Flying in Pompano, FL

AdventureAng

I'm going to be in Pompano November 16th to the 23rd and I was wondering if anybody lived in the area that would want to meet up and fly. I'll be mainly kite surfing while I'm down there, but I was hoping to get in some Rev flying too. I'll be down there by myself so I'm looking for things to do.

I live in Deerfield beach which is on the boarder of Pompano. I fly on a nice semi private beach in Boca Raton. When you get down i'll fly with you. I'm always looking for people to fly with.

Adam

Us jersey folk got to stick together. "what exit are you from?"

I live in Deerfield beach which is on the boarder of Pompano. I fly on a nice semi private beach in Boca Raton. When you get down i'll fly with you. I'm always looking for people to fly with.

Adam

Us jersey folk got to stick together. "what exit are you from?"

I'm down in Boca alot (my mom lives there).

What beach are you referring to?

It is just south of Palmetto park road. The only way to get onto it is threw the condo on the beach. But its nice and wide with not alot of people on it. You can walk down to it from Palmetto but its a nice walk. Let me know when your down as well. Im out there almost every weekend.

Adam

A bunch of J.N. kids flying in Florida? This should be fun. I flew with Alden and Brad in TI and had a great time. That's only around 2 hours from Cocoa Beach so I'll try not to miss a chance to come down there for a day and play with ya. :kid_content:

SWEET! Is a weekday or a weekend better for you? I have to schedule some kite surfing stuff, so I'm trying to work around that, so just let me know what day you want to meet up. Basically any day from November 17th to the 22nd (the 16th and 23rd I'll be traveling). We could meet up for an evening fly, a morning fly, or an all-day fly, it's up to you :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you i was up in New Jersey on business and just got back. Had no time to fly when i was up there. :angry: I run my own business so what ever is best for you. The beach is less crowded during the weekdays. Im open for any day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heya Ang,

Were you anywhere near Titusville around the 14th? Friends of mine who live down there went to watch the night launch of the shuttle Endeavor. They talked about enjoying watching the kitesurfers and saw a lady surfer with a long dark braid! It's such a smalllll world, I was wondering if maybe that was you. :)

Heya Ang,

Were you anywhere near Titusville around the 14th? Friends of mine who live down there went to watch the night launch of the shuttle Endeavor. They talked about enjoying watching the kitesurfers and saw a lady surfer with a long dark braid! It's such a smalllll world, I was wondering if maybe that was you. :)

That would have been so ironic, but no, it wasn't me :-(. I didn't get to kite surf this time around. I flew the rev a little in the Keys and got my first taste of street flying (very stressful by the way, but fun too). Adam and I are meeting up today and nice wind is in the forecast, so I am excited. Will post later to let everybody know how we did:-)

I'm still ready to go. Just let me know when(22nd)/where.

Ant I will pencil in 2010 for a fly.

2010 ill have you ready to go denny man .. i cant wait they started building houses as it is a gated community and their are lots of homes to be built .. theirs ison a waiting list but when its done im there .. its in port st lucie 80 miles from clearwater besch .. i cant wait once things are set ill be there.. it will be a while but it will happen

I did want to make it but my grand daughter's birthday breakfast came first. After it was over I would have had to drive 2 1/2 hours each way for about an hour of flying. I called after the breakfast, talked to Adam and almost did it anyway. Next time!

That would have been so ironic, but no, it wasn't me :-(. I didn't get to kite surf this time around. I flew the rev a little in the Keys and got my first taste of street flying (very stressful by the way, but fun too). Adam and I are meeting up today and nice wind is in the forecast, so I am excited. Will post later to let everybody know how we did:-)

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get to kitesurf, but it sounds like you're having a fabulous vacation regardless! ;D Looking forward to hearing more and especially seeing some pics!... nudge!!!