Read and pass along...

KiteLife

Is there a Rev copy out? I watch Evilbay alot And I would hate to support these people unintentionally.

There are a few, 4 that come to mind come from China Canada and Texas. Named Albatross, Cold Fusion II, Air XT III (looks like a blast) and 1 I cant think of the name that looks like a Super Sonic from China.

They are usually listed under quad kite on eb@y but if you stick to searching under "revolution kite" you won't run into them.

Okay I'm back and wanted to comment on this thread cause it really is my pet pea, to date we at Revolution have bought

back 102 kites total and I'm here to tell you they were all junk........ :angry: I do not have a problem with a guy or gal

making a kite for themselves but when they put trash out there for sale that gets me just plain MAD.....I won't go into the man hours I've had to spend on making things right when someone buys one of these kites, or the lose of money to

Revolution as a company, but what gets me is when one of us tries to fly one of these things and it just does'nt work and

we as a community may have lost that person because what they bought does not work and they think thats what kiting is

just a bunch of trash that does not work, how sad for us all...... Also I'll go into another thing if these companies are allowed

to exist then companies such as mine will cease to exist because we can not compete at this level with what they charge....

Sure if Revolution closed the doors today there would always be rev like kites made by someone but would there be what

we all take to lightly, a Revolution Family, I just don't see it........ We don't just buy a kite we support a way of life, thats what

buying a Revolution kite is all about, we together make all of this possible, the teams, the mega flies, this forum, the games,

me out there, what I mean is when you buy a Revolution kite there's a huge picture behind that purchase.... We don't just

bring a kite to the table, we bring a way of life that's what this is all about a way of life, a Family that is world wide......

Sure we are far from perfect but you know that if there's a real problem I'll get it handled and I'll more than not side

with the flier and eat the problem......... :wacko: It's a huge problem and we as a Family must try to support anyone who

is losing because of this practice, I understand the issues and I also understand that if we the consumer do not put our foot

down and just not buy there stuff that sooner of later we will turn around and that small company we thought would always

be there will be gone.......Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

I unfortunatly bought a Rev rip off B4 I knew enough to look for the logo. It was a SuperSonic like kite. Over a couple of years I hopefully put that right by buying a lot more honest Revs.

With Bens kind offer to compensate folks for rip off Revs I asked if I could hand it in to him while he was in the UK.

He kindly allowed me to do this and he seemed to take great joy in destroying it at Bristol. Helped by a few other of the Rev family. Although I paid a Rev like price for it off Ebay I honesty did not expect much for it in compensation from Ben.

After its desrtuction I didnt pester. Ben came and found me, He offered me a deal I just couldnt turn down. There was a small exchange of cash and he gave me a Blast with lines and handles.

I was blown away with his honest generosity. Rev have no need to support folks who unfortunatly buy rip off kites. I can not think of anyone else who gos any way towards this. In any way shape or form.

It is a great shame that Revolutions (and others) honest support of its customers is diluted in any way by the sale of inferior copies. I am with most on here in believing that making a kite for yourself is fine (I wish I had the skill).

However selling them for a profit on the shoulders of others hard work is wrong.

I would not however want to take away an individuals right to buy a kite if they like it. However promoting that kite, should it be a Revolution shape, as a Revolution to be able to sell it I see as a problem.

So put in a nut shell for those that scan the posts rather than reading them.

FANTASTIC support from Rev, far above and beyond the call of duty.

BOO HISS to anyone who sells rip offs for a profit.

RESPECT for an individuals right to make or buy what they want.

what ever happens to this company .. I do hope that they get what they desirve.. it is truely not right to take someones hard work and steal it for capital gain.. how can you feel good about getting rich on someone elses idea??i for 1 would rather see people fly my own kite rather then something someone else has done .. the b series for example .. that kite was built by rev but was designed by john himself.. so every time he sees a b series somewhere he knows thats his kite .. so for me to come along and take that idea ??? where is the glory in that?? whoever these guys are i hope they see these posts in here and know how we as fliers feel about this

FWIW - for you Facebook-ers there is a group now to help add your support:

:sq-arrow:http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=53831298625

Okay, so ultimately it will have minimal effect on the rip-off merchants, but at least your 'friends' will see it listed in the lists of groups, together with the number of members who've signed up to it.

FWIW - for you Facebook-ers there is a group now to help add your support:

:sq-arrow:http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=53831298625

Okay, so ultimately it will have minimal effect on the rip-off merchants, but at least your 'friends' will see it listed in the lists of groups, together with the number of members who've signed up to it.

I think this is a fantasticcccccccccccc idea! There are already 79 members as of 11 am pacific time. And every time anyone looks anything up on google this will now be part of what comes up.. GREAT JOB!

I think this is a fantasticcccccccccccc idea! There are already 79 members as of 11 am pacific time. And every time anyone looks anything up on google this will now be part of what comes up.. GREAT JOB!

Er - just to be clear, as the subject of this thread is 'rip offs', I didn't create this group. Rob Banks was the creator (I was some 76 down the list of finding it!) but I agree with you completely!

Hello all and as you can see I'm back, I was reading all the support and good things that are being said here and thought

to myself they can rip off the kite but they sure can not steal away what this has become..... We here have become

so much more than just a company or just a kite, we are a Family.......... :blue-cool: Happy New Year to you all and

may this year bring you the love and warmth of Family and if ever you need me I'm there beyond a shadow of a

doubt just as all of you have been there for me............Ben :blue-cool: :blue-cool: :blue-cool:

Hello all and as you can see I'm back, I was reading all the support and good things that are being said here and thought

to myself they can rip off the kite but they sure can not steal away what this has become..... We here have become

so much more than just a company or just a kite, we are a Family.......... Happy New Year to you all and

may this year bring you the love and warmth of Family and if ever you need me I'm there beyond a shadow of a

doubt just as all of you have been there for me............Ben

hey ben...hope you enjoyed your time off...did you do anything fun...glenn

so much more than just a company or just a kite, we are a Family.......... :blue-cool: Happy New Year to you all and

doubt just as all of you have been there for me............Ben :blue-cool::blue-cool::blue-cool:

Happy New Year Ben.

The support from here is well kewl.Kick one and nearly everyone limps.

Service as usual

BRIAN...

The support from here is well kewl.

It’s good to see.

It’s also interesting to note the apparent lack of support for the campaign on Fractured Axel, only 6 replies at time of posting and nothing what you would describe as, “very supportive,” but then I wouldn’t expect any different from them, well not until someone starts ripping off any of these.

It’s good to see.

Its also interesting to note the apparent lack of support for the campaign on Fractured Axel, only 6 replies at time of posting and nothing what you would describe as, “very supportive,” but then I wouldn’t expect any different from them, well not until someone starts ripping off any of these.

Ive read quite a few opinions now Bob,on alot of forums and posts from folk from all corners of the Globe.Some good,some bad,some indifferent toward the resolution to the designers/builders problems.Its a personal choice for the individual wher they stand,and so it should be.

But,

I hear what ya saying Bob, and dont realy wana get into a ruck with anymore folk this week :)

Doesnt suprise me that its a little less intresting for the two line guys.

Mark makes Top Quality kites, as good a kite as ive flown[almost].,2 line anyway[like im an authority or sumat],but ive scene a few kiites now or pictures of kites FOR SALE from the German Company that are in the spotlight.They look very,very similar to my fav 2 liner.Maybe a diffrent story if they took a little more intrest and looked a little harder.They may see things slightly diffrent.A shame they dont anyways realy.

BRIAN..Im alright Jack...

I know, Mark is a nice guy, I have a lot of respect for him, I witnessed a lot of the work he put into developing his kites, much of his flight testing was done on The Downs.

I also know from experience that many of the FA inner-circle have little or now respect for peoples right to protect their intellectual property but they do apparently believe that Mark shits sunbeams. My point above was simply that you are not likely to see any support for this campaign on FA until it starts to affect one of their own.

I know, Mark is a nice guy, I have a lot of respect for him, I witnessed a lot of the work he put into developing his kites, much of his flight testing was done on The Downs.

I also know from experience that many of the FA inner-circle have little or now respect for peoples right to protect their intellectual property but they do apparently believe that Mark shits sunbeams. My point above was simply that you are not likely to see any support for this campaign on FA until it starts to affect one of their own.

I know what ya ment pal :) .

We call it the Tin Hat Story Up North Bob or im alright Jacks usually understood.

I see it like this and i dont think Bryan will mind me mentioning his name.He knows me.I hope Mark doesnt either.Havent had the pleasure of his company.

I spoke to Bryan Beasley[spelling]as he danced and did every trick in the book with Marks very first 2 line kite.Bryans as good as Gold and just a proper nice fella,better actually.As ya know Bob.Anyway,The kite was numbered NO1.I watched spellbound as Bryan rolled the kite up.I realised after about an hour what he was trying todo with this New Bright Shiney work of Art.

He was trying to roll the kite up,back into his own hands on about 80ft lines.AWSOME DISPLAY.Dont expect anything else realy from Top Quality now.I Lost count of the number of roll ups btw

Bryan explained it was a protor type and the first one.Isnt that many years ago when that happened.Now,Bryan i think maybe able to shit sunbeam,or hope will again soon,but could he do it with a PIRATE copy of the kite[probably].Im sure he could tell the diffrence if he tested its quality and feel of a PIRATE copy.Im sure if a few of the Trick Guys tried the Copys they would be able to tell.

If it was me being wripped off by the PIRATES.I would have a few Copys and let a few guys try them,fly them,watch them fall apart,coulors run,faid,wear like rice paper,etc,etc.

Then explain that,if we dont stop the PIRATES.Sunbeam shitting will become a thing of the past for some kite flyers. As thers no Gods left to build them anymore.

BRIAN... :)

• 2 weeks later...