The humble ground stake

Ok Guys.........

I think you all missed the whole idea of ground Stakes.

Yes of course its there to hold down you handles / Lines BUT !

the real reson we have them is to pose......so..its no so much to do with what they are made of or look like its more what you carry them around in i.e. The humble ground stake belt holster!

Yes you know what I mean! don't we all look so cool with that Rainbow holster, or plain black HQ holster!

It also means you can be in the beer tent at shows and fates and everyone knows you fly and are not just there for the beer.

And........how many do you have hanging from your belt?? 1......2.......3?? does the number give onlookers an idea of how serious a flyer you are??

which side do you hang your holster RH Front? RH Back? LH Front? LH Back? and what does it mean??

H E L P ! :confused!:

There was forum discussion regarding making your own stakes using arrow shafts... (fruitless search)... Can't RE-find the info...

Sure would appreciate the forum link!

Thanks for any help!

Jynx,

Check the IKE forum under "Smurf Sized Stakes" ...

Cheers,

Tom

It also means you can be in the beer tent at shows and fates and everyone knows you fly and are not just there for the beer.

No, it means that chances are that you are a tosser, sorry but it has to be said.

Beer and kites mix, like beer and cars, serious fliers might have a bottle or two with their lunch but nobody wants to step into a public arena with someone who has just spent two hours in the beer tent.

And anyway, if said tosser has his ground stake hanging off his belt, we have to ask where has he parked his kites??

No, it means that chances are that you are a tosser, sorry but it has to be said.

Yeah but lets face we start out at a disadvantage.... We fly a kids toy !!!!

Don't know about anyone else but apart from Dodd Gross, Speedy & Robbo Spitters I've not seen anyone use they ability to axle etc to impress anyone.

Then we add in our great collect of Goretex....

Vast knowledge of clouds and wind conditions

Anyone still awake ....

If you have something to say Bob I do wish you would say it rather than beating round the bush! ;)

Well yes, on rereading, it does come across as a little sharp, but no lees true for that.

I like to sample the fruits of the brewers art as much as the next man but I find it best to wait until the kites are packed away before I start the serious :big_beer: .

of all the action figure & etc kitestakes that i've made, this is the first made for me...had this wonderful insight after nap time & rescued her from the trashcan...have friends who buy at yard sales & thrift shops for this kitestake series, they come in varying conditions, from almost not used to thrashed...i have watched folks go through the boxes & bags at work where i receive them, the reactions to the barbies with the radical haircuts are interesting...she must be viewed close up to appreciate the haircut she experienced before coming to me...g

post-1725-1229797690_thumb.jpg

post-1725-1229797704_thumb.jpg

Jynx,

Check the IKE forum under "Smurf Sized Stakes" ...

Cheers,

Tom

THANK YOU! I checked everywhere here and on the KiteLife site...Knew I saw it somewhere and couldn't find it anywhere!

It was driving me crazy! (Actually that's a short putt!)

Thanks again! And kudos to the author :clap2:(Didn't realize it was you!)

For those interested in some stake makin' info:

http://www.ikeclub.org/Forums/viewtopic.ph...rf+sized+stakes

Sorry if I offended you Bob

I was only playing :blushing:

No you certainly didn't offend me. I was just picking up your thread thread and running with it, you and I are thinking along the same lines. I think may be Jeremy had missed the point and had seen conflict where there was none

of all the action figure & etc kitestakes that i've made, this is the first made for me...had this wonderful insight after nap time & rescued her from the trashcan...have friends who buy at yard sales & thrift shops for this kitestake series, they come in varying shapes, from almost not used to thrashed...i have watched folks go through the boxes & bags at work where i receive them, the reactions to the barbies with the radical haircuts are interesting...she must be viewed close up to appreciate the haircut she experienced before coming to me...g

Is this the Medieval series of stakes? Head on a pike as it were?

Bart

• 2 weeks later...
so, jynx, call me a cultural midget, but, who is this action figure...g

First off... You should be dang proud you DON'T know who this is! Proves you're no red-neck cultural midget!

It's Bill Engvall from Blue Collar Comedy.

First off... You should be dang proud you DON'T know who this is! Proves you're no red-neck cultural midget!

It's Bill Engvall from Blue Collar Comedy.

Just Googled him :lol: and thought of this Guy. I dont know if the humor will survive the trip across the Atlantic but thought I would share it anyway.

Enjoy.