Rev cruise anyone?

AdventureAng

So here's the idea: get as many people who fly Revs together as possible and all go on a cruise together. Is it just me, or does this sound like the most fun thing ever? What could be better than spending time (say about 5 days) with your closest Rev fliers and even ones that you haven't met yet?! Could you imagine getting a mega fly going off the back of the cruise ship?!

I don't really know how we would register such a large group of people, but if enough people are interested, then I could make some calls and see if we could get discounts and stuff.

So here's what I need from you. If you're even the slightest bit interested, then let me know what month is best for you, and where you would like to go. (i.e. July and Western Carribean). It would be awesome if iQuad could come along, so guys, I'd like to know when you don't have a schedules event (basically if you ever have 5 free days in a row when something else isn't already planned).

Please keep in mind that if we do something like this in the winter months, I'm sure a lot of people would like to go some place warm. Am I right? Let me know what you think :)

-AdventureAng

I've actually thought about this before. It seems like a lot of fun. I would love to do this, but I'm ot so sure how well it would work out.

If I can figure out how to pay for it, I would like to do it in July. I don't really care where, but it would be nice if it was on the west coast, just because it would be much easier for me. If I was to come along, my group would probably consist of me, and my grandparents (however, my grandparents don't fly kites.)

So here's the idea: get as many people who fly Revs together as possible and all go on a cruise together. Is it just me, or does this sound like the most fun thing ever? What could be better than spending time (say about 5 days) with your closest Rev fliers and even ones that you haven't met yet?! Could you imagine getting a mega fly going off the back of the cruise ship?!

I don't really know how we would register such a large group of people, but if enough people are interested, then I could make some calls and see if we could get discounts and stuff.

So here's what I need from you. If you're even the slightest bit interested, then let me know what month is best for you, and where you would like to go. (i.e. July and Western Carribean). It would be awesome if iQuad could come along, so guys, I'd like to know when you don't have a schedules event (basically if you ever have 5 free days in a row when something else isn't already planned).

Please keep in mind that if we do something like this in the winter months, I'm sure a lot of people would like to go some place warm. Am I right? Let me know what you think :)

-AdventureAng

Great idea but why not expand it to a week long kite cruise. That might make it more feasible. Lot of SL kiters might be interested in this.

The problem with cruises is that you spend a lot of time on the boat and you can't really fly kites from the ship.

In my experience, many of the carribean beaches are narrow and crowded and it would be difficult for many people to fly simultaneoulsy. I'm afraid flying time would be pretty limited.

The advantage to crusing is that all the meals are taken care of in advance, and everyone can easliy find each other to hang out or eat.

Maybe there's a resort location that would work better? Somewhere in Mexico with a wider beach perhaps?

The problem with cruises is that you spend a lot of time on the boat and you can't really fly kites from the ship.

In my experience, many of the carribean beaches are narrow and crowded and it would be difficult for many people to fly simultaneoulsy. I'm afraid flying time would be pretty limited.

The advantage to crusing is that all the meals are taken care of in advance, and everyone can easliy find each other to hang out or eat.

Maybe there's a resort location that would work better? Somewhere in Mexico with a wider beach perhaps?

I was all for a cruise until I read this! :blue-music:

How about the Playa Grande in Cabo San Lucas on the week of June 21 to 28. I'll be there anyway.

Cor would I like to have the wonga to cruise round flying revs at new venues around the world but alsa the british goverment takes most my cash in taxes :(

but what I really want to ask you adventureang is that I reckon you are a defo person fit to go on the skunks Kiteden site in his page three section ..if this is possible will you send me a pic to put up in it:)

as you will see even 'Sailor99' is in it ;)

pic can be posted to [email protected] thanks

http://www.thekiteden.co.uk/page3.htm

There are plenty of cruise trips out of San Diego and from north around Los Angles going down the Western Mexican coast.

I've been on a couple or cruises myself an there is a seven mile beach in the Grand Caymens that would have plenty of space to fly.

You can get group rates. You need to book it through a travel agent.

Also the large theater on most of the ships is big enough for an indoor fly. And are usually empty during the day and have great sound systems!

The time of the year is important. Remember June to early November is hurrican season. Keeping that in mind... October or Novenber a nice time to cruise... It's at the end of the hurricane season.. Also it is scortching hot in June, July, August and September.

A 5 day cruise out of Tamp Florida will stop at The Grand Caymen island then Cosmile or the Florida Keys at the cost of about $500.00/person. Singles need to pair up with roommates in order to get that lower cost or they will pay double the price.

Good points about going out of Tampa

1. An International airport close by

2. If you wish to extend your vacation October and November are off season and the rates are good.

3. The Gulf Coast of Flordia has some of the best kiting beaches in the world.

Just some thoughts... I think it's a great idea!!

But if we were to go near Mexico, we wouldn't really have to worry about Hurricanes becaues we would be in the Pacific ocean. Hurricanes are very rare in the Pacific because the water is colder.

Also, the reason I suggested summer is just because I have school for the rest of the year.

Well, if nothing comes together for the summer or fall think about joining us in Antigua next April! 365 beaches on the island and the locals LOVE kites! The ministry of Tourism will come and meet you at the airport,whisk you through customs and you will be treated as a very special guest. An indoor fly, 3 kite festivals and a catamaram snorkle cruise too! We've been 3 years running and wouldn't miss it for the world.

The Rev count on the is island currently 5. 3 Standards and 2 venteds between 4 people! That's a 50% increase over last year! We're trying!

Take a look at the good times from last years festival:

Click here: Tropikiters, Inc - Antigua And Barbuda International Kite Festival

Check the website soon for the video from this years festival too.

Enjoy!

Sue

High Flyers

Cor would I like to have the wonga to cruise round flying revs at new venues around the world but alsa the british goverment takes most my cash in taxes :(

but what I really want to ask you adventureang is that I reckon you are a defo person fit to go on the skunks Kiteden site in his page three section ..if this is possible will you send me a pic to put up in it:)

as you will see even 'Sailor99' is in it ;)

pic can be posted to [email protected] thanks

http://www.thekiteden.co.uk/page3.htm

I don't think I can contend with any of those hot people on that page, but thanks for the compliment :)