new rev project

antman

How about a revamped Rev I, with "B" tweaks built in?

I imagine it'd turn out to be one of the best SUL kites ever made.

Just an idea, getting a reading from y'all. ;)

In Sydney now, on my way back from Red Bull... Home in roughly 24 hours.

I've actually considered asking Lolly about that, Maybe in a midvent :kid_smartass:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sedgwick Series has no "tweaks" per se...

It's a Rev I with better panel layout (visually and aerodynamically), but the specs are effectively identical.

I'm not at liberty to discuss the tweaks I have in mind just now, but suffice it to say, performance would improve. ;)

ahh now i see, i never really understood the difference between a b series and a sedgwick.

The rev I would look pretty good in a B layout.

then after a rev I b-series rev could make a signature rev II...just a thought though

i would definitely order a rev I b series- might have to think of a different name for it or people might get confused when u say "i flew the b-series today"

Hi all,

After the first day of decent wind in ages, I'm weary after 5 hours of flying revs today - I just love the feeling.

I started with an hour on the mini rev, an then with great reluctance went over to the 1.5. The mini rev is just so much fun, pretty much indestructible. I was flying on standard handles and 50 ft 90 kg lines, far from perfect, but the baby handled it fine, Wind varied from 7kph to about 25 kph - again no problem.

The cost if I had to but the goods would be less than R100.00 (aprox $10 US) without lines, or handles.

The price of a Rev 1.5 SLE before the financial problems was over $3 000.00. Now unless you can get second hand, they are totaly unobtainable.

There is no way that I'm going to get a new flier to start with a 1.5 - but if there was a baby rev, that should be quite different.

Rev is really needing a fun, stater kite for the new flier.After the amount of fun that I had today, this is it.

Now that I have played with the plastic bag, I'm doing a 4 ft rip-stop version. I think 4 ft should be just right - as it can go in most cars with a one piece leading edge. If it works I want at least three more, as trainers and as a train (stack).

Oooh I think fun is on the way :D

Thanks

Rob

Rob, Chuck3's brother flies a 4 foot rev indoors and no wind days. it flies pretty well for what it is. I think the size si great once you get it tweaked right, then its nothing but fun

I was flying it the other day in winds going up 35 kph, and I would be happy with it is much stronger winds - so they seem to do it all :)

• 2 weeks later...
Ben has it posted several places on this forum so I'm sure he will not mind. beachbeach13 at yahoo.com

Many thanks.

He has already replied and I have sent him my question, and it seems that he is the right person for this.

I can't complain about response time :)

Rob.