Pro Series

sailor99

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To our Rev Family,

OK, Ok hot off the presses, some more info on the B Series Pro.

Yes to Vented, Yes to Mid-Vented, and Yes to SUL.

Unless Baz has some tricks up his sleeve, the SUL sail will have a light weight (1.5 oz Ripstop) Leading Edge, and can come with a Spectra Bridle, your choice on the bridle.

The sail itself should be the same material.

I need to have a set of B Pro's in my hot little hands to weigh them and post the differences between each model. Then of course, the weight will depend on which frame you put in it. See how this info stuff goes :kid_frustrated:

You do get a choice of Frames in this Pro Series. Race included in the choices.

A straight off savings !!! Gee- this kite is almost free, except in Australia.

The sail is made of individual panels. The lay-up and sewing with the use of Icarex exclusively makes the life span on this sail extended. This is no easy task. Keeping the sail flat and tensioned correctly is the work of an Expert.

Thank you Baz for making this possible.

My only other bit of info is-

These kites are selling. You better get in line. Get your name on the list. !!!

I need some to take to the Kite Trade Show in Destin Florida this January.

I'm already in line.

Have a great weekend in Wildwood guys and gals.

Lolly

Thanks Lolly, seeing I've been totally infatuated with the Midvent and I can tell already that it will probably take over as my most used I think I'm going to go with a pro series version for the durability and the panel layout is really cool.

The fact they are made by Bazzer tells me that while Revolution puts out a quality product fact is mass production is just that, these will be crafted on a personal basis by from what I've seen to be a very thorough craftsman.

I'm looking fwd to ordering mine soon and even more so to finally having a vented kite I can fly in as low as 2-3 mph without much effort :kid_smartass:

$340 = £210 + £42 shipping, VAT and Duty = £250 v £190 for a B. Not quite free! But I do take your point that the pro-series has a level of quality and longevity that is not in the B, so justifies a premium.

What about lead times? Is there a sail only option given many people will be thinking about replacing their B's with them, so will already have frames, endcaps and bridles

Also interested in this life thing. I know it is difficult to quantify but why exactly would a pro have a longer life than a B-series (which I understand is a top-drawer kite)?

I know we're getting off-topic, but I just picked dates and an airline at random and this is what I got:

AMERICAN AIRLINES 51 LHR London Feb 24, 2009

09:55 AM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Feb 24, 2009

02:25 PM 777 Economy Q MODIFY AAL.gif AMERICAN AIRLINES 1433 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Feb 24, 2009

03:40 PM SNA Santa Ana Feb 24, 2009

04:55 PM 738 Economy Q AAL.gif AMERICAN AIRLINES 1262 SNA Santa Ana Mar 03, 2009

02:55 PM ORD Chicago Mar 03, 2009

08:50 PM 757 Economy Q MODIFY AAL.gif AMERICAN AIRLINES 98 ORD Chicago Mar 03, 2009

09:55 PM LHR London Mar 04, 2009

11:30 AM 777 Economy Q moduleTabLeft.gifFare Summary moduleTabRight.gifmoduleTabLeft.gif? moduleTabRight.gif Average Fare per Person: Departure - 232.70 USD Return - 231.70 USD Passenger Type Used in Pricing Adult Departure Fare per Person 232.70 USD Return Fare per Person 231.70 USD Total Fare per Person 464.40 USD Additional Taxes and Fees per Person * 170.90 USD Total Price 635.30 USD

According to google:

635 U.S. dollars = 392.82 British pounds

At least that's if it's ordered from the States. It may be higher with VAT if ordered from the UK

Other airlines may be cheaper. Other dates may also be cheaper.

edit: hmmm this doesn't look like it did when I cut and pasted from the airline web page, but I think you can figure it out....

You are all ASSUMING the price of $340.00. IF the price holds for 09, you KNOW we ALWAYS run specials at Kite Party, ESPECIALLY since we all know with the way things are now, it isn't easy or cheap for ANYONE to attend. I will tell you, that whatever 08 Revs I have by KP time, there will be some VERY sweet deals, especially if you pay with paper (the GREEN kind with President's names on them!)

D

That does not help those of us who live outside USA, and even more so, those who live in Australia. The exchange rate is terrible at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex,we would have you JAILBIRDS[think history im jokeing with ya mate]back over this side of the water,but beleive me.Its hardly any better atm when buying Statesideover here.

Only a few mnths ago.The good old £ was fetching over $2.06 at one exchange i did.Yesterday it was $1.68 to the £1 and dropping.

Offcourse this is what our Trade and Economy gurus see as being good for the home economys.By makeing it less attractive to buy abroad or in the usa.Then you will spend it at home.Seems fair enough realy when you wana buy a car,tele,x box,or a weeks fun and sun[NOT]in Blackpool.

Its not Revs fault at all and prices of raw materials are rant away also.

BUT NOT IF YA WANT A MASTERPIECE OR P Series :kid_brooding:

BRIAN...biteing the bullet

Of course, knowing that at some time or another we would all be wanting to buy kites, we should have bought US$ while the going was good and put them on deposit (Although not with an Icelandic bank of course!)

Too late for that, but if anyone is considering buying a Rev here in the near future it might be a plan to make it happen soon, with the £ down around 20% to the $ it inevitably means an upward pressure on prices.

hi all.

a quote from lolly

The sail is made of individual panels. The lay-up and sewing with the use of Icarex exclusively makes the life span on this sail extended. This is no easy task. Keeping the sail flat and tensioned correctly is the work of an Expert.

never heard of double sidded tape.

it is not a hard job, my wife has made me a few revs using the tape.

nice revs from bazzer.

all the best steve.

hi all.

a quote from lolly

never heard of double sidded tape.

it is not a hard job, my wife has made me a few revs using the tape.

nice revs from bazzer.

all the best steve.

Hi Steve :blue_wink: ,

Unless Lisa works over the pond my freind,she has never made any Revs.I know nowt about materials and stitching.Certainly dont pretend to,but i do know a copy or QUAD kite from a Real REVOLUTION kite.

<im smart arse :kid_devlish: >

BRIAN...its a pet hate of mine

Hello All....

I had the good fortune to fly a B Pro, Standard sail on Sunday. Honestly, I had expected it to be just a B with different colored panels. It is not the case at all. This flies amazingly well. It's super smooth. I have to say I was blown away by it; and that was immediately after flying my Standard B, so if I could feel it being that much smoother, it has to be something quite special... and it is!

I have my colors already picked :kid_devlish: . I plan on having it done with the SUL leading edge which will allow for the lower wind range, with the strength to handle a wider range than a Standard SUL. I might have to get a Pro B'V, too. hmmmmmmmmmmmm, now that I'm thinking about it, an outer panel midvent might be sweeeeeet, too. :P