Video Tutorials

KiteLife

Well folks, with a wave of video tutorials about to hit the web, I figured I'd render a playlist to which I'll add new videos as I become aware of them... This playlist will enable you to flip from tutorial to tutorial, in one spot, right here on the Revolution forum.

While the more in-depth tutorials I'll be producing over the next few months will be archived in the Kitelife subscribers section, I will be releasing the essential beginning tutorials (basic control) via YouTube as well.

Once we get a full archive going, look for mp4 (iPod/iPhone) and larger resolution versions to be added to the Kitelife subscribers area.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First video added, Watty's outstanding tutorial on catch/throw techniques, which while he's demonstrating indoors, a great deal of the techniques can be applied outdoors on short enough lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmsjQLyiFR8

Truly, very well done Watty... It's been my pleasure to watch your flying and character grow since you came on the scene.

Keep 'em coming, young brother. ;)

Well folks, with a wave of video tutorials about to hit the web, I figured I'd render a playlist to which I'll add new videos as I become aware of them... This playlist will enable you to flip from tutorial to tutorial, in one spot, right here on the Revolution forum.

While the more in-depth tutorials I'll be producing over the next few months will be archived in the Kitelife subscribers section, I will be releasing the essential beginning tutorials (basic control) via YouTube as well.

Once we get a full archive going, look for mp4 (iPod/iPhone) and larger resolution versions to be added to the Kitelife subscribers area.

Kudos to Watty!

Moves are easy to see and understand.

Nice to see both the move/s and hand control/s all in one view.

Wish this could be achieved for the outdoor Rev, long line, stunts.

Or has it? :confused!:

Jynx

Kudos to Watty!

Moves are easy to see and understand.

Nice to see both the move/s and hand control/s all in one view.

Wish this could be achieved for the outdoor Rev, long line, stunts.

Or has it? :confused!:

Jynx

Outdoor catch & throw depends a lot on your arm strength once you get beyond 75'. I've found the SLE's weight and javelin-like properties well suited for the longer catch & throw distances.

First video added, Watty's outstanding tutorial on catch/throw techniques, which while he's demonstrating indoors, a great deal of the techniques can be applied outdoors on short enough lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmsjQLyiFR8

Truly, very well done Watty... It's been my pleasure to watch your flying and character grow since you came on the scene.

Keep 'em coming, young brother. ;)

It makes me smile to hear that from you John. Thank you.

That realy is an Uber Cool vid Spence, well explained and presented. Pity Youtube compresses the quality down. You ROCK my man.

And John, what a cool idea, gathering all the demo vids together.

Will you be able to put higher quality clips from Watty and others on Kitelife?

Just thought, as the short lines show both kite and pilot, I wonder if you could incorperate it into your tutorials, here is how you do it as a demonstration on short lines which shows handles and kite. Now another demo on longer lines??

If Watty and others are willing to contribute their work for higher resolution and mp4 versions in the KL downloads area, we'd LOVE to host them there... No exclusivity of course, just using our web space to make those "premium" format videos available to our subscribers.

No pressure, will wait to hear from anyone who's interested. ;)

Sure, I wouldn't mind. The toss and Catch file really isn't in high res. I wasn't sure what format to export the files to put them on YouTube, but I can put all future videos in hi res mp4.

You Tube is now doing high res. At least, much higher than what they started with.

Upload videos at the original resolution and don't crank up the compression too high. As they roll out the high res capability, your data will already be there and will become available to view in high res.

In fact, you can access the higher quality video now by adding &fmt=18 to the end of the YouTube URL. If you had uploaded a higher res copy, it would appear at this URL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmsjQLyiFR8&fmt=18

John, I don't know if you're comfortable with altering the code for embedding the higher res videos on these pages, but there are instructions available what to change in this blog post... http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/11/e...TC-0D6B48984890

Your Signature??????????

OK, yea.. I forgot about that lol... It's just supposed to be a joke...

You Tube is now doing high res. At least, much higher than what they started with.

Upload videos at the original resolution and don't crank up the compression too high. As they roll out the high res capability, your data will already be there and will become available to view in high res.

Yeah, I know, but the file it's self is not hi res. I was using a program that I don't usually use to edit the video, so I was not sure what format to export it in. Now that I have the formats that John uses.. it will be fine.