Masterpiece Series

podlasek

Hi All-

Here is a little story, bear with me...

There is a topic for the Thirteen Colonies Masterpiece kites and who has them, and in trying to verify which one I had, I started to melt down. It was no where to be found. I had purchased it when living in the 'old' house so it had to be moved. I remember hand carrying it as I wouldn't let a mere moving dude, touch it. New House, New Son, fast forward to a photo shoot at the local photo studio. Took a few Masterpiece Series to liven up the background of the photos with the Little Rev Flier. To my memory (and it ain't what it used to be obviously) that was the last time I saw it. I've been searching for the kite ever since the post started tallying their owners. I'd search a little and it wouldn't be there, etc. etc. :kid_brooding:

I think you are starting to get the point, not quite a melt down on where that !@#$$$%% kite was, did I lose it, did I leave it at a field, did I leave it at the studio, was it gone for good.... AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :kid_cussing:

So after I had my little 'episode', my lovely wife calls me at work yesterday (very long search) and says does it look like this and describes it perfectly. I still have it, weight off shoulders, world is good again.

But that got me thinking, these are works of art, no two are identical, and it's not like you can say, hey, I lost mine (or God forbid someone stole one) can I order a new one. We all hear about the missing bag, or stolen kites, one of these could be in it.

So we need a registry and what better place than here.

So I thought I'd start a topic for the complete list of All the Masterpiece Kites.

So here are the designers:

Scott Skinner - 5 Original Skinner

Jon Burkhardt - 5 Hopi

Ron Gibian - ## Rising Phoenix & ## Archi-rhythm

Jose Sainz - ## Stallion & ## Wings

Randy Tom - ## Lady in the Mask & ## Samurai Girl

Barry 'Bazzer' Poulter - ## Sizzle, ## Eyes, & ## Dragons

Eliot Shook - ## New, and different, how do we classify these new works of art?

American Series - Not a limited edition?

Thirteen Colonies - 13

##- Designates that I'm not sure on the edition size, so help out if you can.

If we keep this updated, if any show up anywhere with someone other than the rightful owner, we'll know where they should be living.

So who has them? Chime in with which one(s) you have and Maybe JB will pin this topic so we'll always know where they all are. :confused!:

I don't know if they are all numbered, but you can post the color scheme, and maybe a picture or two B)

I have a custom Bazzer that's a true one-off (he refused to make one for Ben...), as seen to the left of my posts.

It's not numbered, but then it doesn't really need to be.

Bazzer's also been building more sizzles and dragons, so I don't think the count on those will be constant (you could probably break the dragons into groups by background color, though)

I "lost" one of my kitebags with 7 or 8 kites in it, including 2 of my Rev IIs for nearly a year. Finally found it while looking for something else.

/sure sign of having too many kites. <_<

You can never have too many kites, geesh, everybody knows that :rolleyes:

I don't think the post is intended for one off customs but more for the actual masterpiece kites produced for/by Rev. I think it is a great idea.

So, then, what constitutes a Masterpiece? Is there a minimum number of kites that have to be built to qualify? How about Bazzer's Eagle/Twin Towers kite (a one-off, as far as I know) or his bunny (3 total)? Does it have to be listed on the revkites.com Masterpiece page? (Bazzer's bunny was never listed there, though it's my favorite of his revs). Is there a maximum number after which it's just a fancy production model? (e.g. the Sizzle)

I'm not trying to argue here, I'm just curious!

So, then, what constitutes a Masterpiece? Is there a minimum number of kites that have to be built to qualify? How about Bazzer's Eagle/Twin Towers kite (a one-off, as far as I know) or his bunny (3 total)? Does it have to be listed on the revkites.com Masterpiece page? (Bazzer's bunny was never listed there, though it's my favorite of his revs). Is there a maximum number after which it's just a fancy production model? (e.g. the Sizzle)

I think my original intent was the Revolution Masterpiece Series as coordinated and sold by Revolution. But, if you have a one off Rev, that is also a piece of Art, the idea was to 'Register' the kites so that if one were to stray from it's proper home, the Rev community could help it find it's way home.

So if you want to share a picture, I'm sure everyone would like to see it B)

BTW, I can see your personal pic now, don't know why I couldn't before.... hmmm

I am also curious? Is the 2oth aniversary edition included in this contex since only 250 were made?

Here is our list..

Thirteen Colonies # 4

Bazzer Dragon Red

Scarlott Red

I also consider these rare Revs

Neos Omegas Originals #11, # 12

20th Aniversary Edition Signed By iQuad only.

I always considered the original Masterpiece Collection the kites that Revolution actually sold through their Masterpiece Program. This is of course not to take away from the incredible masterpiece rev's that were made outside of that program. There is obviously some amazing talent and some beautiful productions that Rev wasn't able to include with their program and that doesn't take away from them at all.

As far as masterpiece Rev's go, this is what myself and my wife have:

2 Randy Tom Samurai (stacked)

2 Randy Tom Masqurade

1 Jose - Stallion

1 Gibian - Phoenix

1 Gibian - Archi-Rhythm

2 Bazzar - Eyes (original series)

2 Bazzar - Dragons (original series)

1 Revolution - 13 Colony Rev 1

2 Bazzar - Sizzle

1 Revolution - American Series

Kites that are not necessarily Masterpiece Collection:

1 Revolution custom - 6 artist Berkley Rev

1 Bazzar - 9-11 Rev

1 Bazzar - Dragons (recent series with diff background)

1 Revolution - Custom I-Quad B-series

1 Bazzar - I-Quad / Kitelife limited edition

1 I-Quad - signed SUL team kite

1 Bazzar - Kitelife Rev

2 Revolution - 20th Anniversary

1 Walden - Mickey & Minnie Mouse Rev II

1 Randy Tom - Single Face Nagel Rev 1

1 Randy Tom - Double Faced Nagel Rev 1

Might have a couple others, need to pull them all out and take a look.

Brad,

Unless you got Ben's 911 (which I think Ben mentioned something about being buried with it) then you must have 1 of 3. :) I didn't know any more of those were ever made.

I have Ben's 911 rev,which I got while playing in the sandbox and accidentally buried him up to his knees,then strutted away,singing,Do wa diddley,diddley dum diddley do....... :sign_kitelife:

• 3 weeks later...
I think my original intent was the Revolution Masterpiece Series as coordinated and sold by Revolution. But, if you have a one off Rev, that is also a piece of Art, the idea was to 'Register' the kites so that if one were to stray from it's proper home, the Rev community could help it find it's way home.

So if you want to share a picture, I'm sure everyone would like to see it B)

BTW, I can see your personal pic now, don't know why I couldn't before.... hmmm

Hello - I have (1) vented and (1) non-vented

20th Anniversary B-Series (WSIKF - Washington State International Kite Festival) (Limited Edition - only made 20 of each)

signed and dated by Lolly (I believe she made up the color scheme)........see Avatar and my pics in my gallery

I hope to get her brothers and JB to sign it as well. I would be devistated if they were ever lost/stolen.

Thanks for letting me document them here - Mike