Hampshire Flying sites

Martvb60

Hi all where do all the Rev flyers in Hampshire gather, is there anywhere in particular? Personally i like Wittering beach(just in W. Sussex i know) but i dont see many Revs there, or perhaps i am there at wrong times. :P

Us southern Hampshire flyers stick to the coast where possible.... Wittering is right up there as a cool location, but personally I live between Southampton and Portsmouth so fly at Hill Head (5 Mins) or Stokes Bay (10 Mins).... any north in the breeze and some of the inland locations are better of which Butser Hill is my favourite .... But the 'Northerners' have some pretty good sites with epic views etc ... I'm just not that comfortable with being that far inland!

Of course the festival sites at Southsea and Lordshill (Southampton) are ok if your looking for company (dogs, kids, bikes etc etc)

What's your home field? .... we should organise a Hampshire meet up sometime as I think we are nearly into double figures!

What's your home field? .... we should organise a Hampshire meet up sometime as I think we are nearly into double figures!

Hi Jonesy i generally fly at wittering beach because i spend a lot of time there in the summer but when i am home i fly at Crabtree Plantation at Basingstoke just off M3. I have family at Gosport and Eastleigh and am until 6 years ago from Bishops Waltham. I now live near Odiham but if a meet was organised i dont mind travelling and i know Stokes Bay and Hill Head. Im not up to the standard of you guys tho if the Rev Clinic is anything to go by.

I now live near Odiham but if a meet was organised i dont mind travelling and i know Stokes Bay...

Hello Martvb60,

ah, home of King John's castle ;)

can't wait until they've finished restoring it so we can have a fly there (might be interesting on shortlines) :)

Jonesey looks like you seem to be chief 'organiser' for the county, now who's the Papa ? :kid_devlish:

Us southern Hampshire flyers stick to the coast where possible.... Wittering is right up there as a cool location, but personally I live between Southampton and Portsmouth so fly at Hill Head (5 Mins) or Stokes Bay (10 Mins).... any north in the breeze and some of the inland locations are better of which Butser Hill is my favourite .... But the 'Northerners' have some pretty good sites with epic views etc ... I'm just not that comfortable with being that far inland!

Of course the festival sites at Southsea and Lordshill (Southampton) are ok if your looking for company (dogs, kids, bikes etc etc)

My favourite local site is Lepe County park. Great views looking over to the Isle of Wight.

Looks a great site... are the trees an issue?

How about we organise a Hampshire meet up for the weekend of 27th or 28th or at some point mutually acceptable?? location to be discussed dependant on forecast !

PM me if your interested

Jonesey

How about we organise a Hampshire meet up for the weekend of 27th or 28th or at some point mutually acceptable?? location to be discussed dependant on forecast !

PM me if your interested

Jonesey

I have PMd you and i think its a great idea. The more the merrier. :blue_wink:

I have PMd you and i think its a great idea. The more the merrier. :blue_wink:

Sounds like we have a plan ... haven't heard from Sailor or HippyChippy yet but they will have plenty of time to get acquainted this weekend on their camping trip to Margate.. Haven't had the heart to tell HippyChippy that Sailors favourite movie is Brokeback mountain but I guess his purple cowboy boots and pink shirt will be evidence enough ;)

Any preferences for venue let me know (stokes bay has my vote .... selfishly!)

Purple boots, pink shirt and man friendly? I truly HATE to say it. But someone flying a gold kite wearing purple boots and a pink shirt while flirting with ya all, (Choccy excluded this time) might be funny. Skip the cuddling shots but get some pics of the day.

Dean

PM me if your interested

Jonesey

27th is best for me. Lepe is nice and windy, it is on low cliff top, do need to avoid trees at one end of the field. Car parking chgarge but toilets and a cafe.

Danebury would also be good for me, favourite sledging venue when there is snow around.

Cheers

Mike

@ Martv and other Hampshire flyer cohorts:

Just had a delightful stroll along the canal and can report that

King John's castle has been tastefully restored..... :)

and it is conducive for some shortline flying inside the castle ruins :kid_content:

Hi Choccy glad to hear about the castle. How short a line and is it allowed?

:)

Not sure on either count, (but short would be very short I believe)

but I'm 'game' if nobody is in the vicinity and once I've practiced some more ;)

Hi Choccy yes id be up for that sometime but i have seen you fly with iQuad and i dont think you need any practice i thought you were very good its me that needs the practice to get up to your standard :blue_wink:

• 9 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi,i'm quite new to rev flying, I live in the Andover area (have been flying on the sports field at picket twenty, Andover). Just wondering if this thread is active. I am looking for some people to go flying with to pick up some tips and get rid of bad habits I may have picked up. Hopefully I will get a reply.