Shrewsbury Festival

Baloo

Well just got back from Shrewsbury.

Was a quiet little festival except for the wind which was gusting over 55mph on my wind guage.

Flew my B'v with twin LE's and to be on the safe side 150lb lines. Flew for about 2 Hours.

Good news was I didnt break anything, think the bungees might need a tweek now though.

Bad news I ache a bit.

Even better news, won a kite in the raffle, not a Rev but then there you go. It is a multi sled thing. Told it needs 300lb line on it so I might wait till some friends are around B4 I try it, (Skunk Harrier maybe you might look at it for me at Portsmouth or Bristol if you have time)

No othere Revs there but did talk to a guy that had one in the car. Not vented so that is where it stayed.

Flew my B'v with twin LE's and to be on the safe side 150lb lines. Flew for about 2 Hours.

Hello Baloo,

Glad you had a nice festival, congrats on your win ;)

we thought it might have been you at the S'ton bear drop :lol:

Ditto for us with big wind, 7 wrap in venteds, no breakages but lots of aches now :D

Great w/e all round. :kid_content:

Missed it this year.Nice to see ya won something at last Chris.

BRIAN...

Thanks Bri, couldnt say I have not won anything, got that Sea Devil and the Prism that Ben owned. So never think I am complaining when I dont win anything!!

Shrewsbury was realsmall.Only a couple of stands and maybe 40 folks or so. Maybe 15 silly enough to fly. And a few with buggies.

And as far as the lifter is concerned Jeremy I was thinking I might have a use for that winch on the front of my Landy..

Pitty,Paul and his Mrs are top people. I have a few of ther kites.Won two box kites a few years ago in the raffle.Some old flyer had died and left his kites to the club/raffle.God bless him.

Had a great weekend down ther.Pop up tent and the kids along.

BRIAN...

Yep the Skybums were good folks. Had time to talk and welcomeing. As were all the others there. Typical of what I have come to expect from Kiters.

I made sure I put enough in the raffle to say thank you. It was an interesting raffle. All the prizes, and there were over 70 had a little bag with a number on. You put as many tickets as you wanted in the bag with a number. Then each bag was drawn at the end. It was a good trick how the kids got some neat prizes. One who it was the first time he had flown a kite got a bamboo and silk Turtle, I put a few in for that but am glad I didnt get it. A couple of other kids got a pack of Glow sticks. Of course as it was so windy there were a few tickets got blown into different bags.

Well it had a flat base with some bamboo risers if that makes sense. Then the turtle shell shaped top. Turtle head, tail which switched from side to side, then 4 turtle flippers joined to the flat base bit.

All with what I thought to be painted silk covering it, though now I think about it it could have been that Indian Fighter kite type paper.

There was a strange bit of what looked like old fashioned bale string, you know the stuff B4 it went to synthetic stuff. You had to use that to give the back some weight apparrently so that it had the right angle of attack to fly.

Anyway it was a WAY neat kite probably just under a couple of feet long. And SO cool to go to a little dude who had never flown a kit B4 that Day. He was taking it apart SO carefully and paying attention to how it all would go back together again.

Yep the Skybums were good folks. Had time to talk and welcomeing. As were all the others there. Typical of what I have come to expect from Kiters.

I made sure I put enough in the raffle to say thank you. It was an interesting raffle. All the prizes, and there were over 70 had a little bag with a number on. You put as many tickets as you wanted in the bag with a number. Then each bag was drawn at the end. It was a good trick how the kids got some neat prizes. One who it was the first time he had flown a kite got a bamboo and silk Turtle, I put a few in for that but am glad I didnt get it. A couple of other kids got a pack of Glow sticks. Of course as it was so windy there were a few tickets got blown into different bags.

Yip,did the raffle the same way when i was ther.I Donated the kites i won to the nkg library.

BRIAN...