about high winds

So what is the highest wind you all have flown in???

As for me, I don't like high winds - if it gets lik ethat time to fly indoors !!

saw a Matrix (2 line kite) pull its frame throu its LE etc once and its wasn't that windy. Stephen Hoath flew a VVS NSR Radical in same wind.(Skydances version of the Vented North Shore Radical . Variable Venting System[VVS])

At Le Touquet Tsunami used 2 leading edges I think for the first time, now poular with most flyers & the French... Being French took the cigarette to the sail and made what we now call tea bags.

But back to the question how high have you gone ???

I believe that would be what is called ENGLISH Brian. It's a whole system of language including spelling and grammar which we do sometime introduce to our North Western cousins ;););)

:lol::lol::lol: ,ye,spelling is difficult for me at times,Gramma even more so.i have a few plausable excuses for it,but you lot wouldnt think it was me.If i didnt test your obvious attention to detail.

Also you would have to find something else to Bitch at me with, and ,i dont wear Specs,dont have Red Hair,i have a girlfreind,dont smell,and left school in 1982.

BRIAN...b4 ya say it,The Gorilla ate um :lol: .

I believe that would be what is called ENGLISH Brian. It's a whole system of language including spelling and grammar which we do sometime introduce to our North Western cousins ;););)

I suspect that would be "The Queens English" then, correct?

Lord knows we mangle it on this side of the Atlantic!

As for the point about high winds

So what is the highest wind you all have flown in???

As for me, I don't like high winds - if it gets lik ethat time to fly indoors !!

saw a Matrix (2 line kite) pull its frame throu its LE etc once and its wasn't that windy. Stephen Hoath flew a VVS NSR Radical in same wind.(Skydances version of the Vented North Shore Radical . Variable Venting System[VVS])

At Le Touquet Tsunami used 2 leading edges I think for the first time, now poular with most flyers & the French... Being French took the cigarette to the sail and made what we now call tea bags.

But back to the question how high have you gone ???

This could be intresting Simon.Like the guys in JAWS compareing Shark bites,stitches and hartbreaks

56MPH is my claim Simon, with a mega vent Rev.Frightened me to death.Kite still lives

44MPH with a PHSYCO.Which imploded and looked like a bag of rags when i edged[at ward 9] into the centre window.All Happened so quick,it was over in a flash.

BRIAN..

Having heavy snow here this evening.

Winds on the coast have hit 183 km that's 113 mph.

That's category 3 hurricane force winds.

Time to bridle up a manhole cover.

What kind of Rev could stand up to that?

Have flown a two-line kite in 60 mph winds.

My husband has an idea for an SUV Rev.

<Super Ultra Vent>

I think it is made of chicken wire or an old screen door.

Having heavy snow here this evening.

Winds on the coast have hit 183 km that's 113 mph.

That's category 3 hurricane force winds.

Time to bridle up a manhole cover.

What kind of Rev could stand up to that?

Have flown a two-line kite in 60 mph winds.

My husband has an idea for an SUV Rev.

<Super Ultra Vent>

I think it is made of chicken wire or an old screen door.

This could be intresting Simon.Like the guys in JAWS compareing Shark bites,stitches and hartbreaks

56MPH is my claim Simon, with a mega vent Rev.Frightened me to death.Kite still lives

44MPH with a PHSYCO.Which imploded and looked like a bag of rags when i edged[at ward 9] into the centre window.All Happened so quick,it was over in a flash.

BRIAN..

Hi Big Man,

I can accept your 56mph.

You have the ballast and the location to go with it...

we'll have to wait for the US to wake up or Gary T to finish work to ge some more..

Hi Big Man,

I can accept your 56mph.

You have the ballast and the location to go with it...

we'll have to wait for the US to wake up or Gary T to finish work to ge some more..

Hi mate,I bet Mr T has a few close encounters.The USA may have some wild storys.Glad Jims ok Hunkering down Steve B[i like that word] and not trying to better my claim.

Sonds like Melsnt up building with her Hubby.Could get intresting quick.

BRIAN...

Hi mate,I bet Mr T has a few close encounters.The USA may have some wild storys.Glad Jims ok Hunkering down Steve B[i like that word] and not trying to better my claim.

Sonds like Melsnt up building with her Hubby.Could get intresting quick.

BRIAN...

Well Iv'e been over 55mph in my buggy :lol:

Well Iv'e been over 55mph in my buggy :lol:

Mmm.is it a kites or vehicle,,,,

Dont think that would be counted,but wouldnt mind watching ya doit.Must have been a fair blow to get ther Gary.

Then again ,i betcha was airborne a few times and the old artarys defuzzed.

LOL

BRIAN...