Revs and Relationships

KiteLife

Ok here's a pickle which I might need a little help resolving ....

August 21st is the day iQuad arrive in the UK for the summer festivals.... I along with Sailor am picking the boys up from the Airport and giving them a bed for the first night of their stay .... something has been niggling me about that date ..... you guessed it 15th Wedding Anniversary ... 15th isn't anything special right?? or maybe it could be 'carbon' or 'polyester' ...

Anyway I hope you iQuad boys know a few songs or double as a mariachi band in your spare time so that you can serenade Mrs Jones at her romantic dinner for 8 ... maybe I could have them appear out of a cake??

... Please send thoughts and suggestions to:

Okay - so you're going to present her with a paid place on the iQuad clinic and say "and I've arranged for extra free time with the tutors...."

15th = crystal. Not particularly relevant. Shame I didn't know that last Thursday...... :blushing:

Good luck !!

15th = crystal. Not particularly relevant. Shame I didn't know that last Thursday...... :blushing:

I've briefly met Mrs J ;)

But I'm not sure a Swarovski crystal-encrusted evening handbag would be enough to appease the situation!

They are more expensive than a Rev BTW!

Ok here's a pickle which I might need a little help resolving ....

... Please send thoughts and suggestions to:

The doghouse

Little Underthumb

England

Howzabout you and the boys do a heart formation in your backyard, and the number "15" if you have enough fliers???? Surely that will melt your Lady. :)

Great suggestions guys (and girls) .... Luckily Mrs J is a 'diamond' really and would never really give me any grief, but will no doubt take great pleasure in making me squirm!! She is pretty understanding about my new Rev life... I was a professional sailor for many years so she was used to getting dragged to Sardinia, Key West, San Fran, Sydney etc for events and just thinks its funny I now expect her to come with me to Basingstoke, Portmouth and Bristol :wacko:

I quite like the idea of signing her up for the iQuad clinic ... she was flying my 'Eyes' tonight rather well so there's hope ... maybe that combined with a little jewellery (I assume crystal is correct ;) ) ...

Anyway cant stop ... I have to get back to the washing up before I start on the foot rub ;)

the first time I got dragged away by a boat for a serious amount of time my wife wasn't very impressed. Can't blame her really, it was 10 months and I was not really kicking and screaming as I went.

Anyway, she managed to get the judge to serve the papers on me on the boat by email. As I recall we celebrated with a small can of warm beer and some peanuts. The thing is this jonesey. I didn't know it was going to happen until it did either ;)

the first time I got dragged away by a boat for a serious amount of time my wife wasn't very impressed. Can't blame her really, it was 10 months and I was not really kicking and screaming as I went.

Anyway, she managed to get the judge to serve the papers on me on the boat by email. As I recall we celebrated with a small can of warm beer and some peanuts. The thing is this jonesey. I didn't know it was going to happen until it did either ;)

The first Mrs Jones was a Lawyer so I feel your pain :wacko: actually she's still my lawyer because I'm too scared to fire her!

I am pleased to confirm the current Mrs Jones is going to be joining us on at least the first day of the Portsmouth clinic ... I expect you all to be on your best behaviour .. except you Sailor, it would be just too unbelievable if you behaved yourself ;)

May have spoken too soon ...... just saw the following in Mrs Jones inbox ....

"Good morning Mrs. Jones

Thank you for your email.

The members we have in your area are:-

Contract Killers, telephone 02392 717765 or 07779 013509 "

Fortunately on further investigation it appears they are a pest control company that are coming to rid us of a wasp nest ... Phew :blue-confused:

• 2 years later...

I was setup. My good friend and his girlfriend said that they knew a guy that was single and would be at a Kite Shop in Annapolis Md. We met and our first date was the next day. I told her that I would be flying at the Washington Monument and she walked right up to me while I had a kite in the air and gave me a kiss. 20 years later, just this last weekend we went out to southern maryland to check out some antique shops and fly kites. For me it only gets better.

• Like 1

I was setup. My good friend and his girlfriend said that they knew a guy that was single and would be at a Kite Shop in Annapolis Md. We met and our first date was the next day. I told her that I would be flying at the Washington Monument and she walked right up to me while I had a kite in the air and gave me a kiss. 20 years later, just this last weekend we went out to southern maryland to check out some antique shops and fly kites. For me it only gets better.

Thats awesome!! Would be awesome to find someone that way.

After a couple of years, Eva declined to fly kites with me anymore. She said she didn't like being shouted at, but how else are you going to communicate with someone 200' away?

(Well, these days there are all kinds of portable electronics; didn't help back then, though.)

Met my Mrs in Oct 2007 at a kite festival, flew together in a 48 flier mega fly that weekend in Tokyo.

Started dating in Apr 2008 at a kite festival in Uchinada.

Engaged in Nov 2008 at a kite festival in Tokyo.

TK immigrated in 2009.

Married with iQuad team members and another kite flier present in 2009.

Flew first team event together on iQuad in 2010.

Ups and downs, gusts and lulls, but ohhhh, what a flight. :blue-love:

The first wife flew kites, ever since our college days together, still enjoys a tug on the string when it's handed to her.

The second one learned right quick kiting to me was also special, just as she is! The day after our wedding was the Smithsonian, so our honeymoon was spent in a hotel close-by to the DC Monument grounds. I fly kites all day, every Sunday, from "oh-dark:30" until around 4:00 PM. I'll also stop occasionally after work and fly for a couple of hours until daylight savings time has passed. My wife is cool with this time commitment, but I gave up golf and martial arts in '96 when she said I had too many darn activities away from our home.

I exist on a daily allowance, so I don't think anything my bride desires is out of reach. The reality is barbara runs the money in our household, otherwise we wouldn't have any at all! We will spend the day on the kite field together, but thousands of meters apart typically. She goes for the art kite, single liners, show-kite style and I'm a quad-head, probably chasing children & spectators if the weather is nice.

Barbara is widely known for her special sandwiches. She packs 'em up in cooler and it's sitting by the front door LONG before the sun comes up every sunday for almost a decade. Big two fisted suckers packed with great meats, cheeses, spreads on bakery special breads. Some friends request roll-ups, or have special diet restrictions. Barbara covers these folks too, labelled in zip-lok bags. Who else in the world would go to this much trouble and expense just so their mate enjoys it? My wife is the best gal in the entire world (even if I have to survive on $15 a day!)

I'm slowly unloading kites that I never use, even some masterpieces. It seems a shame for them not to be flown, but I'd carry twenty and only used 2. What good are all those extra stuffed kite bags? I'll hear more grief about the travel expenses than the price of a new Revolution. We do festivals, clinics, competitions and I used to enjoy sewing workshops too. I'm getting lazier in my senior years though. I'd rather pay Bazzer or Shook to make a kite for me, I'm not dumping the Pfaff nor my parts just in case.

My son Benjamin flies revs as well, he's 25 and living in Atlanta currently. Someday I'll get a crack at a grand-kid I hope so the flying tradition can be passed on to the next generation

Met my Mrs in Oct 2007 at a kite festival, flew together in a 48 flier mega fly that weekend in Tokyo.

Started dating in Apr 2008 at a kite festival in Uchinada.

Engaged in Nov 2008 at a kite festival in Tokyo.

TK immigrated in 2009.

Married with iQuad team members and another kite flier present in 2009.

Flew first team event together on iQuad in 2010.

Ups and downs, gusts and lulls, but ohhhh, what a flight. :blue-love:

*ENVY!!!*

Finding someone like that with kites, or Falconry, probably falconry because it's more of a lifestyle, would be awesome! Lucky!

Just do what you love Exile.. that's what I do.. if someday it was meant to be, it will happen.. But I don't waste time waiting for someone to share that with.. life is too short and if it's meant to be, it will happen.. :) If you do what you love, you can't go wrong..

• Like 1

OH I Know.. I just think that it would be awesome to meet someone in that fashion. It's hard to find someone that understands, and doesn't have an issues with the amount of time falconry requires.

It caused some big issues in my last relationship, and was one of the contributing factors as to why it ended. But onward to better things. And when she comes along, I'll be here, no matter what fashion I meet her in. But it would be cool to meet her like John met TK.

lol.. yeah I have joked about how I would run a match add.. wanted.. someone who understands why I love standing on a beach flying for 12 hours at a time, doesn't mind me showering with my revs, gets *kite time*.. etc..

Too much trouble to explain it all .. lol

lol.. yeah I have joked about how I would run a match add.. wanted.. someone who understands why I love standing on a beach flying for 12 hours at a time, doesn't mind me showering with my revs, gets *kite time*.. etc..

Too much trouble to explain it all .. lol

SHOWERING WITH YOUR REVS???? smiley-devil.gif Who'd understand that???? kid_devlish.gif