Video Tutorials

KiteLife

In fact, you can access the higher quality video now by adding &fmt=18 to the end of the YouTube URL. If you had uploaded a higher res copy, it would appear at this URL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmsjQLyiFR8&fmt=18

John, I don't know if you're comfortable with altering the code for embedding the higher res videos on these pages, but there are instructions available what to change in this blog post... http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/11/e...TC-0D6B48984890

Alas, that addon code for the URL doesn't work for playlists, at least not when I just tried it.

But, when people go to the individual YouTube videos directly, they should have the option.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Be sure to check out my Windless With Watty topic. I have deleted the previous two videos on the toss and catch and the pancake, and I have uploaded a redone version of each. I also have both videos in formats close to the ones you specified earlier. So send me an e-mail if you would like me to send the files to you.

Be sure to check out my Windless With Watty topic. I have deleted the previous two videos on the toss and catch and the pancake, and I have uploaded a redone version of each. I also have both videos in formats close to the ones you specified earlier. So send me an e-mail if you would like me to send the files to you.

Hi Watty...

Great videos, thanks.

Since you revised them, I'm guessing that's why the previous links don't work. Just to let you know.

Yeah, I know, but the file it's self is not hi res. I was using a program that I don't usually use to edit the video, so I was not sure what format to export it in. Now that I have the formats that John uses.. it will be fine.

Watty-

Ever think of education (teaching) as your major? You're a natural!

The videos are interesting to view, easy to understand, great to learn from!

Super Job! :clap;

Actually, yes.

You see, I come from a family with lots of teachers. I can name six close reletives that are teachers right off the top of my head. (one of wich was a college math professor)

What I plan on majoring in is Math and Education. Eventually I would like to be a college math professor.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Everyone,

There was a request on here a few days a go for a Video tutorial on how to equalise lines. That is how to get all 4 lines the same length. This is important as the lines will vary in length over time and the top lines tend to get long more often as they take more of the kite pressure.

The tutorial is taken in one shot, to show how quickly and easy it can be. The actual equalising takes 5 minutes to get 4 line right.

I use all sleeving that is all the same length, which is the key to making this easier.

Hi Everyone,

There was a request on here a few days a go for a Video tutorial on how to equalise lines. That is how to get all 4 lines the same length. This is important as the lines will vary in length over time and the top lines tend to get long more often as they take more of the kite pressure.

The tutorial is taken in one shot, to show how quickly and easy it can be. The actual equalising takes 5 minutes to get 4 line right.

I use all sleeving that is all the same length, which is the key to making this easier.

That was helpful Simon, thanks for filming and posting that.

BTW, what is the green device that you were using there to check the lines against each other?

Please note that Simon used a piece of line through the "finger" hole in his line equalizer. For good accuracy, that's an important variable. Using your finger can create a slightly offset force in the line equalizer. The line through the finger hole makes the unit a little harder to use, but it's well worth it.

Good video Simon ... thanks!

Last I checked, the line equalizers were hard to acquire .. I ended up making mine. So, it'd be a neat addition if someone would show a quick video of the "line droop" method of identifying differences in line lengths.

Cheers,

Tom

I think I will make one for myself! Should only take about 30 minutes or so.....

Thanks for posting Simon!

Oh Pro Equalizers B) Bling !!

But for anyone to young to remember Moran Equalizers, if you do a search for line winders & equaliser there are now line winders that do both. :)

I think I will make one for myself! Should only take about 30 minutes or so.....

Thanks for posting Simon!

Walt,

Okay, but I would expect more than the simple plastic model out of your shop. Since you're going to put a line through the finger hole, maybe that part of the design can be changed. Aluminum ... yep. Polished ... yep. Bearing at the pivit ... yep ... I used a small nylon bearing from Ace Hardware ... a ball bearing would be cool.

Maybe that'll be your next product offering!

Cheers,

Tom

Opps ... missed your post ... looks like you're already on the road!

Edited by Jeepster