lost but not forgoten

antman

well im sad to say because of a disrepctful tyrant with his stupid dogg my new i quad beressi is now history :kid_brooding: i was on the beach gettings thungs tuned up when this man let his dog run therug my lines!!!! the kite then launched and got caught around a light pole splitting in half :kid_brooding::kid_brooding: even to make it worse the basterd had no remorse for what he did... not a care that my new member was killed by ingeronance.. so i have the 1 half of the kite in my shop at home and the other is still up there.. question is now what do i do to make this kite reborn again? if i cant make it possable to mabie have rev build me a new one at least i have the 1 half to hang up and forever remember.. when i went to the police they colud not press charges because the mean leashed up his dog before the cops arrived to the scene.. the laws here are dogs must be leashed or its a $200 fine.. this is not over im going to city hall with the photos of the brokin kite and im getting this law pushed so that this doesnt happen to anyother kiteflier or rc plane fliers that come here to use this beach.. im really sad about this family ... this is a really bad thing that has happened to me i meed all the help i can to get another one of these in my bag.. i really hope rev can make it possable for me.. im going to call lolly and tell here what heppend she is a sweet sweet lady that truely understands every kite flier and how much we all love our revs.. i know that she knows just how much i love all my rev kites i treat them lke my other kids they are the best thing to happen to me i the kiting world but its not just the kites its the people too ben lolly joe and dave are the best people to ever deal with .. well i know this is a sad story to shre with you all but i need to vent and here is the only place where i can tell the story to you all that can truely understand it... thanks for listining

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no words that I can type express how I feel about your loss, antman.

I've had a couple of kites damaged by careless dog owners, but was able to fix them.

I hope that something turns up for you that takes some of the pain away. :(

thanks guys that means alot to me ..as for small claims im trying to find that out now.. the problem is that i cant prove that the a##hole did it because the dog was leashed up when the cops arriived.. the police showed that the cop reported that the dog was leashed.. so they could not lable the incident as his fault .. im going to have to takke a camera with me next time so this doesnt happen again

Well Antman.I take my hat off to ya mate for keeping your kEWL.I realy cant imagine what i could have done in your position.

BAD NEWS MAN,BAD NEWS.

Make them pay someway.Hes is totally responsible for that dog and should be made to learn the hard way.Through his wallet.No reasonable Judge/Magistrate would let him get away with that.He has to be made to pay,NOT YOU ,Why should it cost you suffering and financial loss.Because of his ,,,,,,

Take him all the way.

BRIAN

Hey this is a real bummer.

Your know if some was shot on the beach, it doesn't mean it did not happen because the fuzz didn't see it.

They are simply to lazy to do their work and fill out all the forms and gather witnesses.

It is an out right brush off.

Do you have any witnesses to any part of the dog running loose?

Do you have the name or any information concerning the owner of the dog?

How about finding the key person on the city council that supports the Wildwood Kite Festival and have a talk with them.

As for parking the REV, I always do and suggest parking the REV leading edge down with the lower lines, not handles laid around the stakes, if you use stakes. In fact in sand, I prefer pulling a little sand over the LE in then just dropping the handle on the sand. There is less chance of someone, animal, car or whatever grabbing the lines. The only negative is that a car would most likely not see the kite thus could easily roll over it.

Sorry for your loss Ant, the problem I've noticed as of late is the lack of respect and common courtesy people have lately.

The worst part is WHAT IF when that dog ran across your lines the infamous spectra cut down to the bone very easily ability had happened to his dog, you know how that would have turned out right ?

Luckily for me I have calmed down a bit in the last 15 years because my first thought was already 1 stitch for every dollar lost + court costs and assault fines which would most likely look like a great white attack.

Sad part is that the kite flyer's will ultimately suffer because we don't have the masses needed to stand up to ignorant furry friend owners.

Now I'd like to joke and say "thats what you get for getting a mid vent before me" but somehow it doesn't suit at this time so I'll save it for later just know its on deck :kid_smartass:

Now for people like me who tease dogs and anything else that crosses my path it would have been fully deserved and I'm sure my time will come eventually, it's these uncalled for events that make it truly sad.

Good Luck Buddy, I do hope you get some resolve.

Antman man, So sorry to hear about your B. Prolly not a lot can be done to ammend for the ways of an inconsiderate jerk and his dog but fortunately for you the fine folks at Rev will likely show some support and help for you.

In the grand scheme of life though losing your B to a dog who doesn't know better and an owner that should, it kind of pales in comparison to finding out about the sudden death of a friend and coworker. That being the small tidbit that bought me off the flying field today.

Not mentioning it for the outpouring of sympathy , rather just to bring to light how fortunate we are to be able to enjoy the little things in life we enjoy so much for way too short a time.

"Goes to show, you don't never know, watch each card you play and play 'em slow"

thanks you guys..i warms my heart to be able to find a group that understands what im going therugh.. all of you know now how serious this really is.. ill always remember this support and know youll have mine whe needed :blue_wink: i have the ibfo of the owner as the cops have it on report wildwood is and has been my home for life i the 21 years ive fkown this beach i can,t beleave how this area has goten a handful of ignorant people that just because the have tons of monry they think they can do what they want the cops look te other way so the rich summer residents why the poor working people get messed with .. one thing for sure it will never vdrive me to leave my favorate beach

thanks steve .. those are cellphone shots taken today the first shot is the pole the other shot is that half of the kite that blew down in the parking lot it was a clean rip but at least i was able to have part of it .. it happened so fast i couldnt beleave it either.. just wanted you all to see these as proof that is for real.. looking at them really hurts but not as bad as seeing the brokin piece in my shop the reason it hit the top of the pole i was flying on 120 foot lines

There will now be a post of Silence.

Liquid refreshments will follow.

That was sweet, Steve, (my moment of silence) but, damn...you're a sick puppy :kid_smartass: ! Perhaps, a bad choice of words :kid_devlish: ...

Seriously, I was sick when I heard this... I wonder if it matters 100% whether or not the dog was leashed. The owner should have been in control of the pooch, while leashed, too. So, it seems to me that it's clear cut :doh: (sorry, Ant... bad word choice, again) that the dog's owner should have some liabiltiy here.

post-2058-1212292524_thumb.jpg

Hang in there Ant...

Ps. No matter what I do to rotate the images properly, when I go to post 'em here, they always wind up like this... I don't know why...

I had a woman use foul language and call me a body part just last Thurs because i yelled at her dog who was charging my kite as it was on the ground. She just could not understand how someone could be unnice to her little pooch which I think was a female dog (the dog that is). I have been a dog person earlier in my life and I now am remorseful and apologize for that.

I truly sympathize with you Ant. Lost one kite last year to two dogs but I was lucky and the owner of one of the dogs bought the destroyed kite from for the price of a new one so it all came out well. It blew her mind when saw that this was not a Walmart $10 kite. But she did turn out to be a very nice lady.

I am sure at some point though I will have a bad experience with a dog owner.

I still think the only solution is a huge tax on dogs to pay for enforcement of rules and laws concerning dogs. Probably should also force dog owners to carry a liability insurance policy same as we force a driver to liability on their auto.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

Ant mate, I am sorry, there is just nothing I can say. I know how I would feel if this happened to me.

I hope you manage to get some sort of compensation.

Thinking of you bro.

I now understand the quick one line reply to my pm. Sorry I missed you on Skype.

I hope this case works through well, but had to add an observation to one quote:

I still think the only solution is a huge tax on dogs to pay for enforcement of rules and laws concerning dogs. Probably should also force dog owners to carry a liability insurance policy same as we force a driver to liability on their auto.

Presumably the owner would be liable for a dog bite regardless of whether they were there at the time. As with autos, the problem is the ignorant / arrogant who choose not to insure (despite the law) and fail to control their weapons [that's how some of them drive!]