What would you fly to?

sailor99

Just had an hour at my usual spot at the beach infested by kite borders.. flew my blast .. aggressively .. to an album of punk classics (clash, pistols, x-ray specs, strangler and buzzcocks) ... opened up a space big enough to play in and then switched to a vented B and some chill out tracks ...... from now on I am naming my playlists by kite :)

Well, here's one for you from someone who can pretty much manage only forward flight and the occassional hover. I hear some songs that seem to create visions of the kite in the sky (mostly doing what I can't do right now) and I thought it was odd I would do this. I tend to get impressions from songs that tell a story either abstract or more direct. Currently if I hear Count on Me by Default I can see three or so Revs in the sky.

The one song I can no longer stand to even hear is Stairway to Heaven. I know iQuad uses this and it was fine at first, but the local radio station plays this 4 times a day so I never want to hear it again and that includes if iQuad ever comes back here. IT IS BANNED. :wacko:

Bart

Over the years I flew to a number of pieces in competition.

The one scoring the highest with the judges was:

- It's oh so quiet - Bjork

At EuroCup 1997 in Cervia Italy I did score considerably higher then Carl Robertshaw in ballet.

The public in general did not care that much for it but they really liked:

- Over the Rainbow - Barbara Streisand

To the music I flew a rainbow colored REV I with 6 rainbow colored tails, each 15mtr(50ft) long.

I was told I was on television a few times in Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Malaysia. I only saw the German one.

Another piece which I flew pairs with was:

- Dual of the Fates - Star wars

For fun easy flying I always liked various pieces from Vangelis.

Ok I think its now safe to let this one out of the bag, 96/97 I was flying Pairs to Its Oh So Quiet :-) & All the Uk judges would have been very familiar with the music, Oh and I judged Euro Cup Cervia ;-)

But the main thing is that is a ballet piece of music, it just ticks all the boxes. And john has made a second even more important point. Who are you doing the ballet for, Crowd or judges. unless the scoring condition have changed greatly one wont work for the other. And dont forget those who have a routine that is flown with music on the PA, to quote 2 & a 1/2 Men "You Know What I mean"

Hate it or Hate it my choice is Frogs Chorus, and now Hindi Diamonds

(V Hard but Fun... Its only a ballet when there are no calls !!)

Just had an hour at my usual spot at the beach infested by kite borders.. flew my blast .. aggressively .. to an album of punk classics (clash, pistols, x-ray specs, strangler and buzzcocks) ... opened up a space big enough to play in and then switched to a vented B and some chill out tracks ...... from now on I am naming my playlists by kite :)

Thats it i'm moving to the UK, The power blast AND punk combination was too much to resist :kid_devlish:

Thats it i'm moving to the UK, The power blast AND punk combination was too much to resist :kid_devlish:

Yeah but you'll have to put up with the Frogs Chorus too !!!

Now sing after me, sung to the the tune of Luck be a Lady Tonight (Another LummasHoathLummas Classic Tune :-)

"Cant get it out of my head,"

Just can't get it out of my head

Sometimes I wish I was dead...."

That's a tough thing to narrow down. I have a broad variety in the iPOD, but I can't narrow down a piece to fly a routine to for competing. .... it's been something I've been talking about for days....

For the competition side you need to search for a piece that you can fly to that shows everything that can be done or you can do with a REV.

It needs to be something where there is a definite change in the rhythm. You can also create your own cut by piecing several different pieces together, however that should flow smoothly from one to the next. Seems to me there is something in the rules on the latter.

One of the first to really master this technique was Stefen Furter from Switzerland in dual line. Guido Maiocchi from Italy also did a great combo for quads.

You might be able to find their ballets on the internet somewhere.

• 3 years later...

..... Close your eyes, the sun is shining on your back, there is a gentle 8 MPH wind blowing and you have just turned on your iPod and you are selecting the supreme flying track. What is it? Of course you can only play one track, so you are limited to one choice (although you are allowed to change your mind at a later date!).

Oh, and my ideal track, the one Hippy Chippy played on the drive home, was Groove Armarda ' At The River'.

Completely UNFAIR to ask for just one supreme flying track kid_frustrated.gif even with the ability to change my mind later!! It kind of depends on the kite that's up, the setup, and how I'm trying to fly it at the time....

Very hard to choose here. The conditions you have described have been foreign to me (mostly) since October. And, any single song here feels weird to call supreme.

Following the criteria laid out above, I guess it would (currently) have to be standard sail, 3 wrap frame, on the 120's, listening to "My Curse" by Killswitch Engage.

blue_music.gifblue_inlove.gif

I've never competed, but I've often listened to alot of songs that I thought would be good. I like a lot of Instramentals when I'm flying, Most are to long I think,but Joe Satriani" If I could Fly", Pink Floyd "Terminal Frost", Ace Freley"Fractured",Joe Walsh" Theme from Boat Weirdos", Mannheim Steamroller" Mere Image" I like alot of variety. Just My 2 Cent.:)

Michael

Interesting thread here :)

Listening while flying was not much my thing before when i flew only duals though am always listening to music elsewhere..driving, home, office, bathroom, cooking..EVERYWHERE!! blue_music.gif

Now being on Revs since the past month, cannot fly without it..i thing being more stable and able to control it to the exact beat makes things different.

On some long lines 120' even if i fly alone, it will be some warm and soft Lounge Cafe del Mar, Buddha Bars, etc but this is rare

Shorter lines 50' where i fly everyday on a field near the office, it would be Armin Van Buuren podcasts and some Progressive trance music...kite is more responsive due to shorter lines and movements are more rapid and aggressive too.

Then when i fly on normal 85' lines, it will be reggae music..Roots Rock Reggae kid_smartass.gif Some S.O.J.A, Groundation, Israel Vibration..the good stuff

But i really appreciate Jazz and classic music but till now have not been able to fly with them