How much Longevity can one expect out of Pro Gold Lines?

stryker2

This is a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string!" if you pardon the pun.  The answer depends on a great many things.  Do you fly on a beach or grass?  Do you fly indi or team/pair?  Do you use just the one set of lines? Do you rotate the top and bottom lines each time you fly? Do you fly near single line kites?

The better you look after your lines the longer they will last.  Our team would get through a set of lines every two years or so, but we fly them all year round in some fairly poor weather   conditions and on sand.  I have an individual set of lines that I have used for 10 years and they are still ok (Shanti) however, there is nothing like flying on a new set of lines.

I would recommend keeping one set of lines for the beach and another set for grass.  You may have to replace the lines used on a beach more frequently but you should get years of use from the other set.  

Oh and from personal experience, don't try and fight your rev with a "Manta" !

Thanks Stephen, your response was very helpful.

I tend to fly off grass 95% of the time, and so far never around any other kiters.

I tend to switch the lines (handles to kite every time I set up)

I switch top and bottom lines after every 5 or 6 days/times I fly.

So the lines should last me a least a few years, which I would be happy with.

Thanks again for your response and help, it's much appreciated.[/i]

depending on how much you use them and what type of flying you do todays flying linesets last for a long time ive gotten 4 years out of a set of 150# 100feet lazer pro lines and i fly 3 days a week on the beach just look after them if you fly on the sand it can be a kite and line killer