2 People 1 Rev

Jasper21

I was reading through the thread on a single person flying two revs and I was amazed. I have enough trouble with one, I can't imagine flying two at once.

Then it came to me, what about two people flying one rev. I imagine having one person per handle and trying to work together could be a challenge. Has anyone tried this goofy idea before, if so how did it turn out? It wouldn't be impressive to a bystander, but I think it would be quite a challenge for the fliers and kinda of entertaining in a drunk beach party sorta way.

Then it came to me, what about two people flying one rev. I imagine having one person per handle and trying to work together could be a challenge. Has anyone tried this goofy idea before, if so how did it turn out? It wouldn't be impressive to a bystander, but I think it would be quite a challenge for the fliers and kinda of entertaining in a drunk beach party sorta way.

Lynn and I do this every once and a while. Last August at WSIKF, Amy Doran was about to launch her Rev, when I walked up and took the handle from her right hand and put it in mine.

We had a ball.

post-274-1230690901_thumb.jpg

post-274-1230690933_thumb.jpg

post-274-1230690965_thumb.jpg

Here's one more photo. This one should be called "The surprise and excitement of a perfect landing".

It does take some communication between the fliers. Much like two fliers flying two kites together.

It also helps if the two fliers have some experience in team flying.

It's really fun, give it a try.

post-274-1230691519_thumb.jpg

Here's one more photo. This one should be called "The surprise and excitement of a perfect landing".

It does take some communication between the fliers. Much like two fliers flying two kites together.

It also helps if the two fliers have some experience in team flying.

It's really fun, give it a try.

JIM, If you can fly with Amy, can I try that with Lynn tomorrow?

JOHN

As soon as I saw this thread I thought of Jim .. I am sure you can see how much fun we had.. what a total kick that was.. And John, You can fly one rev with me anytime.

What could really be a challenge would be to have 2 pilots side by side....

The left pilot holding his left handle and the right handle of the other pilot ....

while the other pilot holds the other pilots right hand side and thier own left side.

talk about splitting coordination between the two different sides of 2 different kites.

The left pilot holding his left handle and the right handle of the other pilot ....

while the other pilot holds the other pilots right hand side and thier own left side.

talk about splitting coordination between the two different sides of 2 different kites.

Rich, let's give it a try at TI. I'll use Scrappy and you use one of your new kites! :devil:

Seriously, I'd like to give it a try, I was thinking the same thing but when I couldn't get my pictures to post last night I gave up on posting...

-Alden

Rich, let's give it a try at TI. I'll use Scrappy and you use one of your new kites! :devil:

Seriously, I'd like to give it a try, I was thinking the same thing but when I couldn't get my pictures to post last night I gave up on posting...

-Alden

I'm in!

I'll bring a beater kite and an SLE.

Suppose you would have to think inverted when you are not, and viccky verkky.

For a bit more fun. Two fliers, top left line to bottom right, etc, etc, I am sure you get what I mean. So in effect the lines are crossed AND inverted.

Now that should be worth watching!!

I was thinking about this and it occurred to me something else that would be great fun to try.

Picture this:

Team flying.. with a twist.

you have the line up.. with the team caller holding the right side of the kite with his left hand, (his right hand holds a flask, of *coughs* coffee). the person next to him holds the LEFT handle of that same kite in his right hand.. and the left hand holds the RIGHT handle of the next kite... and so on ..

C(_)\ :lol: /rev\ :P /rev\ :wacko: /rev\ :blink: /rev\/C(_)

Since you are team flying, you know where both kites should be going... but you would be controlling one half of one kite.. and one half of the next kite...

John gets to untangle us.. ducks.. .

I was thinking about this and it occurred to me something else that would be great fun to try.

Picture this:

you have the line up.. with the team caller holding the right side of the kite with his left hand, (his right hand holds a flask, of *coughs* coffee). the person next to him holds the LEFT handle of that same kite in his right hand.. and the left hand holds the RIGHT handle of the next kite... and so on ..

Since you are team flying, you know where both kites should be going... but you would be controlling one half of one kite.. and one half of the next kite...

John gets to untangle us.. ducks.. .

I had a little mini stroke just thinking about this :wacko:

Cowboy.

Picture this:

OK I tried to picture it.

post-356-1230758073_thumb.jpg

Are you nuts???????

I'd try it..