Your personal Best Moments/Memories of Portsmouth & Bristol

big bri

Thought it would be a nice thing to read everyones take in the Events,

Here are my three from A MILLION.

1,Watching Ben wander around flying without a care in the world.Over any and all barriers and off weeving his way through the SLK arena at Portsmouth,makeing new freinds and just being Ben.KEWL.

2,The mega flys,simply awsome.

3,watching Ben Lomas and Dan Hoath play at Portsmouth,.Makes the world not such a mad one afterall.

Thers so,so many great ones,

BRIAN...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Being part of the Dec's Bristol Sunday afternoon "performance". What a buzz this team flying stuff is when it all comes together!

2. The ooh's! and aaah's from the crowds during the mega team's bursts.

3. Meeting up with so many Revheads both weekends. Great fun and let's do it again soon.

1) The Portsmouth Mega fly when it all seemed to just click with minimal practice.

2) Kids flying their 'self made' kites at Bristol when all the 'real' kites were struggling to get of the ground!

3) Fraser's facial expressions when he told the story of how his lighter was stolen during the Bristol party - LOL ;) I love that man's humour.

1. Skipping with Sailor during the Clinic blender ground practice - so funny

2. Flying the Portsmouth Megafly - everyone was so chilled and happy as well as working hard - such an inclusive event

3. Meeting Ben & iQuad

1. Portsmouth: all 5 days worth!!!!! (being with friends). Mega-fly/clinic: smiles all festival....... making the smiley figure at the end of the rev clinic :D

2. meeting/flying/chilling/watching with Ben and iQuad dudes

3. Force 3 quad stick practice and trying/flying new team ideas + t-shirts @ Bristol ;)

There's been a lot in the last week or so! But I think mine would have to be

1) Meeting & being taught by iQuad - such a chilled bunch of guys

2) Realising at some point on the Monday afternoon that I was improving! Inverted hover still needs lots of work, but side slide & reverse really coming on!

3) Watching the Mega-Fly (whilst at the same time feeling a little envy for just watching...)

Ant

It is hard to distill the great memories, but here's my attempt:

1) Meeting Joe Hadzicki (who started it all), iQuad (pushing the envelope in precision) and *all* you wonderful people (putting faces to forum names - might even get to talk to y'all next time!);

2) Team flying introduction led by Bazzer with my wife and Jade;

3) Watching the Portsmouth Mega-Fly (Sunday) - awesome performance!

Oh, and thanks to everyone for not breaking the record this time - you've given us a bit more time to work on our Rev flying to see if we can be ready for the next attempt! :kid_smartass:

1) Meeting Joe, Ben, Iquad, and ofc al the other rev fly'ers

2) Flying in the Portsmounth and Bristol Mega Fly - I was scarred as hell but my purple stayed up where it needed to be :)

3) Flying with my wife and al the others we teamed up with at serveal occasions.

1. The Look of realisation on Sailors and My faces when we took the iQuad boys for Fish and Chips at the beach and a 'quick practice' on the Thursday before Portsmouth ... they really are that good!

2. The Mega fly's .... daring to sneak a look at the '20', trying not to scratch my nose, being surrounded by nervous, grinning people, the sound of the 'oooh' from the crowd on the big burst, the buzz from having been part of it

3. Ben and Jo working the public .... awesome

4. putting faces to names ..... not always a good thing but great to finally meet some of you cyber-mates

5. Steve de Rooy's extreme professionalism performing a full iQuad routine on the Tuesday of the clinic while being more then a 100 yards from the nearest toilet (Sorry Steve that English Cusine for you!) ...

6. My 7 year old daughter telling one of the spectators at Bristol that Mike Kory had slept in her bed ... Nice one Molly .. hurried explanations were required!

7. Our 10 kite Blender epic at the clinic ... cant believe Mike had the patience to guide us through it .. cheers mate!

8. The welcome to England call from a car of local 'lads' that iQuad receieved in Portsmouth .. in joke, but suffice to say it was a colourful comment on the practice of kite ballet as seen from the perspective of our admirable youth culture...

9. Stephen Hoath ..... say no more ..... Legend ... even Mrs Jones thinks he's a top bloke!

10. iQuad ... they came, they performed, they filled the pavement outside my house with fag butts... welcome back anytime!

For me it was

1 Seeing my wife's face when she took to the sky's under control

2 Meeting and flying with most of you at somepoint over the weekend

3 The Blenderand groundwork at the end awsome fun

I Quad, Decs, Flying Squad, etc It goes without saying it was a pleasure to meet you all, without you lot we wouldn't be doing what we are.

THANKYOU!!!!!!!

1. Flying the 47 at Portsmouth and the moments before the wipeout of the 50+ at Bristol! Hearing the crowd ooh and ahh made me smile so much!

2. Performing Hindi Diamonds to a huge crowd and hitting it spot on! YAY!

3. Pie, Mash & Gravy at Pieminister :-D

Hezz

5. Steve de Rooy's extreme professionalism performing a full iQuad routine on the Tuesday of the clinic while being more then a 100 yards from the nearest...

7. Our 10 kite Blender epic at the clinic ... cant believe Mike had the patience to guide us through it .. cheers mate!

That epic performance ran for a full half hour!!!!!!

Ditto that blender! :blue_wink:

As lots of you are getting more than 3, here are a few more from me,

Watching the painful tries at the "Big Blender" Portsmouth, then the intricate dance, and the wOw we did it cheers, hopefully caught on film by me with Jay's camera. Thanks Jay, made me feel part of it. Hope at least some of it came out OK.

Carrying Ben's kite (I think it was actualy Jay's) to the arena for one of the Megaflys at Portsmouth, made me feel like I was actually helping as ground crew.

Watching a young kite flier who was waiting to go into the arena after a Mega, at the instigation of one of his older friends go ask one of the Photographers if they were supposed to be in the arena as they had no wrist band!! Cuz they were getting in the way. Put a big smile on my face anyway.

Offering to hold Monkeys handles for him while he sorted something out, and the quiet comment form him "Do you want to fly it" DID I, for just that few moments I felt on top of the World.

Mainly for the way that there was no "I" to the whole Portsmouth / Bristol events, just a huge "US" from the youngest to the oldest, most experienced to the least.

Watching Jo give his lessons.

The hugs from iQuad as I said goodby.

The scrote who stole my lighter didn't look the type to put anything into an auction - he'd be more likely to be crawling around backstage pinching stuff off the table before it started. (Eventually, I shall find a pic somewhere and post and shame...)

PS It wasn't Felix! LOL