Southampton Kite Festival

Choccy

Sailor got particularly soppy about a super fluffy St bernard type puppy today as well......!

The fluffier the more he goes mushy :lol:

totally smitten

Damn ... I've missed a whole evening of my second favourite sport ... Sailor baiting ... am I too late??

Thanks for the Hampshire Hoverers + 1 or 'Team flying for Dummies'... introductory lesson today guys (& Choc)... have it all on video ... BE AFRAID!

Oh and sailor... words cannot express my sorrow for your loss, I know the guilt I will always feel when I look at the dent in my sons head and imagine the damage it may have caused to your leading edge is nothing in comparison to the pain you must be feeling ... I can only ask that we as a small family of rev flyers in Hampshire come together to support our brother in this time and pool together what resources we can to enable a small girl somewhere in a foreign land to wrap some carbon cloth around a mandril and run with all the energy she has left to get it on a plane to you within the week.... can there be any nobler quest? send all donations directly to ...

Williams Piggy Bank

somwhere close to his dads wallet

Hampshire

;)

Now this dog is a real beaut. I met him and his owners, a really great, fun loving couple, at Basingstoke. He has the most wonderful temperament and is soooooooooo cute. He was introduced to the aforementioned St Bernard and was really gentle with the puppy. Great dog.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/27...050069655IImLEI

I hope your video doesn't have yet more of our fluffs.....

Great to see you guys again.

sorry peeps only seem to have clicked one rev :kid_devlish: but the rest are great lol

thanks for the pics Skunky.

It is nice to see the other bits from the festival.

Did you go on the ghost train ???

It broke down at one point. :lol:

Good views from the top.

Couldn't have put it better myself! No rain or grey skys today, but there was wind, then there was none, then loads, then none. You get the picture I am sure. "Officially" in the arena it was about 20mph gusting 47, although I think the 20 was a bit on the high side - more like 4 - 47mph to me. But we still had fun of course. Skunk let me have a go with his rev I vented (which reminds me, where is my credit card?) which is really, really good. I discovered all about the patented Harrier bridling system, as well as the "harrier mid-vent". Odd that as I thought real mean didn't need vents ;) Choccy, Groz and I tried to put a lot of what Simon had taught us yesterday into practice, and some of it went right [woopee!]. Picture proof may appear in skunky's kite den. I discovered that, due to complaints from people who are no doubt jealous of my six pack, I am no longer a page 3 pin up in skunky's den - shame, I rather liked being a sex god (for six pack read keg BTW) .

Good to catch up with you folk at Soton, shame we did not manage to fly together, TV folk kept us a bit busy at times.

Pity you could not have tried the mid vent, but then, the sail is clearly marked "Voor het Kinderen", :P

I think your classy image is safe on the Kiteden, Rob ain't easily influenced by those jealous of your six pack, like me.

The day was good fun, busted and bent kit, broken lines, tangled lines to sort out, camera dumped on the deck a time or two, lots of traffic for the drive home and we are still daft enough to be up for more of the same.

Good to catch up with you folk at Soton, shame we did not manage to fly together, TV folk kept us a bit busy at times.

Pity you could not have tried the mid vent, but then, the sail is clearly marked "Voor het Kinderen", :P

I think your classy image is safe on the Kiteden, Rob ain't easily influenced by those jealous of your six pack, like me.

The day was good fun, busted and bent kit, broken lines, tangled lines to sort out, camera dumped on the deck a time or two, lots of traffic for the drive home and we are still daft enough to be up for more of the same.

Cant beet it,can ya Bruce,

Heads Majorca,Tails Portsmouth.......wada ya think.

BRIAN...

We've been really fatigued after our antics at the festival last weekend, so it has taken me a little while to get all the pictures together.

Some of the inflatable kite pictures are here.

Thanks for bringing some colour to the festival Skunky and Bruce.

Some more to follow soon.

:blue-sleepy: