pics wont post

I've heard several times of people having problems posting pics. Just trying to find out if this is a wide spread problem? even pics i already have on here wont repost, I checked that to see if it was a file size problem.

Also I've heard people say they make pics smaller, any hints on how this is done would be appreciated.

Thanks Cowboy.

• Click Add Reply

• Click the grey Browse... button on the lower right

• Browse for the photo that you want to post (maybe in My Documents/My Pictures)

• Select the photo that you want to upload, click the green UPLOAD button

• When the photo has finished uploading, click Manage Current Attachments and click the + sign on the Manage Current Attachments menu

• Check Preview Post to see if it worked

• Click Add Reply when you're happy with the post

post-1987-1230742462_thumb.jpg

• Click Add Reply

• Click the grey Browse... button on the lower right

• Browse for the photo that you want to post (maybe in My Documents/My Pictures)

• Select the photo that you want to upload, click the green UPLOAD button

• When the photo has finished uploading, click Manage Current Attachments and click the + sign on the Manage Current Attachments menu

• Check Preview Post to see if it worked

• Click Add Reply when you're happy with the post

post-1987-1230742462_thumb.jpg

once i click the upload button the bottm window says uploading with the spinning icon and wont finish and if it does the manage currant attachment box stays at 0

• 2 years later...

Try making the width of the open file 1000 pixels or less. A 2mb jpeg is potentially HUGE if the jpeg compression is set to medium or less quality.

You really only need a 1 megapixel or less for screen viewing, any more is wasted.

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Not listed in the article linked here but highly recommended by me for simple tasks is Irfanview. This freeware program at http://www.irfanview.com/ has an easy to use "Save for Web" plugin that makes resizing and compression options convenient to use.