1st Annual Jay, Mr Denny Birthday / Orlando / Florida fly in

hylander

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bob and I will be leaving shortly from Seminole, can't wait to see everyone again.....wooohooo!!!!!! Lets hope for good wind to go with good people.

Sorry to hear about the layoffs at your company Jeff, we are going through down sizing where I work also....we are losing 40 people at the end of December and already lost 50 at the end of October and ther are still more to come, so I feel your pain....so far so good for me.

We will see you all in about 2 hrs.

:w00t::rev_clockwork:

The morning turned out with winds around 5 mph and for those early birds turned out very nice for an hour or two. This only lasted until around noon when things died down to a flat 0 gusting to 1 or 2. I think if any pictures were taken they were of kites on the ground. When you could feel some wind on the face we would rush to the lines. I was funny to see 6 Revs in the air and then have the wind just STOP. Stars had her wind spinner up which shows direction and as I was fighting and losing my RevI (with a 2 wrap frame) to stay in the air I looked over to see if the wind shifted and it wasn't even moving. It was nice to see everyone again it was still a good day. I think we all agree it is time to hit the coast where winds are a bit more predictable.

I believe feb was mentioned for the next get together on the west coast. The weekend of 2/14 and 2/21 are no good for me due to work. Any of the other 2 weekends i'm open.

Not sure if this i allowed on forum if not mods please delete.

My couisin Tony who you all met is tryin to by into a used rev set up. Preferably 1.5.

handles/lines/kite

The new price is holding him back right now in todays economy. If anyone has one in decnt conditon please pm or e-m me.

Thanks

Jeff

That's a indoor minergy. I was glad to see everyone enjoying it. I flew Lito's the last time I was in Orlando with no wind and had so much fun flying it I figured I needed something for the times my Revs wouldn't fly, or should I say time I can't fly my Revs. It's fun to sit in a chair and do quad stuff on 1 mph wind. Don't get me wrong I was praying for enough wind to play with the big boys.

Awesome Kite Mr. Denny! That little guy rocks!

Well this is way off topic but the shuttle launch last night was absolutely beautiful . The moon was up and there was just enough cloud cover to make everything glow in the sky as the shuttle flew past the moon. I dont know if NASA planned it this way due to it being the last night shot of a shuttle but it was one beautiful gift. I hope there are some good photos of this.

seeeyaaaa

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...