My version of No Snag Handles

LS Kite Stakes

The handles I did the modification to have the holes for the triangles cut off. I really do not recommend anyone without proper tools to try to remove the triangles and caps. There are some NASTY burrs that can be hidden under the caps. These burrs are from the hole being drilled through the cap and metal tube for the triangles. I Have a 1 inch long gash on the pad of my right thumb caused by a burr when I removed the cap on one of the handles. I may consider making solid aluminum handles with the snag less ends if I can find a supplier of the foam grips. This is a ways off, I am working on another BIGGER project. That project is at least 2 months away from completion, but will be worth the wait!

http://www.mudhole.com/Shop-Our-Catalog/Hypalon this is where i bought mine from you can also find square blocks with no hole to shape as you want. I have made several sets of handles. next set will be a titanium set w/ custom shaped (cut to fit my palm) Hypalon grips.

Hope this helps

Mitchell

http://www.mudhole.com/Shop-Our-Catalog/Hypalon this is where i bought mine from you can also find square blocks with no hole to shape as you want. I have made several sets of handles. next set will be a titanium set w/ custom shaped (cut to fit my palm) Hypalon grips.

Hope this helps

Mitchell

Since I made the original post I have contracted with Revolution to make "Snagless" Pro Handles. Revolution supplies me with the correct size handle foam and I send them the completed handles. Contact Revolution directly or your favorite Rev dealer to get your own Revolution Pro Handles. B)

• 2 years later...

I picked up a pair of these a week ago from A Wind Of Change..... I really like them!

While the "Stone in Shoe Bob" method of snag-less handles worked fantastic, I found the need to remove my old leaders and replace them with some even longer ones recently. This wasn't too difficult, but it was annoying trying to get the leader centered up on the screw after tightening it down a bit.

I won a little money on a video poker machine the other day, and knew what to spend it on immediately - some new handles!

Haven't hit a snag yet, connecting my new leaders was a snap, and the finish on them is brilliant!

I found that my sweaty little thumb often rested right on the back hole and that area of my leaders discolored. Now I'm not saying it's a problem, but it looked like this would be a wear point and most likely to fail and I didn't feel like having to re-tie a whole new top leader set when that day came along.

What I did was create super short single knot leaders top and bottom which I just attached my actual leaders to so I only have to replace a short segment one day. What this also allows me to do is take off my leaders and fly my indoor on those handles - my indoor has all the adjustment on the kite side.

Not required, just made me feel better :)