Race Rod Sets?

dean750

Hi Felix,

I'm sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you on this one I have not been well and have thought it best to stay away from the PC for a while.

<snip>

I don't think many of us on this forum have either the scientific knowledge or access to the equipment necessary to do a proper scientific comparison of the flex and recovery properties of spars but I recon that afternoon Gary and I got as close as two laymen need to do to decide what works well.

I think a quote from my post when I wrote this up first time may sum things up best.

Having said all that, I recently had a conversation with a very respected Rev flyer who said that in really low wind he preferred Pro Use to Race Rods, so I think if it's really calm again on a quiet Sunday afternoon I may be doing some more comparisons.

Sorry to hear you have been unwell. I hope you are fully recovered.

I certainly do not know the science <grins>

The more flexible spars spill more air if you attempt to 'drive' the kite. I like the 'crispness' of the RR in the 1.5 as in 'throw it around' in a very light breeze! I'll have to get a set for the Rev 1....

I am not sure that I have experienced the levels of turbulence implied by some in the higher wind range when the speed of 'spring back' might be helpful. I wonder if the turbulence referred to is that produced by other kites in team flying?

Felix

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, no voting will be required!

I ordered a set from my "local" kite dealer (about four hours away, but he is the closest and nice to deal with). I doubt they will be of much use this fall unless we get a nice turn of good weather again, but we'll see. I also ordered a kite bag for everything and a set of 120' lines so now I'll need to keep the kites for at least another year. B)

Bart

Okay, no voting will be required!

I ordered a set from my "local" kite dealer (about four hours away, but he is the closest and nice to deal with). I doubt they will be of much use this fall unless we get a nice turn of good weather again, but we'll see. I also ordered a kite bag for everything and a set of 120' lines so now I'll need to keep the kites for at least another year. B)

Bart

Mike can get race rods?

Cowboy,

Yes, Mike can get Race Rod sets. About two weeks or so to get to me, but if I've lived without them for this long I can wait a bit longer. Just don't know if they will see much use this year anymore, but I have some extra cash now so I'm getting them now!

He is placing an order this week so get on it!

Bart

Well, my questions have been answered.

Race Rods are Race Rods, there need not be anything else. They're functional in all kites applied for all conditions applied. No need for more versions of something that already works.

In the winds I was yaking about you'd be flying a full vent if you have it. And would probably be flying with the Race Rods already available.

Dean

• 2 weeks later...