Slight wear on my 1.5 at spar wrinkles

genesant

Question

My first Rev 1.5 has worn through the fabric in half a dozen spots. It happens at the wrinkles where the fabric rubs on the vertical spars. The holes look like little horizontal slits about half an inch long. The kite has been flown a lot for 1 year. Do I need to do anything or will the slits just act as mini vents and not keep lenghthening?

2 answers to this question

Two things I would do.....

Put a small piece of clear repair tape on the back of the sail over the holes.

Tighten up the lower bungies a little to remove the wrinkles.

I try to keep our sails tight enough that there no wrinkles. Not always easy.

My first Rev 1.5 has worn through the fabric in half a dozen spots. It happens at the wrinkles where the fabric rubs on the vertical spars. The holes look like little horizontal slits about half an inch long. The kite has been flown a lot for 1 year. Do I need to do anything or will the slits just act as mini vents and not keep lenghthening?

I had the same problem with my 1.5 SLE that is Red White and Blue. The only fabric to get the holes was the red. When you compare it to the other fabric it seems more sheer. I put Tedlar Tape on the hole and that has stablized the problem. I asked REV about it and they said I was flying in too high winds??? Well anyway I love my RWB Rev and now that I have a Vent I don't fly my standard in winds over 10 mph.