Northern Virginia beginners?

Airedrifter

I'm back in the kite world again. :)

I've had my 1.5 out a couple of times and have learned how to crash it spectacularly. :)

I'm learning that it pays to have a general idea of what's coming next; rather than mindless to and fro of my dual lines. :)

Commiserating with fellow crashers would be cool.

Mike in Leesburg

Hi Mike,

I'm Paul and I'm with the WOW (Wings Over Washington) Kite Club. We have a whole bunch of quad-heads in our group, from beginners to masters. I look forward to making your acquaintance. Our club calendar can guide you to many events the address is

wowkiteclub.com.

I pretty much fly EVERY sunday, all day long, regardless of the weather and I own at least one of almost all of the Revolution products. So if you want a test-ride/flight on something in particular just let me know. We have some marvelous builders in our organization too. It will cost you a bloody fortune to become a member of our group,... all except for the first year. Our advise for new members is NOT to buy a kite for a whole year, instead fly ours until you know exactly what you want. Otherwise you'll have a huge collection of kites that you never fly just like the rest of us!

-paul

PS: All of us began our quad experiences crashing spectacularly, you can't win a marathon before you learn to walk!

youll find quad flying very eazy to learn .. start with a 1.5 rev .. its a great starter kite as well as a good kite to have once you master the quad line moves .. youll also want to give dual lines a try too as they are fun to fly

youll find quad flying very eazy to learn .. start with a 1.5 rev .. its a great starter kite as well as a good kite to have once you master the quad line moves .. youll also want to give dual lines a try too as they are fun to fly

Actually it is much easier to learn on a vented REV in a stronger, constant wind. They aren't near as radical as the non-vented REV in a lighter wind and in particular irregular winds with gusts and etc. The vented REV is also better with gusts, as it buffers them out quite well.

But if you generally only have light winds in your area, go for a REV 1.5 non-vented.

Take Paul up on his offer... its WAY better to crash spectacularly with his kites.. :)

I wasn't with WoW very long, but I remember a time when Paul let me try out one of his kites, and I nearly took out all of the top leadership of WoW..

But all Paul did was grin and gently took the handles from my hand...

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Well!!! I wish I had read this BEFORE I spent $1200 on revs alone in my first 2 1/2 months. :censored: lol

Look at it this way - you can use these for the rest of your life, and when not flying, they can serve as a blanket to keep you warm, a sunshade, a banner - see, it was an Excellent investment for a very multipurpose set of dream machines!!

LOL

Anyone have any other multiple uses for Revs to make flyers (and their spouses) feel better with the initial shock of discovery?