ZUNE

I don't go on any kite flying trip without my zune. It is 30GB, has all my videos (including about 38 full length movies for long plane trips), pictures of manouvers, and all my music. It is one of my best friends.

Stay away from the dark side...... I might be a Microsoft Partner but couldn't live without my iPods / iPhones ;)

Just because I have a Steve Jobs shrine in my office you shouldnt leap to conclusions Choc!

Shrine or not.... :P

I saw you munching on said juicy fruit only last Sunday at the festival :lol:

I had a friend who worked for Pixar for a time ;)

I use the Creative Zen player. I like the flexibility of not having to use I-tunes and being able to dump anything I want onto it without converting or format conflicts. My Zen W holds 60 gig, plays movies and MP3's. The best thing is that you hook it direct to your computer with a USB, it installs like a hard drive and you drag and drop. Super easy! Also has FM radio with multiple adapts for just about every memory card on the market.

The only drawback to the Zen W is that it is a little big. I am looking at getting the smaller one without the screen cuz I can velcro strap it to my belt/arm while I fly without having to worry about cracking the screen by accident.

Gotta have tunes when you fly tho, makes it all that much bettah!

Archos Gmini 402 works for me. Could do with an easier / quicker way of converting files for it though. Took a few tries B4 I got the B DVD sorted on it.

One piece of advice if you don't mind. I am trying to find some secure headphones or easpieces that dont make me look like a gork of a cyberman.

I'm a Creative fanboy. I've got 4 of their .mp3 players.

I like the MuVo TX FM for the beach.

It holds enough songs for an afternoon's flying session plus it has FM radio.

There are several different play modes and EQs, plus a custom EQ to adjust the sound to your tastes. It takes an AAA battery, so I never worry about running out of power. I just pop another NiMH rechargeable and I'm good for another 16 hours.

No special software is needed to transfer files- just drag & drop. It only takes a couple of minutes to put a fresh set of tunes on, so I change them every day. It only cost $35, so I have more $ for Revs! :D

post-1987-1215226116_thumb.jpg

I have a little Samsung MP3 Clip Player that works way well enough to suit my needs. I pay Macintosh more than enough money for my design equipment needs, I don't need to give them any more. ;)

Come on Carolyn.. you can never pay Mac too much... I know I just updated my FinalCut Pro for 4 'b's (new universal currency we can all understand!) ... just to do video's of Kites and kids! .... plus we are a 4 macs and seven iPod's household and I wouldnt have it any other way (dont tell my clients that though ;) )

I just used to use my K800i did everything I needed make and recieve calls, mp3's, video's, camera, what more do you want from one device, couple it with bluetooth stereo headset perfect.

Just upgraded to C902 camera better the rest of the stuff just as good.

Good ole Sony.

The Zune does have the videos, pictures, music, podcasts, wireless file sharing, USB connectivity and runs mp3, mp4, wmv, wma, and mpeg, as well as jpg. The only things I don't like about it is that if your computer is just an average computer, then the software will lag, and you cannot open it like an external hard drive.

Hmmm Baloo, if you want something nice for headphones, you should be able to find some Shure SE210's there alittle different then most heaphones but there worth it. I'm trying to ebay for a set of the SE 530's.

Thanks for that, not "shure" I like the idea of the in ear phones. Would rather go for over ear. Will have a look on ebay at them though.

Come on Carolyn.. you can never pay Mac too much... I know I just updated my FinalCut Pro for 4 'b's (new universal currency we can all understand!) ... just to do video's of Kites and kids! .... plus we are a 4 macs and seven iPod's household and I wouldnt have it any other way (dont tell my clients that though ;) )

I love my Mac and all that I can do with it, don't get me wrong, but their products are ridiculously expensive and new products are often released before they're ready for public consumption. In the case of their ipods and all the accessories that go along with them, I'm just not convinced it's worth it tho.

• 3 years later...

I haven't listened to music while exercising (or flying) outdoors for more than 4 years now. I was out walking a familiar fitness-walking trail awhile back, close to home (nice neighborhood), with my iPod shuffle playing, when I got mugged! :angry: Never heard them coming.... Punk kids :censored:

Lately, I find that I'm dying to listen to some music while I fly, but I refuse to occupy both ears with headphones.

I think I stumbled upon the solution this morning: mono. Not the disease :lips::big_stretcher::lol: I need to purchase a player that will mix stereo output into one headphone, so I can keep my other ear free to listen to my surroundings.

Could I ask a favor of the Rev community? Could folks please check their players and let me know if there is a mono setting available?