2009 schedule for iQuad

KiteLife

Bart,

As John said, don't hesitate.

If 180GO! attends Windscape please be sure to grab me. I always have time for lessons/tips/just flying together. If there's time on Friday before the fest, we'll give you some tips and then have you fly team with us. It's way fun!

You guys are the best. You made me feel quite welcome at TI last year right from the start. Later, Mike came over where a few of us were flying joined right in and had us flying team stuff right off.

A little warning. When Mike comes by and slaps you on the back and says "Nice Flying", He is really just putting an iQuad sticker on your back. (it finally wore off)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey john

been reading the talk regarding swift current kite festival... there a few of us island boyz planning to head out that way...possible steveb myself pete and kevin trying to talk bob k from van into tagging along......working on a few others ... soooo we will see.....looking forward to meeting bartman

a fear and loathing road trip to swift current... to much fun

i am up for long beach in march...so put me on whatever list there is

how about a clinic at seattle's new flying field..grin ..grin????

happy new year

terry w :)

Well, that is quite the road trip to be sure. Are you one of the two guys that drove out for it this year? They disappeared on Sunday before I got any kind of contact information from them.

I also suggest you email the Gowans at the address I posted if you are interested in seeing some Rev Pros here for it. All the encouragement will help.

I'm toying with the idea (well, almost have decided it will happen for sure) of having a burger BBQ here the Saturday night between the time the festival is "officially over" for the day and the time everyone will go back out and fly in the evening after eating. BYOB type thing. I'll supply the burgers and salads. It would be for all the Rev flyers that show up and a few others. I'm 5 minutes away from the area they have it.

Needless to say, it would be very cool if you guys made it down. I should have about 3 months of good practice time before it happens so might get a bit further along. Might have even more if the weather here would be less winter like!

I've also arranged for at least one, possibly two, of my friends who are semi-pro photographers (they could be pro if they wanted to, but they don't want to go there with it yet) to come down and photograph the whole festival both days. They haven't done any kind of kite photography, but really want to see what they can come up with. I think they plan on making CDs of everything and selling them to whomever wants one for cheap. I am looking forward to their take on it being non-fliers and hence a different eye to it.

It's six and a hal months away and I can hardly wait! I'll really need to remember the sun block this year....

Bart

hey john

been reading the talk regarding swift current kite festival... there a few of us island boyz planning to head out that way...possible steveb myself pete and kevin trying to talk bob k from van into tagging along......working on a few others ... soooo we will see.....looking forward to meeting bartman

a fear and loathing road trip to swift current... to much fun

i am up for long beach in march...so put me on whatever list there is

how about a clinic at seattle's new flying field..grin ..grin????

happy new year

terry w :)

hey bartman

nope..... i was not one of the 2 guys that showed up last year...i was scheduled to come along but my lovely wife erin was diagnosed with breast cancer so stayed close to home for the season...all is well now and i am looking forward to getting out to more distant events... i am from southern alta. orginally and raring to check out flying on the praires

theres also a festival in pincher creek sometime in july ...out at the oldman river dam.... something you may want to check out .... we will all probably stay on the island for that weekend we have a cool festival happening at parksviile... did demo there as a group... would like to do it again.. tighten it up a bit

the two crazed islanders that made it out your way were pete and kevin ..they enjoyed themselves immensely ..so its on the list to do again

we will keep in touch with you... hopefully mike and his gang will make it up .... Revmania !!!!

cheers

terry :)

• 1 month later...
No word yet... Give Beatrix a call and bug her. ;)

Sorry to hear that there will be no I Quad at Wildwood this year, last year was our first trip there and my family truly enjoyed watching and meeting everyone at this event. We were really excited to see " I Quad" again this year. I suppose if your scedule hasnt changed from your previous posts, you will be in Ocean City Md. which is where we go every weekend in the summer (home turf so to speak). Never miss Springfest, nor Sunfest plus its so close to home, so I may just skip Wildwood this year. I am also going to E-mail Beatrix, because the event will just not be the same if Iquad is not there..Thats what got me there!!

Take Care,

Jesse

• 3 weeks later...
I hope you guys will make it to wildwood this year! its one of the reason im going again this year!

Gotta find Beatrix email asap!

Hey Dominic. Welcome to the forum. That's a pretty cool photo you have there; nice play with light and shaddows. Anyway, I'm really sad iQuad won't be at Wildwood but they'll be in Ocean City, MD this year (well some of the members anyway).

-Angela

Hey Dominic. Welcome to the forum. That's a pretty cool photo you have there; nice play with light and shaddows. Anyway, I'm really sad iQuad won't be at Wildwood but they'll be in Ocean City, MD this year (well some of the members anyway).

-Angela

thanks! We want to go to Ocean City, my friend went a couple of years ago, he really enjoyed and its not that far from home. Oh well, at least im pretty sure we'll go back to Niagara kite festival this year too.

My girlfriend Jessica took this photo at Old Orchard last september, I like it alot too.

onehandrevoldorchard.jpg