Events Clashing

big bri

SORRY People,have ta get it OFF MI CHEST to some folk who understand and LOVE OUR KITES.

Cant tell ya how Sad it makes me to find my Club and Local INTERNATIONAL Kite festival Clash again this year,It realy has upset me.The Wirral Festival and The Beacon Festival are on the same weekend,,,AGAIN.DISASTER......I cant get it uwt mi yed.

The Wirral is the Biggest Event/kite Festival up North[sunderlands Big i know] IMO.I have to follow my Club and hart to my my Local Festival as i beleive thats the breeding ground,Roots Level,we ALL started at,so has to be sopported.A Community thing rather than a show thing.Supporting the Local Community and my club mean alot.

The downside is,I MISS Th e Wirral Festival A G A I N.So do Hundreds of others.

The wider implications i cant even think about its so upsetting.People that we all miss,The event,Larger Community,.In these days of Funding cuts and Low footfall and finacial presures on everything..,,,,

Im depressed.

? HOW DO I HELP CHANGE IT THOUGH.......Give us a few ideas

BRIAN...

You could clone yourself Bri.

No on second thoughts dont do that it would just be too much.

How about, buy a Helicopter and flit back and forth between the two.

Sorry, not being too helpfull here am I? But then you didnt actually say they needed to be helpfull ideas!!

SORRY People,have ta get it OFF MI CHEST to some folk who understand and LOVE OUR KITES.

Cant tell ya how Sad it makes me to find my Club and Local INTERNATIONAL Kite festival Clash again this year,It realy has upset me.The Wirral Festival and The Beacon Festival are on the same weekend,,,AGAIN.DISASTER......I cant get it uwt mi yed.

The Wirral is the Biggest Event/kite Festival up North[sunderlands Big i know] IMO.I have to follow my Club and hart to my my Local Festival as i beleive thats the breeding ground,Roots Level,we ALL started at,so has to be sopported.A Community thing rather than a show thing.Supporting the Local Community and my club mean alot.

The downside is,I MISS Th e Wirral Festival A G A I N.So do Hundreds of others.

The wider implications i cant even think about its so upsetting.People that we all miss,The event,Larger Community,.In these days of Funding cuts and Low footfall and finacial presures on everything..,,,,

Im depressed.

BRIAN...

In the past, we encountered a similar problem with our local motorcycle runs, neither club wanting to back-off on their dates which forced both clubs, sometimes more than two, to have runs on the same date. This resulted in not only bad feelings but a loss of club fund-raising possibilities (for all) as well as putting participants on the fence as to which function to attend. How often do we say... Why does everything have to be scheduled on the same day?

As a result, our club contacted the other group and discussed the matter. After deciding who held their (annual) "run" the lonest, in succession, we then (as holding the least annual runs) backed off one week so both runs could be held. This was for the benefit of our club, as it was our annual fund raiser, as well as to benefit of all the cyclists who could then attend both functions. A little give and take I guess... but all in all... we hashed it out.

"Politics" and egos... should be kept out of these types of events as they are supposed to relieve us from all the stresses we, all to often, produce ourselves.

Do I hear an Amen?

BRIAN...

You give the local mob an absolute kicking in a letter Bri. Make it utterly clear how stupid they're being.

You make a good point about people having to miss the Wirral in order to attend, but just how many make the choice to go to the bigger international gathering? I know what I would have done; given a free day and perhaps with kids to keep entertained, if I had an interest in kites and no official tie to either event, it'd be the bigger one every time and who would think differently?

Get 'em told Bri - they're cutting their own throats by missing the chance to interest new people in more local events. Don't hold back - get all Scottish on their ass! LOL

In fact, get your club to respond officially.

Fraser

In the past, we encountered a similar problem with our local motorcycle runs, neither club wanting to back-off on their dates which forced both clubs, sometimes more than two, to have runs on the same date. This resulted in not only bad feelings but a loss of club fund-raising possibilities (for all) as well as putting participants on the fence as to which function to attend. How often do we say... Why does everything have to be scheduled on the same day?

As a result, our club contacted the other group and discussed the matter. After deciding who held their (annual) "run" the lonest, in succession, we then (as holding the least annual runs) backed off one week so both runs could be held. This was for the benefit of our club, as it was our annual fund raiser, as well as to benefit of all the cyclists who could then attend both functions. A little give and take I guess... but all in all... we hashed it out.

"Politics" and egos... should be kept out of these types of events as they are supposed to relieve us from all the stresses we, all to often, produce ourselves.

Do I hear an Amen?

Amen to that,

Cheers Jynx Mouse,and glad your back Fraser

BRIAN...mad as a WASP.

Im depressed.

BRIAN...

Difficult Bri, local club here recently wanted to change festival dates to ensure the future of the festival but a few selfish folk kicked off and hey ho, back to holding the festival on the FA cup weekend.

As Fraser says a lot of pressure on those able to make the change is the way to go, it would be good for both if the local one could help feed folk to the international job held afterwards.

Pressure mate, bet you know how to apply that....and some....like tell us all who to write to about the clash :lol:

Difficult Bri, local club here recently wanted to change festival dates to ensure the future of the festival but a few selfish folk kicked off and hey ho, back to holding the festival on the FA cup weekend.

As Fraser says a lot of pressure on those able to make the change is the way to go, it would be good for both if the local one could help feed folk to the international job held afterwards.

Pressure mate, bet you know how to apply that....and some.

There are only 52 weekends and half of them are at the wrong time of year.

The Valencia/Berck overlap in 2009 is a case in point. I had hoped to do the full event at Berck finally but really would not want to miss Valencia!

Felix

There are only 52 weekends and half of them are at the wrong time of year.

The Valencia/Berck overlap in 2009 is a case in point. I had hoped to do the full event at Berck finally but really would not want to miss Valencia!

Felix

Given that there are festivals held here from Febuary through till the end of September is it then really impossible for smaller events to find dates that are not clashing with other regional festivals, this appears to be the problem Brians highlighted not an international trip.

What it is,is BLOOO.. Depressing.

Tail wagging the Dog.

I and many others want both Festivals to be a great spectical.Nobody wants either to faulter,but it takes advantage of the local flyers Loyaltys or puts them in an Awfull position having to choose between events.

Wish Carl , James and co would do the Beacon and not the Wirral.and some other high profile flyers.I fear if the BIG STICK of The Wirral keeps waveing the £££wand.Then our Local Flyers dont get to see the very people they Love and support in various ways and thats just plain unfair.The other side is we go and see them.Then the Local event suffers Badly.Dont get me wrong.The Local event isnt some small village Green.Thers Thousands watched the last Three years.Thousands each year.Its getting Big,

Sad realy.Hate the Big Bully running roughshod over the Folk who Luv kites and flying.Just the position it puts genuine people in is thoughtless.

BRIAN...

Given that there are festivals held here from Febuary through till the end of September is it then really impossible for smaller events to find dates that are not clashing with other regional festivals, this appears to be the problem Brians highlighted not an international trip.

There will inevitably be clashes. I was only trying to illustrate the point and cannot provide a solution.

Some of the national events are pretty much set in stone but I note that Bristol 2009 is later than usual, as I understand it.

Felix

There will inevitably be clashes. I was only trying to illustrate the point and cannot provide a solution.

Some of the national events are pretty much set in stone but I note that Bristol 2009 is later than usual, as I understand it.

Felix

I appreciate your input Felix, very much so.I expect youve been witness ,many ,many times to similar frustrations.Regardless of location.I see what yourself and Bruce are getting at though.

Thanks for your input fellas.Shows ya all LOVE ME...lol.Makes me feel a little better.

A Solution is whats required,thats so true.

BRIAN...

I appreciate your input Felix, very much so.I expect youve been witness ,many ,many times to similar frustrations.Regardless of location.I see what yourself and Bruce are getting at though.

Thanks for your input fellas.Shows ya all LOVE ME...lol.Makes me feel a little better.

A Solution is whats required,thats so true.

BRIAN...

Brian,

Please remind me of the dates.

<edit> Better still the location of the event -------> over there!

Thanks

Felix

• 2 weeks later...