Five Stack

linekahuna

Putting a five stack of Rev together.

First choice would be 5 "B" series.

Second choice is 2 "B" series, 2 -1.5's and a Rev 1.

Not sure what line weight to use.

Lines will be 150' long.

Thought 150 lb would do, but think they would break.

Any suggestions?

All kites are framed with 4-wrap ( gold label, Revolution Equipped) except leading edge of first kite which

has a 4-wrap and Race rods.

Also wondered about beefing up line adjusters on handles.

i would do the 5 b series kites.. youll need some good 100# bridle line to make the stack lines .. you can get it at goodwinds.com.. rev also sells stack line sets too if you dont want to make up stack lines.. for each kite make 5 stack lines at 5 feet and then make 10 3 inch pigtails to tie to the endcaps with a larks head..put the pigtails on both kites and larks head the lines to put the kites together.. in your case youll have to make 25 stack lines ..40 pigtails.. sounds like alot doesn,t it??welcome to the world of stacking :) in the end however its the best .. i love my stacks they are a nice change of pace from the normal rev flying.. youll want to watch the winds too as stacks can pull like a train.. the answer to your keader question .. beef them up too

I wrecked my rotator cuffs between 30 years of flipping lumber over and power kiting.

I'm not going to fly anything that needs more than 150# line again. If you need to upgrade your handle's leaders, better beef up the clips too. I've seen them pop out of the standard Rev handles.

i would do the 5 b series kites.. youll need some good 100# bridle line to make the stack lines .. you can get it at goodwinds.com.. rev also sells stack line sets too if you dont want to make up stack lines.. for each kite make 5 stack lines at 5 feet and then make 10 3 inch pigtails to tie to the endcaps with a larks head..put the pigtails on both kites and larks head the lines to put the kites together.. in your case youll have to make 25 stack lines ..40 pigtails.. sounds like alot doesn,t it??welcome to the world of stacking :) in the end however its the best .. i love my stacks they are a nice change of pace from the normal rev flying.. youll want to watch the winds too as stacks can pull like a train.. the answer to your keader question .. beef them up too

Have made up link lines and pigtails already.

28 link lines and 56 pigtails.

I use 7 link lines instead of five.

Still not sure of what line poundage to use.

Checked out 300 lb. line but would cost over $100.00 to buy just the line.

I make up my own lines.

If I go with the 5 "B" Series kites, guess it'll cost another $1,000. :angry:

Have made up link lines and pigtails already.

28 link lines and 56 pigtails.

I use 7 link lines instead of five.

Still not sure of what line poundage to use.

Checked out 300 lb. line but would cost over $100.00 to buy just the line.

I make up my own lines.

If I go with the 5 "B" Series kites, guess it'll cost another $1,000. :angry:

A five stack of B Series would be awsome Jim.

What about shop custom kites.Like Kents KNIGHT[awindofchange]or Daves Shenkmans customs[kite connection].They look cool and ther a great price for a 1.5

Have you asked Lolly and Ben.Perhaps thers an idea they may have.I would also think about a case/bag for it Jim.I used 150lb on my 5stack btw.Antmans correct to warn ya.They do pull like a truck in average winds,but a great buzz when in the mood for a change.

Why not try a Progressive stack first jim.Cut costs a little..... :wacko:

Good luck with the project

BRIAN...

What about shop custom kites.Like Kents KNIGHT[awindofchange]or Daves Shenkmans customs[kite connection].They look cool and ther a great price for a 1.5

Have you asked Lolly and Ben.Perhaps thers an idea they may have.I would also think about a case/bag for it Jim.I used 150lb on my 5stack btw.Antmans correct to warn ya.They do pull like a truck in average winds,but a great buzz when in the mood for a change.

BRIAN...

I'll try 150 lb as I have a set made up but only 120' long.

Handles now have 300 lb dacron adjusters.

Its quite cold here and damp.Last night it froze everything and this morning its a thawed,cold ,wetness

Mine 150lbers x120s.They did creep a little.They hadnt been stretched.Ther good now.I have some also at 200ft x 300lb.Never flown a stack on them[lost ma bottle],but flown a Sedgewick.That was like being in slow motion and you had a HUGE,HUGE SKY.Drag from the ROPE[300lb seemed like rope]slowed it up.Quite weird at first,but i enjoyed it.

Flown two Prism Prophecys i have at the same time on 150x150lb.With Tails on.Tails maybe another thing you could try Jim.

Flew the 5 stack in a 12-14mph blow.Im no shrinking Violet Jim.It tried to kill me mate..lol.Had to be Anchored to my mate.We had a BALL THOUGH.

Have great weekend everyone,good luck Jim.Sounds like its getting ther.

BRIAN...

I was up at the park all afternoon. Winds right off the water, running 10-12 knots.

I had my 3 stack of B-Series ready to hook up.

Ho,the weather outside is frightfull,and your post sounds so delightfull,

With my rev ive no place to gooo,Let it snow,let it snow,let it snowww.

The wife wants to go out shoppin,and the rain,its not,for stoppin,

So Lolly if you love me so,let snow ,let snow,let it snow.

When it finally reaches night,thers no point going out in a storm

but with kite party almost in sight,all the way home ile be warm.

HUMBUG

BRIAN... :)

it is an enchanting season, but not so kind to kiters.... (snow and frost yesterday)

I can't wait to see or have a go at stacking the following:

Teal standard

Caribbean Blue mid vent

Blue vented

then it would be cool to have the hot or other colours flown side by side in sync :)

red, orange (yet to be released WW), gold or red, gold, lime

I'd better start eating more mince pies, gluwein and christmas choccies to gain ballast. :blink:

But first santa has to bring some 150lb line ;)

Choccy shrinkin' Violet

• 3 weeks later...

Another beautiful sunny day with a smooth breeze right off the water. Snow was maybe ankle deep and covered up that stuff that the Canada Geese leave.

I flew the 3 stack of B-Series all afternoon on 150# x 120' lines, 4 Wrap Equipped frame for the Vented, Race Rods for both the Mid Vent and Standard. I wasn't able to get any good pictures of it flying as the pull was too much for one-handed flying. :pinch:

post-1987-1230954553_thumb.jpg

BRIAN...

Yep. Wonder what a progressive Ninja Eyes stack would cost?

• 1 year later...