Progressive power stack

On hol's in Southern France so no broadband etc but managed to sneak out to a local town with 3G coverage to file this report!!!

Spent yesterday setting up a test stack of my 2~4, Blast and Shockwave.... not much room to fly where I am (they stuck a pool right in the middle of the flying field!) .. managed a little airtime on short lines ... enough to prove the concept..... will continue testing on return to civilisation...

Jonesey

post-2056-1216724529_thumb.jpg

post-2056-1216724621_thumb.jpg

post-2056-1216724676_thumb.jpg

post-2056-1216724714_thumb.jpg

I've done that with a Sonic, Shockwave and Blast it seemed to be a little bit more fun that way.

Course a speed stack with all sonic's and shockwaves in light wind 5-7 is amazing as well :kid_smartass:

Interesting Bazzer Eyes ya got there as well, I think I need to move to the UK and work with you or Brian you 2 accumulate kites rather quickly :kid_devlish:

• Like 1

So how warm is the pool?

Pool is a little 'scrotum tightening' at first but perfect once your in!! ... Middle of nowhere so frustrating from a coms point of view (using a small cafe's wifi currently to check in)...

Have a large paddock/meadow/field as part of the property but grass/thistles/weeds too high for kite lines... any advice??

so as I have a little time on my hands and room to have all my kites laid out ready to go (should the bloody wind ever arrive)... are we saying I should add my supersonics to the front of the stack??

By the way reference the pulling round the pool ... Mrs J was busy tanning bits that don't normally see the sun so had she even noticed I had the camera out I would not be worrying about pulling anything!!

Have a large paddock/meadow/field as part of the property but grass/thistles/weeds too high for kite lines... any advice??
Substitute copious quantities of wine for kites. You will forget all about your disappointment. Will also assist with the pain from the cosmetic surgery you refer to above, but which uses words I can't bring myself to utter!

My little mind was going way to fast after reading this thread after my question of how warm was the pool. :kid_devlish:

I'm so tarded some times I can't help but smile. :D

Well, if you weren't on holiday (I must have missed that somewhere) I would suggest a little midnight burn to clear the field of the line snagging obsticles.

As for getting in trouble if caught with the camera while she was, well you know, the pool suddenly becomes your friend. ;)

Scrotum tightening water causes shrinkage as us men know. Between the sucked up feeling and the actual shrinkage the hope is that it takes so looong to find what at that moment is going to be snipped that eventually the surgen will maybe give up in either frustration or cause it might be funny at the time. But thats another joke and I'm sure I've strayed off into un-understanding land again. :blushing:

Dean :kid_devlish:

With the pull of stacked Revs my arms felt literally longer. Like touching my knees without bending over kinda long. Hmmmm, I wonder if this could stop the whole man compinsating for COUGH, COUGH. Feel me? :kid_devlish:

Not literally anyway, (feel me?) as I'm still thinking about the whole pullin' thing and if it would work.

Dean :kid_content:

I'll reach out and touch someone if it does. Who wants to be first?

You know I'm kidding, no panty bunching. LOL, it don't work. If it did we'd all pretty much have to wear 3 legged pants. :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

more pics of my first attempt here http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?au...m&album=154

got a bit of video too but am making some proper staking lines + adding pig tails to each kite for easy setup etc... so will update on progress when Ive tested it all a bit more in decent breeze (no more then 5 knots!!) .....

Oh and I have now axeled my progressive stack successfully (with witnesses!) after several "accidental" attempts ... looks really cool when all three kites are floating ... and even better when they snap back into order ... not so good when they swap places :lol:

Last night I finally got around to looking through some of my vids from the Jolly Up.

Jonesey does indeed axel his progressive stack...

will try to get a short edit done sometime soon as proof

amazing stuff Jonesey

:clap;

And we so have to have a go at a toss and catch of a stack, well toss maybe...... Over to you Jonesey.

Back in '92-'93, I used to catch and throw a progressive stack of Rev I and II (this was before the 1.5 was introduced). The throw was pretty easy -- just stack up the kites with the II pushed to the edge of the I and do a normal toss. The catch was a lot trickier, but definitely possible with two kites. I'm not sure I would have tried catching 3, though.

Back in '92-'93, I used to catch and throw a progressive stack of Rev I and II (this was before the 1.5 was introduced). The throw was pretty easy -- just stack up the kites with the II pushed to the edge of the I and do a normal toss. The catch was a lot trickier, but definitely possible with two kites. I'm not sure I would have tried catching 3, though.

That would be worth seeing..... what length lines?

That would be worth seeing..... what length lines?

I learned to catch/throw a Rev I in mid-91 on 100' lines, 'cuz that's pretty much what you flew on in that era.

But by sometime in '92 I was generally flying 30' to 60' lines. I referenced catching/throwing a progressive stack in a rec.kites post I made in September of '92 about how to fly 3-D.

Looks pretty, but how does it pull and what winds? Low and high wind.

Maybe I'll try and talk Ben into a progressive stack like yours when I can afford it.

Dean

have only had one flight on short lines and in low winds so far but fingers crossed I will get a chance tomorrow PM (bit windy tonight)... pretty sure it will pull like a truck if all 3 kites 'locks in' .. got a little feel for it on my first flight and was surprised how well it responded ... power was definitely 'available' but controllable just like the individual kites..... all kites now have pigtails and have made new stacking lines so can rig up 'relatively' quick going to use my 200lb lines and PB handles and hope for about 8-10 knots .... stay tuned!