new rev project

antman

well im happy to say i got my 20th anniversery in my bag now .. BIG THANKS TO LOLLY AND BEN AND THE BROTHERS JOE AND DAVE for getting this into my hands.. now on a diffrent note how many of you think that rev should do a dratchen foundation 1.5 kite as their next project .. makeing the colors the same as the shirts we all have..ive been thinking of this fora while and i have to tell it here first

post-87-1215268408_thumb.jpg

pictured below is my new 20th and i loooooove it

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think it shows your dedication to the cause antman that you bought a 20th anniversay kite back in Jan 2005 .....

i did not buy this back then the camers i used was messed up due to the rain storm i got caugh in might have caused it i dont know but i can say that it was my most latest purchase

A new Rev project that I'd like to see is a B-Series Rev II.
Not sure about this one. The B series panel lay out is, I understand, mainly to increase precision. This would seem to me to be a bit wasted on a non-precision kite like the II.

For me, I would like to see everything stay the same. I am concerned if a new set of graphics came out some of my friends (for which you can read Jonesey ;) ) would not be able to control themselves! However, were there to be a new graphic, I would love to see a curve in there somewhere rather than just straight lines.

Not sure about this one. The B series panel lay out is, I understand, mainly to increase precision. This would seem to me to be a bit wasted on a non-precision kite like the II.

But it's OK to have precision on one side of a 20th Anniversary Rev and not the other? ;)

I was thinking that a little more precision wouldn't hurt the Rev II. I also prefer the B-Series graphics to the asymmetrical wedges or parallel stripes currently offered for the Rev II.

A B-Series Rev II would tie in better graphically with the rest of my stable too. :blue-music:

Guest groz
Don't get me going on my views on the 20th design. They are not totally positive and therefore I have kept them to a non rev sponsored forum.

You are right that it would visually tie in of course.

I thought the same until this weekend when I saw Mike's progressive 20th aniversary stack from a distance. I thought 'wow, nice stack, but what's that design'. It was only when it was close enough to see properly that I realised what it was. THis can mean one of 3 things: 1. That the fog was so thick I couldn't see 2. I need new glasses 3. They really do look great!

I think they do look good in the right weather e.g. heavy rain and a bit of mist, and certainly no sun ;)

Don't get me going on my views on the 20th design. They are not totally positive and therefore I have kept them to a non rev sponsored forum.

You are right that it would visually tie in of course.

I have to say,i was a little unsure about the 20yrs ans kite at first,but,its like that tune you hear and think,what the hell was that the first time it invaides your ears.Before the end of the week youve heard it 10 times.Your daughter knows the chorus.Then you start whistling it.

Truth is,it grows on you the more ya see the kite.The stack was nice at sunderland.It flew realy well.

My new rev project...3 VENTS PER SIDE,,,Its the way to go

BRIAN...

I'd like to see a kite that comes pre-trained, or pre-loaded with skills .. like the ones in the video's and DVD's.... surely its time they started selling those to the general public rather then just making them for iQuad and the like??

If not that then how about ....

1. A vented 2~4

2. A 'team flying' edition (B with knot less end caps, special handles, race frame, custom colours, packs of 4, team flying DVD etc etc)

3. A bigger/better Rev bag !!

4. A Kids rev .. rev with stabilisers ..'My first rev'

5. A super vented ... or anything I could fly in this ridiculous English summer weather.

To think the current patterns are NEW for 2007 and your already calling for new graphics ?

I'm not 100% but I believe this is the first change in like 4-5 years 1 thing I do like is they are now making rev II's regular as they used to just make them at the end of a run and very limited and the fact they now come in the same patterns as the 1.5 is sweet.

Patterns usually stay around for a few years before they switch, you guys will have the sewing crew in shambles driving prices sky high if that were the case.