Who are the Rev-O-Lettes

stevepigeon

Some of you may have seen some women wearing Rev-O-Lettes tee shirts around your local kite festivals and at the AKA Convention.

Wondering who are these Rev-O-Lettes?

The Rev-O-Lettes mission is to let women know that we can fly Revs too. In this male dominated sport, I thought it was time to create a group of women Rev fliers, with the purpose of supporting and teaching other women to fly and share the spirit of team flying.

Are we a Rev flying team? Yes, we fly as a team.

Are there core members? Yes, there are 4 core members. The core members contribution is to encourage other woman to learn to fly Revs.

How can you become a Rev-O-Lette? Just drop me an email at [email protected] or place a post here and we will add you name to the list. We welcome all lady Rev fliers around the world.

Can men fly with the Rev-O-Lettes? Only if your not afraid to wear pink.

For to long the woman have been sitting on the edges of the fields watching "The Boys" fly, The Rev-O-Lettes invite you to come and fly with us. To learn, laugh and fellowship. We want you to feel comfortable joining in team flying, no matter what your skill level is.

So the next time you see that pink shirt or the pink Revs up in the sky come join us...

Sherri (Florida) Rev-O-Lettes Founder

Cath (North Carolina) Core Member

Mousie ( Oregon) Core member

Lisa (New Jersey) Core member

Laura (New Jersey) Core member

Melanie ( Tennessee)

Elaine ( London England)

Lolly (California)

Carol (Washington)

Carolyn (PA)

Fiona (UK)

Jynx (WI)

Pam (CA)

Donna (TX)

Rev-O-Letts Jr

Delanie (FL)

Honorary Members

Smitty (NJ)

Rich (NJ)

AL (NJ)

Official Equipment Magnager

Steve (FL)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a verrrrry cool idea! I thought the Revolettes were a troupe like iQuad, tbh. :?

We fly as a team but more importantly we support each other on and off the field. Rev-O-Lettes are fliers, mothers, grandmothers (for some of us), wives, and daughters.

It is the common ground of our love for Revs that brings us together, but it is what we do off the fields to support each other that makes us different.

If we are competing it's nice to have a fellow Rev-O-Lette share her experience with us to improve our skills.

If one of the Rev-O-Lettes is hurting because of a personal situation, we call her so she knows that someone cares.

If we are traveling to another state and need a place to stay, we open our homes to each other.

Sherri

I have to say I was really happy to get to be able to meet Lisa and Laura at Nationals... Lisa and I were so busy we never did get to fly together, ( but we will), and Laura and I flew team and had a blast . Thanks Scotty for the great calls.

I am truly honored to be a part of this team and I will continue to work on my skills and learn from everyone I can. I have seen the kites ( Sherri you should run the pics again perhaps?). Hope to get to Treasure Island this year to do some flying with all of you.

One thing I decided when I got into flying , was that I was going to learn as many aspects of it as I could. I told JB soon after I met him.. that it was my goal. Well, I have a lot to learn yet, but I have a good start I think, and one of my favorite things to do is fly teams, and pairs. I won't list all the things I have to learn yet, cause I would flood this forum lol. But one thing I have learned is that the *connection* you get when flying with someone else. or a group is very.. intimate.. ok notttttttttttt like that. What I mean is, you are not just you anymore. You becomes Us.

I am glad to be in this unity of women fliers.. and I do think we can contribute something new to the world.. ...

** ok Girls.. one more thing.

I have always watched the guys pull these 360's in low wind and swore I would never even attempt it. JB covers 4 times the ground I can in one stride lol..

Today I was out flying.. low wind when I realized there were a couple of guys trying to launch a parafoil in the same field.. weird cause I am mostly flying on my own and to have anyone out there with me is great. Anyway, they were having a heck of a time, the parafoil was really too big for this light of wind, but they kept trying. I only had about 40 min to fly so I was going for it with the standard on race rods.. Here in Bend, the wind changes direction constantly and in light winds it's even worse. I felt the window start to change as I was flying and started compensating and flying more to the right...when all the sudden i realized I was halfway into a 360. I was thinking * oh cripes*.. but took off running and managed to pull it off! I never dropped lower then 10 feet so I was surprised when I made it.. The best part was that I have witnesses!!!!! lol. The worst part is I ran two miles this morning already, and was already sore lol.. tomorrow may be hellish, because I am going to be flying indoors all morning.. but . I did it, and I am proud of myself. ( and no i probably won't ever make one again lmao ).

Hugs to all the new Rev-O-Lettes! Cannot wait to fly with you!

Mousie

** ok Girls.. one more thing.

I have always watched the guys pull these 360's in low wind and swore I would never even attempt it. JB covers 4 times the ground I can in one stride lol..

Today I was out flying.. low wind when I realized there were a couple of guys trying to launch a parafoil in the same field.. weird cause I am mostly flying on my own and to have anyone out there with me is great. Anyway, they were having a heck of a time, the parafoil was really too big for this light of wind, but they kept trying. I only had about 40 min to fly so I was going for it with the standard on race rods.. Here in Bend, the wind changes direction constantly and in light winds it's even worse. I felt the window start to change as I was flying and started compensating and flying more to the right...when all the sudden i realized I was halfway into a 360. I was thinking * oh cripes*.. but took off running and managed to pull it off! I never dropped lower then 10 feet so I was surprised when I made it.. The best part was that I have witnesses!!!!! lol. The worst part is I ran two miles this morning already, and was already sore lol.. tomorrow may be hellish, because I am going to be flying indoors all morning.. but . I did it, and I am proud of myself. ( and no i probably won't ever make one again lmao ).

Hugs to all the new Rev-O-Lettes! Cannot wait to fly with you!

Mousie

Way to go on the 360!!!!

I tried to do one the other day. I think I would have had it if my lines were a little shorter. I was on 80ft. I try tp practice on 45ft until I can get the hang of it.

Good job on completing a 360.

We love ya Mousie :clap;

Sherri

There must be more ladies out there???

For my fellow Rev-O-Lettes here is my video from Outer Banks.

Sherri

NICEE JOB!! Looks like you had a little lean going on lol.. Gosh that's a beautiful field. What is the monument? Congratulations on winning your first Comp!!!

many hugs,

mousie