kitechat.org

antman

I just tried to look it and couldn't read anything chatwise on the page. Do you have to be a member to see the chat?

Edited to add: After further attempts of trying to get in and adjusting pop up blockers and firewalls, etc. I'm not so sure it works for Mac users at least. I tried it in Safari & Firefox with no luck. Maybe that's keeping others away as well?

It's been severely underused, and I'm not likely to keep the Kitechat site online for very much longer.

I enjoyed kitechat when it was being used. Met several flyers and traded some good stories and learned some things. In fact TeeCee showed up at my door to fly in 30 inches of snow from a chat on that room. It was good time but hard on a boy from down south.

If it could get back to the critical mass and become active again, I would love to show up there a few times a week. Maybe it needs a keg of good beer on line at all times to get people there.

We should setup a party for kitechat for some evening. Weather is getting bad in most areas so how about a mid november party on kitechat. I think a Saturday night would be good, but I am open to almost any night.

If a bunch showed up and maybe if it were duplicated a couple of times then the chat room would reinvigorate.

If not then John you should shoot it in the head an put it out of its misery.

Guest QuadQrazy

I have stoped in kitechat a few times, and nobodys there execpt Hal, and he keeps calling me Dave for some reason ?

I did not know about kitechat intill this thread, so I think us meeting there at a set time, and date to have a chat party is a good idea.

I have stoped in kitechat a few times, and nobodys there execpt Hal, and he keeps calling me Dave for some reason ?

I did not know about kitechat intill this thread, so I think us meeting there at a set time, and date to have a chat party is a good idea.

i couldnt agree more so if you go on then drop me a pm and ill meet you there if i am online

i couldnt agree more so if you go on then drop me a pm and ill meet you there if i am online

I'd go in there if I knew other folks were there or were to drop on by at a set time. For me the best time would be any evening after 7:30 or so.

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do... :kid_smartass:

You know, I think if there was a voice-chat option on kitechat, I would probably use it more, because if I'm on my computer, I'm usually playing a video game or something, and I don't want to have to pause it to type in a chat.

Come to think of it, maybe we could even make a server on Ventrilo :D

You know, I think if there was a voice-chat option on kitechat, I would probably use it more, because if I'm on my computer, I'm usually playing a video game or something, and I don't want to have to pause it to type in a chat.

Come to think of it, maybe we could even make a server on Ventrilo :D

I am feeling soooo old and out of touch having read that ;) Maybe they should make me a judge - I seem perfectly qualified!

Okay, we're using the "Standard" version now, costing Kitelife $9.95 per month to operate...

http://www.parachat.com/features/

Considering upgrading to "Professional", at a discounted rate of $14.95 per month ($5 more).

Thoughts, from the users?

==

One quirk right now, the chat only supports 2 voice connections (like one sending and one receiving)...

If we want to add six more, it's $13.95 per month... Or, $69.95 if we want them to be able to use video as well.

Main application here would be live workshops or chats, etc... May not be crucial, especially when I start getting tutorials online at Kitelife.

Okay, we're using the "Standard" version now, costing Kitelife $9.95 per month to operate...

http://www.parachat.com/features/

Considering upgrading to "Professional", at a discounted rate of $14.95 per month ($5 more).

Thoughts, from the users?

This may be a dumb question, verging on heretical, but why not use another (free to use) network solution such as Skype or (if you really must) Microsoft Messenger or Yahoo Messenger? I know Skype as a peer to peer based tool isn't too popular with Corporate IS but it works with chat and some conferencing options.

As a user, I've been trying to manage down the number of "providers" [just gets too confusing to deal with the idiosyncrasies of multiple overlapping systems] - unless there is a real unique selling proposition, e.g. for webcast / podcast streaming, I'm not sure there is a compelling case for it - server horsepower and network bandwidth may be better deployed elsewhere.

YMMV of course....