Video Tutorials

KiteLife

... When the two holes line up, the lines are equal. :ani_victory:

Walt,

How about going back to a pointed tip. Then add scribe lines on the bottom piece to denote how much difference there is between the two lines being measured. That would yield a dimension of how much to shorten the long line.

Cheers,

Tom

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walt,

How about going back to a pointed tip. Then add scribe lines on the bottom piece to denote how much difference there is between the two lines being measured. That would yield a dimension of how much to shorten the long line.

Cheers,

Tom

I wanted to stay away from a scribed line due to the small problem of needing reading glasses now. I would end up needing them to see the scribe line clearly, a hole is easier to see with slightly blurry vision..... :blink:

I don't know about pro........... :blushing:

Here is what I whipped up in thirty minutes out in the shop. The Mini Kite Stake (about 7 inches or 18 cm long) is for size reference.

post-2174-1250447807_thumb.jpg

When the two holes line up, the lines are equal. :ani_victory:

Nice work RS676Man! Sign me up for one of those! ;):P

• 1 year later...

I think we all like your tutorials (I certainly do), but something I have not seen mentioned is important:

Unlike almost every other video on the internet, your tutorials have a good audio track and it is recorded at (or adjusted to) a useful volume level. I almost never have to adjust the volume on my computer when watching these tutorials.