Any Rev fliers on mid-Vancouver Island?

steveb

I know there are a lot of fliers in the Victoria area, but was wondering this: does anyone flies Revs in the mid-Island area, like from Parksville to Nanaimo?

The drive to Victoria takes me over 3 hours round trip and half tank of gas, so I'd like to hook up with Rev fliers a little more local.

I fly a lot, but very seldom have anyone to fly with. 98/100 times it's just me, the Canada Geese and the dog walkers. :(

Too bad I'm so far away or I would. Up until a couple weeks ago I had the same problem. Have you tried an ad in any local online classifieds, etc.? That's what I did and on the third attempt it worked. Didn't get a ready built kite flyer, but a potential one which is still good.

Bart

I know there are a lot of fliers in the Victoria area, but was wondering this: does anyone flies Revs in the mid-Island area, like from Parksville to Nanaimo?

The drive to Victoria takes me over 3 hours round trip and half tank of gas, so I'd like to hook up with Rev fliers a little more local.

I fly a lot, but very seldom have anyone to fly with. 98/100 times it's just me, the Canada Geese and the dog walkers. :(

Probably the easiest way to solve this is to get some of the locals addicted to REVs by teaching them how to fly them.

Probably the easiest way to solve this is to get some of the locals addicted to REVs by teaching them how to fly them.

I've got a few spare Revs, handles and line sets, but never get asked at my local fields.

It's just me, the dog walkers and Canada Geese, even on a day like today with clear blue skies, warm sunshine, and a perfect 5-7 knot breeze right off the water. :mellow:

I've got a few spare Revs, handles and line sets, but never get asked at my local fields.

It's just me, the dog walkers and Canada Geese, even on a day like today with clear blue skies, warm sunshine, and a perfect 5-7 knot breeze right off the water. :mellow:

You have to reverse the tactic!

When the dog walkers or anyone else comes by, strike up a conversation about anything and then ask them if they would like to fly your rev!

Yeah, you need to do what all my friends always tell me and that is be more aggressive. Easier said than done though.

Bart

To tell you the truth, I'm way too introverted to comfortably strike up conversations with random strangers walking their dogs.

Also, who is going to take care of their dog(s) while I'm giving them lessons?

I was hoping there was a lurker or two in the area that wouldn't mind flying kites once in a while.

It's just me, the dog walkers and Canada Geese,

even on a day like today with clear blue skies,

warm sunshine,

and a perfect 5-7 knot breeze right off the water. :mellow:

I feel your anxiety Steve especially in the gorgeous perfect setting you describe.

Wish they would hurry up and find a wormhole or

invent a splectascope to transport us around the globe with our kit to fly with whoever & wherever we wish! :)

Still look on the bright side, you've clocked up an amazing amount of hours/days flying this year, more than most :D

*hugs*

You ever read or played MYST ?

I'd create a Myst world that was perfect for flying revs and link to it whenever and with whoever I wish :blue-love:

"It's better with two" says Pooh.

Wish they would hurry up and find a wormhole or

invent a splectascope to transport us around the globe with our kit to fly with whoever & wherever we wish!

Transporter technology is what we need. That would solve my winter months dilema as well.

So, does anyone fly any kind of kite where you are steveb? Here, with a small population, I can understand it, but where you are I would have thought it would be a common site.

Bart

Transporter technology is what we need. That would solve my winter months dilema as well.

So, does anyone fly any kind of kite where you are steveb? Here, with a small population, I can understand it, but where you are I would have thought it would be a common site.

Bart

I agree- it's really a pity that so many of us are separated by inconvenient commutes. It'd be a lot of fun to have a Rev Forum Mega Fly! :D

There are a lot of active fliers in the Victoria area, but even though one of the best flying spots on the Island is in Parksville, 98/100 of the times that I go there, it's just me, the dog walkers and Canada Geese. There used to be lots of fliers between Nanaimo and Parksville, but most seem to have found other things to do and the few that are left only seem to get out a couple of times a year.

This year there were two guys at the festival here from Victoria and they said they flew quite a bit. I was going to get their email addresses before they left, but suddenly they were gone. They had mentioned quite a few Rev fliers near them. I'd like to have gave you a couple names.

Bart

Success! There finally was another Rev flier at Parksville this weekend! :D

The winds were fairly strong and Tim was flying his blue B-Series Standard. I mentioned that I had a few spare Venteds if he wanted to try one out and by the look of the smile on his face, he had a good time with it.

It was really nice to have another flier to fly with.

post-1987-1225154038_thumb.jpg

post-1987-1225154070_thumb.jpg

post-1987-1225154124_thumb.jpg