B-Series, B-Series Vented or Mid Vented?

dean750

Question

I am getting back into flying my Rev 1 (thanks to a new friend who let me try 90# 50' lines) and will buy a new Rev before I buy my next dual line kite.

So my question is, which one would be the best buy? Our winds here are typically 1 to maaaaybe 10mph with ocassional wind above that. The new friend, RescueRev let me fly his 1.5 SLE with the 2 wrap rods in it. Wind bouncing around between 3.5 and 8mph. 85' 90# line and man it was a dream to fly compared to my Rev 1. Granted I was on short lines, but it seemed like the 1.5 was a little easier to control. It definatly side slid better and faster than mine.

Just curious. The B-Series just seems a little more versitle than a standard 1.5

I was thinking the Mid Vented, but how would that do in light (2 to 5mph) wind? Or would it be wiser to start with the Std.?

Dean :matrix:

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I was out at the field w/John today and I flew both of the mid vent kites as well :)

I enjoyed flying them both! B)

I really liked how the outer vent flew, better than the inner vent though and it seemed easier to control.

stabilized the gusts and turbulence, better reverse and hovers than a standard, absolutely killer all in all.

This description sounds good :P hehe.

I am yet to fly a full vent on the B-series.

-Shannon

well i havent flown the outer vent yet.. im still going with the fact that this inner is very enjoyable to fly .. john is right however it does have a rev 1 feel to it .. where the true test to this kite is is in the squirlly winds i still find this kite to handle the best for the sloppy winds i get inland.. the vents suck up the harder points when a full sail would handle like crap.. i do want to get an outer vent as well.. as nowthey are going into production.. the best part of my kite is the I QUAD dudes on it ha ha ha ha ha

I gotta get a gig that pays more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4.

Having just purchased a B std and B vented, now I'm thinking midvent too. Aaaarggh, I know Florida has the fountain of youth, where is that damn money tree my parents used to talk about?????????????/

the best part of my kite is the I QUAD dudes on it ha ha ha ha ha

From a design standpoint, I think I'd rather have the Iquad Dudes in that other panel over the grey material. If the kite only has one vent, is that oddball grey panel really necessary then? Sorry, this is just the arty side of my brain talkin.

From a design standpoint, I think I'd rather have the Iquad Dudes in that other panel over the grey material. If the kite only has one vent, is that oddball grey panel really necessary then? Sorry, this is just the arty side of my brain talkin.

In the right sky, it's hard to tell which panels are mesh and which are grey fabric. ;)

The inner grey panels give a consistent graphical match with other B-Series kites, too.

Well, credits or not I'm sold on which B-Series to buy. Just hope John and Revolution Kites maybe take my suggestion so I don't have to buy a frame set that could be sold comparably anyway with the race rods. I say this kite kills the Std.

Maybe give the buyer the choice of the 2 and 3 wrap or 3 and 4 wrap set of rods? Good PR if thats the tactic. Show relation to the customer based on thier local flying conditions. In my area, I'd offer the carbon fiber handles and 90# 80' line set. Charge $360 for the package. Make John's Gold colored handles an extra few dollars. Std black handles included. But make darn sure the foam doesn't break the glue and start sliding around. Maybe use epoxy to solve that problem :kid_brooding:

For those that choose the 3 and 4 wrap rod set, they'd get the standard 13" handles. Metal. For those in say Choocy or Sailors area they would get a standard 120' 150# line set.

I believe the standard if the sail was made of Icarex and the lightest bridal would be Rev's new indoor, 0 to 10 mph kite in the full sized sail.

Dean :matrix:

Viola, outer mid-vent in action...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8518909849294099641

Race frame, 3-6 mph, approximately 35' of 90#, using my 9" top leaders.

Just under 12 minutes worth of video, continuously filmed (uncut).

Please pardon the music, but it's not too bad for royalty-free. ;)

Awesome video John ... humbling as ever.... ordering one tomorrow on the basis I will instantly be able to fly like that :)

Awesome video John ... humbling as ever.... ordering one tomorrow on the basis I will instantly be able to fly like that :)

JB

I mean this with all due respect, affection and humble adoration, YOU SUCK......but in a good way. :kid_smartass::kid_smartass::kid_smartass: . That vid is awesome! You make low wind flying look effortless

Curious tho what was playing in your headphones at the time???????

Okay, just uploaded a higher quality MPG, but I'm not sure that Google took advantage of it with their conversion...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4549688913625085784

Which one looks better, the link above, or this next link?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7292401199214108405

Detail seems better on the first one, no?

the second link on that post looks better i think .. however all of them show great detail on all of the flying skills you peformed in that video.. so it is written that you like the outer midvent better but at least we know that you also have the i quad inner mid vent as a piece of history and in october we must present these kites and do a small 3 person mega fly with them as a favor to me and the other owner of the midvent inner panel..john b what do you think of this future plan???