June 14th and 15th Blackheath, London

Felix

Hi Felix

I'm aiming to get to Blackheath, possibly just the Saturday though. Can you also please reinstate me on the Portsmouth / Bristol list? :) - thanks

Hi David,

Sounds like good news! It is now 45 at Portsmouth and 55 at Bristol. I will post the list again soon when I have checked it 'carefully'!

Best wishes

Felix

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye 'tis good to be flying again!

Mr T first I'm a f**t then a g*t - perhaps I should be buying you some more letters rather than beer! ;)

He He well at least I got your attention lol ........oh and that was OLD F**T and OLD G*T... :lol: :lol: ;):big_beer: :big_beer: :big_beer: :big_beer: :big_beer: seee ya soon matey

Hi Felix

I'm aiming to get to Blackheath, possibly just the Saturday though. Can you also please reinstate me on the Portsmouth / Bristol list? :) - thanks

Good to see you're back in the saddle, shame I will miss you at Black Heath, I'm planning a Sunday visit and think I may be pushing my luck with SWMBO both days that particular w/e.

Change of plans, I'll be there just on Sunday now. Looking forward to entering "the grid". Sounds like something from Spooks!!

*giggle* I am looking forward to watching you enter the grid :)

We are hoping to be there, probably on the sunday.

Hope the wind picks up a bit as I am hopeless in light wind conditions having 'learnt' in 20mph+ :blue-confused:

We shall bring 120ft lines anyway just in case.

But I'll probably end up just taking photos :kid_content:

Change of plans, I'll be there just on Sunday now. Looking forward to entering "the grid". Sounds like something from Spooks!!

I really hope that 'everyone' is prepared to 'take the plunge'.

I am sure that it will make sense to the fliers once they are in place. It IS going to be quite demanding and everyone MUST be able to 'own their hover' as I think the phrase is!

Felix

If you are in Vancouver, come to the Pacrim kite festival that same weekend, June 14-15th

:D

ooo, sounds interesting! We land around 5pm on Saturday, so Sunday is a free day.

Edit: Just Googled it, Vainer Park, right in the centre! That'll be a YES then!

We won't have room to bring any kite kit, soooooo .... will have to ask someone nicely (Bazzer?) to lend me something to fly with :blue_wink: tee hee ... could always bring one of the 'old' TFS skins I guess? (the new ones are all with Stephen now!!!)

Hezz

ooo, sounds interesting! We land around 5pm on Saturday, so Sunday is a free day.

We won't have room to bring any kite kit, soooooo .... will have to ask someone nicely (Bazzer?) to lend me something to fly with :blue_wink: tee hee ... could always bring one of the 'old' TFS skins I guess? (the new ones are all with Stephen now!!!)

Hezz

We'll have kites galore, no worries there' I'll message you my number, much of iQuad is staying right downtown as well.

Hezz

I walked the bridge to Vainer Park. Later we took the small ferry boats instead!

Felix

I walked the bridge to Vainer Park. Later we took the small ferry boats instead!

Felix

More pertinently... re Blackheath

Sunday

15:25 Mega Revolution Fly

2008 is the 20th anniversary of four line "Revolution" kites and to celebrate there will be a mass launch and fly of these intriguing kites.

I will have my 120's with me, also hoping for a bit more wind on the heath than there is now!

well lets say a bit of wind would be good,

cant get a thing up.

There is no excuse not to be able to fly a Rev 1 in Zero wind on 120 ft lines.

<grins>

On a damp November day it might be a slight problem.

You have 2 - 3 mph reverse walking speed. Just get on with it....

Felix

You have to remember I drive London Bus, Don't do walking let alone reversing.

Suppose it be like teaching an old dog!!!!!

Careful, someone else mentioned 'not doing walking' very recently.

Please watch John B as a helpful example.

Long arms and moving on the ground is it!

(That was not a South Wales Valleys expression by the way!)

Felix

Yay the first proper timetabled event of the year (well for me anyway) has been released:

http://www.thekitesociety.org.uk/Blackheath2008.htm

Wind is still looking a bit light for me to do much flying (ATM) ;(

Still I can plan when I take piccies instead of missing the important highlights :kid_content:

Hopefully see you Sunday.

Spectacular festival today :)

Great ppl, great kites, great teams...

Fantastic mega-team:

The Decorators;

The Flying Squad;

Evolver

David E. ;)

</high as a kite> :wub:

Piccies to follow.....

ThanX to all who came and made it a special event.

Revolution Forum > Gallery > Members Gallery > Blackheath > Toilet Training mov.AVI

A few pics and small movie of Mr E*****n scaring the C**P out of people.

A great weekend The Mega fly was class !!!

Must practice more.

( not figured out how to link to pics properly but sure you'll find your way there)

Dont forget David Ellison in the Mega Fly.

Hope there was not too much strain on your shoulder.

What a trooper - made it through to the end with a super inverted, into a kiss and joined the massive ground art ;)