iPhone

I've had my 8GB iPhone for about six months now, and it's probably the best $400 I ever spent...

- Kite videos (tutorials, demos, routines) - great for sharing your passion with someone anywhere!

- iPod function, got all my good music with me on the field.

- Safari - built in web browser (true view), can keep on the forums and email between flights.

- Google map - been using it to bookmark good street flying spots, or fields around the country.

And so much more...

In addition to my AT&T plan rate, $20 gets me unlimited internet access pretty much anywhere on the AT&T network.

Now, they're supposed to be coming out with the 3G version (much faster) and a whole load more applications in July... Price will be down to $199!

Video presentation about all the new features - http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/0806...vent/index.html

Can't say enough about this phone, SO awesome.

Anyone else have one?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have a guess... :lol:

O2 in the UK are doing free upgrade to 3G iPhone so Mrs Jones is getting mine in July!.....

I know that I was watching the 'how do do an Axle Video' on the beach last night but find it hard to believe you were ;)

Shame the camera is so shaky ....

post-2056-1214419647_thumb.jpg

Yup, I've had one since Christmas. I love it too. The videos, the music, the internet, pictures, text messaging, calander so I can store all my kiting events, A note pad, a map so I can find my way to the kite fests, and so much more. its really awesome! THe new one that is coming out in July is going to have faster internet (but that comes at a price because the service plan is going up by $10 for that phone, and it eats your battery life faster). I'm really happy with mine. YAY for iPhone!

Thought so,JBs no HACK :devil:

BRIAN...

Bri ... your on the right track asking your daughter ... they have no fear... The day I got my iPhone I synced it and charged it over night got up in the morning at it was gone ... went upstairs to find 6 year old Daughter and 4 year old son in bed watching a movie on it having plugged it into some speakers!!! luckily the movie they chose was of a suitable rating!!

JB .. hacked my wife's touch but have since taken it back to legal firmware... figure as of July 11th there will be plenty of new software to play with!

JB .. hacked my wife's touch but have since taken it back to legal firmware...
Too much information by half! Yuch!

I have a phone, in fact I have three - one at home, one in the office and a cell. Why do all of you keep spelling phone incorrectly?

I copy and paste alot Sailor...NOT...refuse to use a spell checker..realy Bri.

I dont sorta gell verywell with tech stuff.I started a new job,bought the be all end all of a new lap top as mine was years old.

The Kids Have it.VISTA DROVE ME MAD.

BRIAN...A JURASSIC MAN

Anybody Jailbroken theirs?

I've had mine since a week after they came out, and I've had it jailbroken for a large chunk of that time. My niece and nephews always want to play with my iPhone and not their dad's, because mine has all the cool toys and games.

That said, the only non-bog-standard app I use on a daily basis is Solitaire!

What's nice is that I can do a trip like Oregon this weekend, or Thailand, still have my network connectivity as needed, and not need to lug around a laptop. Dealing with 40 to 50 pound bags of gear, I really don't want to have to worry about more weight in my backpack!

Now please excuse me while I download some rental movies from my computer to my phone so I have something to do on the plane tomorrow...

I'm sure it's blocked on your iPhone, but if you look in an old analog phone book you'll most likely find help for raving neophilia. I love the new stuff too ... well, actually, I love the stuff that has pass beyond the bleeding edge. As to phones, I don't really want to be available 24/7 to every idiot with a brain fart or a product to sell. There's a reason the USA has adopted a "no call" list. Yea, I have a cell phone - the equivalent of an old black dial phone - and I only share the number with family and a few friends. The last great communication gift I received was a phoneless cord.

Yes, I'm a curmudgeon ... and damn proud of it.

I'm with you Jeepster. When Jonesey reaches into his pocket and whips out his iphone I know its time to wind up the lines and beat a hasty retreat - "Jeremy, take a look at this. I videoed myself flying my 2.4 one handed in a gale force 8". Humm.

I'm with you Jeepster. When Jonesey reaches into his pocket and whips out his iphone I know its time to wind up the lines and beat a hasty retreat - "Jeremy, take a look at this. I videoed myself flying my 2.4 one handed in a gale force 8". Humm.

It was at least a force 9 ....

I'm with you Jeepster.

Thanks Sailor, it's nice to have someone else who understands the distractions of technology. By the way, keep this quiet please ... I mean after all John B. started this thread and that Bluetooth thread 'cuz he's so proud of his gizzmos. He'll probably get all upset if he knew we weren't impressed with his stuff.

Don't you think the gizzmos are contributing to his inability to concentrate on one task for any length of time? He calls it multi-tasking to make it sound professional, but it's really just an inability to focus ... all those distracts are the cause. That's probably why he's got that jittery flying style - why I've seen videos where he dances around like he's covered with red ants. Jeez, what's that about. Think what a good flyer he'd be if he could get rid of all the distractions and zen out. Smooth and relaxed; not all that thrashing around.

Again, let's keep this quiet so we don't get him more wound up and distracted!

Cheers,

Tom

My only number is my cell phone. :P

Being home an average of 3-5 days per month (traveling 35 or so weekends out of the year) makes a number of things absolutely non cost-effective for me...

Car, home phone, etc.

John ... I'm with you on the iPhone thing but if your looking for sympathy based on your lifestyle you might be unlucky :lol: