How to improve the fly, when you are new

ATEMOC

hey there,

how about practice it over and over and over again? :)  Okok, thats pretty simplistic so here's what I did (and continue to do)

With the kite on the ground, leading edge down, practice simply coming up about a foot, and then holding it there for a period of time. Slowly drop back down, and repeat this, over and over.

Another thing that can help is to move the connection point on your handles a little closer to the handles. This gives it more reverse, which makes the learning curve a little easier.

See below for an article on handle tweaks :

http://www.kitelife.com/archives/issue43/r...ons43/index.htm

Finally, one thing I do every time I am out as a warmup, I cross the window from left to right in reverse, and then back across, right to left, as slowly and as unwobbley as I can.

Hope it helps!

• 5 months later...
Hi i'm having some problems with the Reverse flight, how i can improve this, i'm new in rev fly.

Alejandro - ATEMOC.com

This is fairly simple... I just practiced hovering the kite in the air for a while, then start t do a little bit of movement.

Is this the dvd with the advanced stuff in it? I would like to get a copy. Should I just call Rev?

I'm 99% sure he means the B Series specific DVD. The new Advanced one is slated for later this year. However, I've seen the B Series DVD and there's some great stuff on it.

Hopefully they will be available Sidsol. I am waiting for my B's but am fairly sure will not have DVD as they were despatched a couple of weeks ago.

Wonder if there is any chance of having them sent out like back dated or should that be forward dated? to those who didnt get them with the B's.

Hi Alejandro, are you going to the festival in Valencia in a few weeks time? If not why not, it's great?

Anyway, I will be there with my team so please come and say Hi and we will try and get you flying backwards and hovering etc etc.

Look out for the pale English guys on the beach with the Blue, White & Black Revs.

:rolleyes:

post-27-1174254665_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
i dont know why but for some reason i really like the red white blue 1.5 the new version i think im going to order a vented version

We will have to talk about that cause, when I was opening my new B last week, Liz asked if this is it for kites, gee I had to tell her no, but I can get by for awile if I had a vented rev too. Well I can wait till my B day in July so, I'll have it for vacation in Aug.

Hi i'm having some problems with the Reverse flight, how i can improve this, i'm new in rev fly.

Alejandro - ATEMOC.com

Hi Alejadro, if there is any way for you to buy the new rev B, the kite and DVD, you will get better at it. DVD has lessons.

kitezen my wife said something similar too so i too have to wait for a while :angry: but that is not the only reason.. i make better money in the winter months so next year and many years to come im makeing my bag bigger and bigger i started with 1 back in the 80s and now i got so many i cant keep track of them all :lol: