Brenton Point Mega REV's

Scott Weider

Hi All,

The holiday weekend 4th, 5th, 6th and the Newport Non event ( July 12 and 13th) will host all your Rev needs right here in the little state of Rhode Island. Scott Weider, Through, Kitt Kites, will be all Revved Up!

We will have many Rev kites and lines for sale ON the field at Brenton Point with lessons if needed, So come on over to join in the Mega flies that will be happening all day on the 4th weekend and the 12th and 13th weekend.

Looking forward to seeing a great turnout of Rev flyers back at the point! :)

Hello...

I'm looking into getting there, sounds like a good time... then again, when is Revving not a good time :kid_smartass: ...

So bummed I won't be able to make it. Brenton Point has to be one of my fave places to fly. The views are spectacular, the people you get to fly with there are some of the nicest people anywhere and oh yeah, that steady 12 SSW aint so bad either.

Have a great time if you go!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Scotty,

Hopefully my bride and I can make it on the 4th or the 5th. We are definitely there on the 12th and 13th.

Doug :blue_wink:

Looking forward to seeing You Doug!,

I have Rev's in stock so I am having a REV DRIVE spread the word. I will have REv's on the field. All Month. It looks like we will have an indoor fly at the clay center on the sat night of the AUG Boston event! I have to confirm but it looks good ,Talk soon!

Another Rev Day at The Wood? in Oct. my birthday's in Oct. .....Sounds like a plain.....

Newport Rev day? That sounds like a plain....Hello Sea View......Boy those rooms aren't cheap.......

BTW

You know what will not be televised

iSmith

UPDATE:

The weather on the 4th weekend was not so great, but It looks like the 12th and 13th, (THIS WEEKEND) will be awesome with steady prevailing Southwest winds, Perfect for the point, and the spot to get your new REVolution Products from Scott Weider/ through KITT KITES, and, fly some team/ MEGA with at least 8 to 10 flyers already confirmed at the official non event, so plenty of time for all those who usually work, to just FLY all weekend.

FOR ALL YOU REV NEEDS, SEE you at Brenton Point, get there early, as parking will be tight!

UPDATE:

The weather on the 4th weekend was not so great, but It looks like the 12th and 13th, (THIS WEEKEND) will be awesome with steady prevailing Southwest winds, Perfect for the point, and the spot to get your new REVolution Products from Scott Weider/ through KITT KITES, and, fly some team/ MEGA with at least 8 to 10 flyers already confirmed at the official non event, so plenty of time for all those who usually work, to just FLY all weekend.

FOR ALL YOU REV NEEDS, SEE you at Brenton Point, get there early, as parking will be tight!

Road trip..........I'm There

iSmith

Great weather, AWESOME location, and impromtoo, REV mega flies all weekend.

It don't get much better, nice relaxing weekend.

We had as many as eleven kites going, with decent, Mega Calling, organization, REAL FUN,, the crowds were happy for a non event, the skies over Newport, Rhode Island looked as good as one can expect, anywhere anytime, for those of you who have been to Newport in July you have an idea of what went UP!! For those of you who have not been, Make your plans for next year, you will be in for a treat!

John Burkhart "Quote" The BEST spot to fly kites ANYWHERE"

With That said: Extra EXTRA: read all about it.

Make your plans now, I say here, the first public announcement, We will have THE kite festival at Brenton Point State Park, Newport RI. the second weekend of July, 2009. Stay tuned for further updates.

Thanks to all who came and made it such a great weekend, I particularly enjoyed it as I continue my recovery, the last year for me has been a blur of Painful changes!! So to have the Point in my backyard and our family of kiters exhibit there best, this has to be the best place to recover. And for those who could'nt make it, you missed a good one and hope to see you next year!

I have to agree with Scott, for a NON-event this has probably been one of the most fun weekends I've had in a long time.

With a surprise visit from John Burkhart and his lovely wife, every time he unzipped his kite bag it had me anticipating the next masterpiece to adorn the sky.

Saturday was a great day but with low wind the standard b-series was all you saw in the sky and really made its impression on many with its low wind abilities.

Aside from that the ever so hilarious Smitty sound effects made a straight 2 hours of flying seem like a few minutes, was great to have the group that we did just pretty much goofing around with no expectations.

Sunday was 15-20 and again all that you saw were B-series vented I almost put up a standard vented just to be different but couldn't bring myself to do so.

While we had a few different people than the day before all went well and just as fun, there were many SLK's both days very few dual lines which surprised me.

This being the second UN-Fest Newport has seen since 2005 when High Flyers sponsored the last Official Newport Kite Festival I really have to think maybe these are a bit more fun where there were no roped off areas scheduled events or not being able to fly in a field because its for competitions and demo's.

Just good friends having a great time and putting on one hell of a show as a result (sorta what festivals used to be) it was a good blast from the past unofficially of course :kid_smartass:

post-1201-1216068416_thumb.jpg

post-1201-1216068436_thumb.jpg

post-1201-1216068586_thumb.jpg

post-1201-1216068824_thumb.jpg

post-1201-1216069121_thumb.jpg

I SOOOOO miss Brenton Point!!!!! Gonna definitely reappear there next year.....unofficially of course. :kid_smartass:

Look at all those familiar faces. Hope to see some of them at NJSKC this weekend at Liberty State Park.

WE will have an official fest next year, YES, just to bring the kites to the general public although every other weekend is just what we had there.

for those of you who want to know, The mega fly photo flyers from left to right, Ball photo) Sue Moskowitz, David Simpson, Steve Santos, Beth and Art St Pierre, Wen Jeng, Doug Coates, Glenn Davidson and Jim (Fort Flyer) Ferriera. excuse the spelling, it may not be correct, In the background I was helping Joy tune up her 1989 Hadziki Bro's signed REV 1 the pink one parked below the Ball. I was working, representing this thing we call the REVOLUTION!

NEXT year we'll have music to mega fly to, just one weekend, the 2nd week of July, Mark your calender don't dare miss it, This field held the AKA nationals in 1986, one of the best around and with real kite history. Newport, RI., Brenton Point State Park. see you next year!