Rev in a Film

Baloo

I did mean to post this a couple of Days ago but forgot.

Watched a film on Sky I think it was called Shooter, about a sniper that is framed for attempting to assassinate some American political bloke or something. We had visitors part the way through so I didnt see it all.

What I did notice about 20 minutes in while they waere near a park was a Rev being flown in the background.

Anyone noticed this one?

And anyone know of any other fils with Revs in?

I did mean to post this a couple of Days ago but forgot.

Watched a film on Sky I think it was called Shooter, about a sniper that is framed for attempting to assassinate some American political bloke or something. We had visitors part the way through so I didnt see it all.

What I did notice about 20 minutes in while they waere near a park was a Rev being flown in the background.

Anyone noticed this one?

And anyone know of any other fils with Revs in?

I believe there is a scene where they are in Washington DC and you see a dualie flying in the background. I heard that it is the WOW kite club, or something like that. (Wings Over Washington)

Hi...the kite scenes were shot in Baltimore, MD, at Ft. McHenry. The flyers included Paul LaMasters, Jim Cosca, and Harold Ames...and possibly one more that escapes me at the moment.

Some REAL cool names there. For a few split seconds of flying in the background. Bet they had to fly for longer than that in reality though.

Hodges is correct,

Jim Cosca set this up with the film's producers. We flew kites during an all day in a torrential rainstorm, in park not big enough to hide dog droppings! Stinkin' trees and playground stuff was in the way also. There were 10 of us all together. So we could pack the sky with kites, at least from the camera's unique perspective angle.

They did 3 different takes to get that 6/10th's of second on film. A couple of hours behind us, then again from the side, and finally shooting up from the bottom of the hill. We pretty much flew non-stop from noon until after six pm. They did feed a us a couple of meals and treated us like actors though, we even received financial compensation as kite experts.

Jay (from the kiteloft) and his wife, daughter, Lisa and Ian Willoughby, Paul Dugard, Barbara and Paul LaMasters, Jim Cosca, Harold Ames.

We still kid Cosca about Marc Walhberg's throwing his fine premier sport kite away

after proving you can't shoot the prez at the park in Baltimore, it's too windy for a clean kill!

I dont know, you would have thought that the producer would have given you a decent place to fly.

After all they could have used pretty much any park or public place to set the scene.

I would think film makers not being kiters would be going for some kind of visual appeal and therefore a playground might hold more interest to them.

yes, but it didn't make the film's final edited version. Cosca gave him some lessons, but it was raining cats and dogs, it was a "not fit for humanity kind of day"

Awwww that's a shame! :/ Judging by your pics, it doesn't even look like weather fit for a duck. Bleh!