The humble ground stake

3 new ones ready to show...one more at the hair stylist...blonde barbie, original hair style...purple barbie, original hair style, a braided and dreadlocks look, hair coloring by glenn & sharpie, i really like the matching eye shadow & hair color, pardon the blonde highlights but this is my first dye job...brunette barbie, styling by glenn...g

Is it just me or do these freak anyone else out? I've seen Toy Story! They're under the bed.........

Sure you're not the only one Stephen. But remember that some artists, Tracey Emin and Yoko Ono to name but two, go out of their way to make disturbing images in order to provoke a basic emotional response. Maybe these stakes, dismembering a childhood image and placed on a forum of niceness and family, are aimed at doing the same thing. In which case I think they succeed and should be given a spot in the Tate Modern along side my "Ken Stake" which I am prepared to sell for $1mill. Or perhaps they are just odd.

I’ve just had to re read this thread to make absolutely sure that I hadn’t got hold of the wrong end of the stick here, but I was right, any connection with Stephen’s post about scary things under the bed and Jeremy’s novel ground stake idea is purely coincidental.

Oh! & BTW. Having seen a mock up of Jeremy’s idea I do understand his reluctance to post, this is a family forum after all. And there is still a small design fault that has to be overcome. Once you’ve glued in the stake there’s no room for the batteries, but on the upside, the new model does have somewhere to your hang car keys or a line winder.

Clockwork Bob, clockwork. It's the essence of Ken distilled, on a metal stake and with out the need for batteries.

(Heck I had to be so careful typing the first sentence!)

I'm sure they must have had those kite stakes here!

post-2542-1237481540_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heya Folks,

If you come to the Wildwood Festival next weekend, I'll be there with some goodies for sale as well! I created a few of these stakes for my personal use last year and have been real pleased with them since, so I decided to make them available to the Community. :) Each stake is 10 inch steel and has a very sturdy colorful hard clay handle made entirely by hand. If you can't make the festival and are interested, I will be offering these on my website shortly. I will be happy to do custom colors if you request it. :)

post-1408-1242407493_thumb.jpgpost-1408-1242411626_thumb.jpg

...just look for the long haired short lady with either a hawaiian print visor or a hat with a beaded brim.

Edited by Aerochic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I think I have found The Ultimate Ground Stake, kiteings answer to the Swiss Army Knife, the only thing missing is that thing for getting Boy Scouts out of horses hooves.

Hahahahahaha! It doubles as a tiki torch as well, right?! :devil:

I've only been flying on a grass field. About 4 inches down there's rock or rock hard dirt so nothing longer can be used. So I have two screwdrivers $1 each. Do the job and easily fit one in a back pocket.

That is why I introduced the Mini Marble Kite Stake........

Bob, I love it! Park the kite and have some refreshment.....what could be better......

I now have more colors available for holsters! I have Red, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Black, Lime Green, Purple, and Hot Pink.

post-2174-1246674352_thumb.jpg

Check out my website for all the new and shiny......