New kites for iQuad...

KiteLife

John, when I saw your new team design I freaked!..., I knew, I wanted something similar but not identical. So with the help of photoshop, I played around a little and came up with my own color scheme. which is now  on order and should be recieved within the next couple of weeks. (no team colors are used)

I will be posting a pic as soon as my new 1.5 vented custom arrives. :D

• 2 months later...

Thanks!  :-)

Well the inspiration for the colour choice, obviously comes from my favorite Rev team : Team I Quad :-)

Naturally I wouldn't have the audacity to even ask to copy exactly, so used a complementry colour in place of your (I Quads) Team colours)

I love this kite, it's so smooth and my definite favorite and looks great in the air.

I'm going to have an SUL made up in the New Year and use White in place of the black and keep the purple and Aqua combination.

It would be an honour to share the same field with you guys, let alone fly with you. I would not embarrass myself in front of any professional flyer at this point in time. I still need to put in many hours of dedicated practice before I will have the confidence to fly in your presence.   :D

So back to the field I go to practice, practioce, practice, and when I'm tired, drink some more coffee and practice some more, untill I look like this  :shock:

Unfortunately I have no one to show me the ropes, so I have to teach myself, with the aid of the advanced video, which makes the learning curve, just that more challenging.

I'm always up for a good challenge  

Well I can hover pretty well anywhere and in any direction, however, that is only one skill I have managed to accomplish, but yet to really master.

It's your personal videos and the videos of team I Quad, that give me the inspiration to become more proficient. And with lots and lots of dedicated practice, I know I will    :D

Very Sweet Indeed   :D  Thanks for sharing!

Although I don't or haven't flown indoor, I do intend to get myself a SUL for those zero wind days, which are all too comon here in Toronto, especially over the summer months. (Or just get a SUL frame set for my all fabric 1.5 and/or a UL frameset for my Sedgewick, which has standard 4 wrap) ........ Any suggestions and/or advice?

Thanks

Steve

oh man john you just keep pulling more and more cooler kites out of your hat  :D (i wonder what else is hidden in the baressi manner)  :P  this is why 1 Quad is the number 1 team out there striker i like that color choise cant wait to see it in white i was going to go with my football team colors for my next 1.5 blue gold white and black GO RAMS i hope lolly has gold  lol

The SUL sail is a bit lighter then the standard sail, both in the sail material and the bridle. You would need the lightest rods; e.g. REV "For Professionals only". You can make it even lighter for no wind by removing the bridle and attaching pigtails to the ends of the vertical rods, for your lines. You can could even change to much lighter rods. However, you will still require a bit more effort to fly in light winds as compared to the REV No-Wind.

In all cases, you will find it easier to fly in zero wind with short lines.

The SUL 1.5 can be flown in 0-wind conditions, but requires a little mobility to do so... The Indoor just floats through the air, and requires very little pressure on the sail for it to move.

Since we're working with 8 team members, and occasionally in very small demo fields, the Indoor kites are a must-have for us in absolute zero conditions. ;)

It should also be noted that we have SUL 1.5's as well, with Indoor frames... Incredibly light.

We never take the bridles off though, because it does reduce the performance a little... We like to maintain our easy 1/16th clockwork, etc... Also, we don't use the spectra bridles, since the knots tend to slip when the wind comes up (we have to be flexible) and are easier to cut in the event of a mid-air collision.

The added weight from the regular bridles is minimal really, and can be accommodated with a more refined technique.

John, those look sweet!!  We nearly got some of those a while back for outdoor super light conditions, but decided against it as they were much harder to control than the 1.5.  However, did I understand you correctly that as well as the "Professional Use" spars for your 1.5's, you have "Indoor Rods" for them?  If so, how much difference do you find that makes and what length are they, as I ave not tried them?

Thanks,

Mark