new rev project

antman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need a major trumper development Jonesey. Get those needles ready. Could be a project for this weekend ;). And if super venteds produce giggle fits its another good reason to do one. I'll have a pint of what aerochic is on! :)

4. A Kids rev .. rev with stabilisers ..'My first rev'

5. A super vented ... or anything I could fly in this ridiculous English summer weather.

4. you should have seen Stephen's son flying the 1.5 standard.

poor thing nearly took off into the forest when a gust kicked in at Sunderland festival.

5. a big guy such as yourself who's got a love affair with power kites surely doesn't need a super vented...

but the more you request the more likely ppl like myself will end up with one,

and I do still need it. why should i sit it out when you guys can still fly ?!

i think when Ben has actually met me he will understand my concerns and start getting some superventeds made ;)

(I'll also have 1/2 pint of what aerochic is havin') :lol:

• 2 months later...
Not sure about this one. The B series panel lay out is, I understand, mainly to increase precision. This would seem to me to be a bit wasted on a non-precision kite like the II.

For me, I would like to see everything stay the same. I am concerned if a new set of graphics came out some of my friends (for which you can read Jonesey ;) ) would not be able to control themselves! However, were there to be a new graphic, I would love to see a curve in there somewhere rather than just straight lines.

I do not know why the Rev II has such a bad reputation for precision, all that's needed are shorter movements. I can fly my II as well as my 1.5 B. Maybe I am not good enough or precise enough to tell the difference, but to me it is just faster.

I don't disagree Kitezen, its just a question of emphasis. For me the II is more about fast and really good fun rather than precision. Where as a I is total precision and the 1.5 somewhere between. Its a bit like dancing IMHO - a really good samba dancer is all about fun and passion (II), a ball room dancer is all about precision (I) and a ballet dancer precision with total passion. My point was not meant to belittle IIs but to make a point about precision.

Actually the parallel breaks down with ballet - I am afraid not even the best kite flier I have ever seen could hope to even approach Ballet Russe, Fokine or Fontyne in terms of drop dead, hair on end, tear in eye beauty. Flame suit on!

• 4 weeks later...

hydra i dont think your the only one that would like to see a 3 foot rev. If i remember correctly Choccy doesn't like alot of pull so she might like it as well. it would do well over in England where summer winds are fast as anything. It would definitely be a high wind kite though.

On a side note: Chuck (chuck3)'s brother made a 40 inch rev that he planned on indoor/light wind flying with if i recall the conversation with him at the cabin right. S.U.L R/C plane carbon.

i would love seeing a 3 foot rev for high wind. could even make a vented model :lol:

hydra i dont think your the only one that would like to see a 3 foot rev. If i remember correctly Choccy doesn't like alot of pull so she might like it as well. it would do well over in England where summer winds are fast as anything. It would definitely be a high wind kite though.

On a side note: Chuck (chuck3)'s brother made a 40 inch rev that he planned on indoor/light wind flying with if i recall the conversation with him at the cabin right. S.U.L R/C plane carbon.

i would love seeing a 3 foot rev for high wind. could even make a vented model :lol:

I made ten 82cm REVs back in 1995 when I lived in Germany. They all flew great! The first five had individual bridles. The last five were built as a train. They were all given away and now reside in Austria, Germany, Holland(the train) and Switzerland.

They are a bit twitchy and need very short handles of about palms width.

post-41-1225341379_thumb.png

awww thanx for remembering ;)

It's good to see other flyers appreciating the funsized revs too.

I have yet to try any funsized vented versions,

they must be sweet smooth fast fun :blue-love:

Indeed she can fly a bigun, although it is also true that I have seen Choccy disappearing down a field at a great rate of knots behind a rev II! Even Groz has been known to stagger forwards a bit when bluey gives a sudden pull, although I am not sure that a 1.5 has ever got my 16 stones off balance ;)

baby REVs are so much fun, they can be created to fly in zero wind or taken out when the coast guard refuses to even leave the port!

Harold Ames (KiteSquid) created a few stacks back in 2000. They were made as a no-sew sails around a 42 inch Skyshark 2P spine. To reinforce 'em for higher winds you simply inserted a point 125 tube inside the Skyshark frame leading edge.

They also featured a system of train lines that floated independently, attached directly to the bridle as opposed to the frame's end-caps on each kite.

You can slowly walk a 360 with 'em inverted on 100 foot lines.

The control motion of your handles is only the width of your thumbs. As sensitive as they are they are not difficult to fly, but you can see your heartbeat in the lines and you have to remember to breath <LOL>

He spread them around amongst a few friends on a long term, non-refundable deposit to cover his material costs. We try to fly a few stacks together as a team several times a year. Nobody has more fun than the pilots!

In a big wind they become bumblebees on amphetamine, imagine a couple of dozen wraps in less than a second. You can also fly them when it's calm as a slow graceful example of your pilot skills.

John Barresi pronounced them as the finest flying babies he's ever handled when he flew 'em last year at the Wildwood Rev seminar sponsored by Brad Weiner.

KiteSquid made the template out of 1/2 inch thick aluminum stock when he was in the Navy's Service. WOW spent the whole summer testing and perfecting 'em. I guess I should pull them out again and see exactly what they need to be pristine all over again. I'm sure the oh-rings have all failed and should be replaced with bungie (more damn knots?!)

post-92-1225363576_thumb.jpg

My brother revolution is 48 inches.....its been test flowned and were still experimenting......

next is a 60" Revolution That my brother wants to make vented...

baby REVs are so much fun, they can be created to fly in zero wind or taken out when the coast guard refuses to even leave the port!

Harold Ames (KiteSquid) created a few stacks back in 2000. They were made as a no-sew sails around a 42 inch Skyshark 2P spine. To reinforce 'em for higher winds you simply inserted a point 125 tube inside the Skyshark frame leading edge.

They also featured a system of train lines that floated independently, attached directly to the bridle as opposed to the frame's end-caps on each kite.

You can slowly walk a 360 with 'em inverted on 100 foot lines.

The control motion of your handles is only the width of your thumbs. As sensitive as they are they are not difficult to fly, but you can see your heartbeat in the lines and you have to remember to breath <LOL>

He spread them around amongst a few friends on a long term, non-refundable deposit to cover his material costs. We try to fly a few stacks together as a team several times a year. Nobody has more fun than the pilots!

In a big wind they become bumblebees on amphetamine, imagine a couple of dozen wraps in less than a second. You can also fly them when it's calm as a slow graceful example of your pilot skills.

John Barresi pronounced them as the finest flying babies he's ever handled when he flew 'em last year at the Wildwood Rev seminar sponsored by Brad Weiner.

KiteSquid made the template out of 1/2 inch thick aluminum stock when he was in the Navy's Service. WOW spent the whole summer testing and perfecting 'em. I guess I should pull them out again and see exactly what they need to be pristine all over again. I'm sure the oh-rings have all failed and should be replaced with bungie (more damn knots?!)

*squeals*.. wow.. that's a sweet stack.

Oh don't let her fool you 1 bit.

Here's proof she can handle a kite and a 5.5 to boot :kid_devlish:

It was a fluke, honest, lasted all of 1 minute ;)

S.> 16 stone *ahem*

I think you'll find the 24th May was the day we were *all* dragged up the hill by the gusts!

Major jumping over the revbags trick!

That was the only time we gave up and retreated to the pub to work on the theory (who says we take things way too seriously?) *hic* :o

(always let go of the kite) :lol:

nice stack guys.... has anyone done a monochrome solid sail gradation stack I wonder ?

still looking out for some really deep purple (not magenta) ripstock to make a rev II to stack with Little Red :kid_content:

It was a fluke, honest, lasted all of 1 minute ;)

S.> 16 stone *ahem*

I think you'll find the 24th May was the day we were *all* dragged up the hill by the gusts!

Major jumping over the revbags trick!

That was the only time we gave up and retreated to the pub to work on the theory (who says we take things way too seriously?) *hic* :o

(always let go of the kite) :lol:

nice stack guys.... has anyone done a monochrome solid sail gradation stack I wonder ?

still looking out for some really deep purple (not magenta) ripstock to make a rev II to stack with Little Red :kid_content:

Give Martin Lester a call. He might be able to lead you in the right direction.

We are having nasty weather for the last while, and as I was getting desperate to fly, then I read hear about mini revs.

I took old single spars, packing tape, odds and ends, and scrap plastic sheeting. Half an hour later I have a mini "rev".

Please take no notice of the looks (if that is what it is :confused!: ) I just wanted to see if it could work.

I flew it this afternoon (on 15 meter lines) in a wind gusting from zero to 35 kph. This was major fun. If I make small handles (I was using standard rev handles) I think it will fly pretty well, even so it is a looooong time since I laughed so much just from the fun I was having. These are a must have :)

No I want to get some more made up so that I can at last get some one to fly with. Anyone who flies one of these is going to end up with a rev.

Thank

Rob

post-2303-1225719575_thumb.jpg

How about a revamped Rev I, with "B" tweaks built in?

I imagine it'd turn out to be one of the best SUL kites ever made.

Just an idea, getting a reading from y'all. ;)

In Sydney now, on my way back from Red Bull... Home in roughly 24 hours.

Mmmm, a Mid-Vented B-Series Rev I with Race Rods... :blue-love:

The Sedgwick Series has no "tweaks" per se...

It's a Rev I with better panel layout (visually and aerodynamically), but the specs are effectively identical.

I'm not at liberty to discuss the tweaks I have in mind just now, but suffice it to say, performance would improve. ;)