niagra falls october 3-5

mbkite12

Hey everyone. I'm planning on going to the falls and was wondering who else is going to be there. Also, are there any good places to go for b solids up there. I met a guy at wildwood and got a couple vented b series which are great. If anyone who has gone before could enlighten us on the details that would be great.

I can't help you with kite stores but I can tell you it is a fun festival!

I went last year and got the classic picture flying at the falls (Terrapin Point I believe). Then on Saturday and Sunday the flying was at Resevoir Park.

I don't think I'll make it up there this year, I am going to the AKA convention in September and that's my next big event. Maybe next year though.

Make sure to go into Buffalo to the Anchor Bar and get some original Buffalo wings. Also, pick up some Ellicot Brewing Pale Ale (good stuff).

The IQUAD guys should be there, they are fun to hang out with.

-Alden

post-480-1217793312_thumb.jpg

We'll have a 6-man iQuad team at Niagara this year.

Great event, a rich mix of international kite people.

Flying at Terapin Point before the weekend is really rough (bad wind), but it's beautiful...

On Saturday and Sunday, we move to another, much larger field with better wind (TONS of room for everyone to fly).

Event web site - http://www.niagarakite.com

The Niagara Festival is a great festival.

Flying at Terrapin Point can be tricky but it is an amazing park next to the falls and to get a kite up for even a few minutes is a real thrill. Kiteflying is not permitted there except for the 2 days of the festival. Great photo ops!

The last 2 days at Resevoir Park is excellent! You get to see exquisite single line kites from all over the world, quad and dualine teams flying all at the same time. The field is huge and you can always find a place for to fly (as long as you are registered $10 per person!) Check out their website http://www.niagarakite.com

I've been to events all over the world and this is a don't miss!

Sue

High Flyers