Your personal Best Moments/Memories of Portsmouth & Bristol

big bri

While everyone has had several more.I will have a few more.

4, Stone In Shoe Bobs FACE,after he finished flying , in the Mega Fly at Portsmouth.Shaking hands with everyone after and a the feeling of JOY,DEEP,DEEP JOY.

5,I shouldnt have due to the conditions,but what the hell. Flying mi Bazzer Union Jack at Bristol[what a rush] and Susan pointing out if i had Dropped the ball,everyone would have known it was me[sheer terror].A proper Gal that Mrs H.

6,Stephen Hoath,nuff said.

BRIAAN...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone

Well had a gr8 time at Bristol uk on the Saturday weather was awsome even if the wind was not. Really good meeting everyone and seeing all the teams there. Speaking to barresi and watching him demonstrate the use of a dog stake was the highlight for me. Well pleased. icon_cool.gif The enthusiasm of Joe Hadzicki the guy who invented the rev kite was very impressive. He spent the whole day teaching beginners the basics of flying revs. from 11am to 6pm. I clocked him at 5.30 teaching a young 10/11 year old lad the basics and joe was buzzing with enthusiasm. Even in 0-1mph wind speed. At the time, most festival goers were getting ready for the off as well. Hats off to this guy. amazing.

7,very near dying with nervous tension when Stephen asked me to fly in the grid between Felix and Hezz.My hands wouldnt stop shaking,awsome to fly in that company and hold my own without wetting myself.

8,realisng after over a week of first meeting them and chatting to a real kewl bloke and his Darling wife,on several occasions.That the real pleasant fella on the Harley D,,,TOM,,,was one of the DECS :blush::kid_happy: .What a Custard iam.

A God and Godess,thanks for your company btw and words of encouragement to our son.

9, Chatting with Gary,Woody,Sailor,Ben,and a few others early Sunday Morning.Boys being boys and havin a lark about.Dropping Gary init with Ben,blowing him up for calling Bens kite PINK.Bens reaction and Woodys laughter along with Garys .Fab company.That made me feel a little less sad that i was off home.Quite Immotional realy

BRIAN...

Last 3

10,Stevie D,flying two kites at once better than most folk fly one.He cant be wired up reet that fella.Awsome sight and a real nice guy .Crazy.

11,I QUAD,JBs iquad,

12,The realisation that the bar has been raised and a new standard has been set.That could sway the balance of kite flying as we have come to know it.Certainly from a spectators point and as crowd pleaser .Never has anything been scene on this scale acheived in our country and it will be forever a proud boast to be able to say,we were ther.

.Bravo everyone.

BRIAN...

Wow, thats going to be tough for me to come up with as so many things during the 12 days were fantastic.

However, 1 comes to mind.

After finding pictures of The Decorators in 1996 or so, and having wanted to see them fly in person ever since, actually having the chance to not only watch them but FLY with them was simply a huge highlight for me.

I'll come up with a good list because, there was lots of really great things that happened.

Hanging out and flying with all the rev teams.

Hanging out and flying with the folks from this forum.

Pulling off the 10-kite blender at the clinic.

Sharing the joy with new fliers at the clinic.

Titchfield with the Jones family.

This cool drawing of me flying over a castle, drawn by Molly:

post-14-1220389077_thumb.jpg

I can't wait to go back and do it again!

This cool drawing of me flying over a castle, drawn by Molly:

again!

I hope you've got that stuck on your fridge.... she has a spooky way of knowing when they find their way into the bin!

I would say your welcome back anytime but I think The Jones Girls have a soft spot for you so I'll have to give it some thought ;)

My first, like every body : The megateam in Portsmouth.

My second : Meeting Iquad. There are very good guys.

My third : My travel to go to Portsmouth. I haved got a not valide identity card to take the plane. In 6 hours, i make a new passeport, find a plane to London, find a train to Portsmouth and take a taxi to the field. I arrived in a pub to takes somes beers with all my friends and meeting all the Iqud team at 21h30......

My fourth (please ....) : My respect to Stephen Hoath. It could make conceal 46 large mouths.

What a great couple of weekends, it was really good to meet everyone and share a lemonade or two.

I think it’s no great secret what my #1 pick would be though a close run second would be Monday morning. I was jamming a bit with some of The Flying Squad, nothing unusual for me they are all mates but before long we were joined by Too Much Fun and then Flick, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I think I have already said elsewhere I reckon I acquired a years experience in those three days at Portsmouth.

As for Bristol, well strangely enough my abiding memory is not really kite related, it was a very private moment in a very public place, a truly moving experience that I suspect will stay with me for a very long time.

As for Bristol, well strangely enough my abiding memory is not really kite related, it was a very private moment in a very public place, a truly moving experience that I suspect will stay with me for a very long time.

Let me guess Bob, it's when we gatecrashed the camp site on Saturday night, woke you up and then you yelled "I can't find me cacks!!" :blushing:

Hezz

Let me guess Bob, it's when we gatecrashed the camp site on Saturday night, woke you up and then you yelled "I can't find me cacks!!" :blushing:

Hezz

Sorry Hezz, no, far more meaningful than a lost pair of trousers and being turned out of bed by a beautiful woman. Though I must admit your reminder has made me smile.

Well like everyone I would say I had many more than 3 special moments during our Portsmouth/Bristol trip. However, let me pull out 3 that were great:

1. Getting to fly with FLIC and the Crazy Drivers again. It has been so long since we have seen them.
  2. Being a part of the 47 mega fly in Portsmouth. It was an incredible sight.
  3. Just getting to meet up with so many old friends again and making new ones. It was truely special.

The whole trip was so enjoyable for us and we want to thank everyone who made it so. Meeting teams like Bolau, Time Out, etc was wonderful.

Best wishes to all.

Mark

Team Too Much Fun

Sorry Hezz, no, far more meaningful than a lost pair of trousers and being turned out of bed by a beautiful woman. Though I must admit your reminder has made me smile.

So ...are you going to tell us or will I have beat it out of you tomorrow ? ( Bob without trousers isn't a pretty sight ...but you should have seen the size of his.............................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................... tent )

So ...are you going to tell us or will I have beat it out of you tomorrow ?

I refer you to my earlier statement.

.................................... it was a very private moment .....................................
( Bob without trousers isn't a pretty sight ...but you should have seen the size of his.............................................................................

................................................................................

.................................................... tent )

Built for comfort not for speed. ;)

beat it out
I refer you to my earlier statement.

it was a very private moment .....................................

( Bob without trousers )
Built for comfort not for speed. ;)

Uh .... nooooo .... you didn't .... not in the bushes!!! .... :blink:

Oh. Bob. :kid_devlish:

Hezz

Thought it would be a nice thing to read everyones take in the Events,

Here are my three from A MILLION.

1,Watching Ben wander around flying without a care in the world.Over any and all barriers and off weeving his way through the SLK arena at Portsmouth,makeing new freinds and just being Ben.KEWL.

2,The mega flys,simply awsome.

3,watching Ben Lomas and Dan Hoath play at Portsmouth,.Makes the world not such a mad one afterall.

Thers so,so many great ones,

BRIAN...

A great thread Big Bri

For me the best moments

1, Watching Joe with utter dedication passing on his knowledge to so many, hour after hour. The sales he generated at both shows must have been many. I witnessed Joe signing 5 new Rev sales in the few times of passing at Portsmouth and Bristol.

I will do my best to show newcomers his teaching method. It works every time, with old and young.

2, The iQuad show on the Sunday afternoon at Porstmouth. A beautiful Show. And the Mega Fly.

3, Stephen Hoath. What an example to us all.

4, Meeting many new friends, and old.

And the not so good moments.... Standing around for 2 days learning - not much! Flying in a very narrow space! But the company was great!

Ian

Good to see ya again Ian.How i missed ya Portsmouth i will never know.I missed Bruce aswell.

I had the pleasure of a few none flying days at both festivals.Went off sight seeing.

PORTSMOUTH,

what a place for a good long walk along the shore.Thers so much History and things to do and see.Thanks to Woody for the tip.A great day out for all and didnt cost me a Penny,,,,

Until,

I Got stuck in the Oakley shop on the way back on gun wharf and did my brains in on T shirts,sandals and a Hoodie.That was it,i got fleeced by the Kids and the Mrs.

BRIAN...