Revs and Relationships

KiteLife

Hey guys, was just reading some of the posts and thought of a new topic...

How do Revs fit into a relationship with your Significant Other (SO)?

--

Do you go flying together?

Does your spouse welcome kite flying time, to have private time for themselves?

Do you interact with your SO differently after a full day of flying?

--

You get the idea. ;)

My wife doesn't fly kites but she knows I enjoy it. I've shown her how a couple times but she is not that interested.

So far I have managed to avoid flying my kite when we have other commitments so I haven't made her mad by doing that.

She likes it when we go to the beach and she gets to sit under the beach umbrella and read while I fly nearby. As I said in the other post sometimes she likes to send me out to fly so she can get some quite time.

So far, this hobby agrees with the both of us!

-Alden

My first wife divorced me as I crossed the atlantic at the start of an 11 month race, so I shouldn't feel too bad steve!

My current thinks I am weird, in flying kites that is. But some friends took some photos of us flying, and I forwarded them to Sarah, she was sending them proudly to all our friends and family with in minutes. So I would describe Sarah's reaction to my kiting as, well, complex - yep I still find women a wonderful mystery!

My better half knows that kites are my passion.The sport is what keeps me smileing,its my fuel[to quote jb]

Deb isnt that intrested at all in flying kites.Enjoys watching us at festivals and likes the freinds we have made through kiteing.Loves the place it takes us with the children.Basically im a lucky guy,if im happy.It makes my Lady happy.

Myself and Debbie wher childhood sweetharts.We courted from being around 11yrs old and have hardly been apart since,shes my bestest mate[mostly].Had some ups and downs,goods and bads,

Unbeleivable as it may seem.My kite addiction never raises an eyebrow either.With over forty revs,nearly as many top notch two liners,and just as many single line kites.Ive never heard a word of dissaproval.

Both my marridges work nicely,to the wife/family and the other to kiteing.

Im a lucky,lucky man,but i know it and dont take things for granted.Shes a goodn.

KITELIFE,KITEWIFE.

BRIAN...

Steve and I are blessed that we both love flying. We get to the beach put up a few single line kites and then depending on which beach we're at I'll fly my Rev and Steve will go buggying down the beach..

The best part of the day is at the end when everything is packed up except our Revs... we sit in our chairs and fly together as a couple...

It's the best part of our week.... I look forward to it all week long and somedays it's what keeps me going knowing that come Sunday he and I will be out there together flying... :wub:

My wife wants to learn to fly Revs, but with the 2 year old, one of us has to watching him. The boy will end up in the water in a blink of an eye, or take off playing!!

Lately, she said we need to find something that the whole family can do :confused!:

So, I don't know............

Joe

Hey guys, was just reading some of the posts and thought of a new topic...

How do Revs fit into a relationship with your Significant Other (SO)?

--

Do you go flying together?

Does your spouse welcome kite flying time, to have private time for themselves?

Bit of a charmed life here, been doing much as we please for more than 40 years.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...79&hl=en-GB

Now we try to fly together as much as possible, (when work doesn't get in the way) :)

You can share the experience during and afterwards.

So much to learn still and chat about, it's great.

As Choc says, flying Rev's has given us even more to do together. I far recommend this to trying to fly single line sleds together, which always seems to get a bit tense in high winds!! :innocent:

Feel a little responsible for having prompted this subject with my comments over on another thread...... but is it ok if I comment more fully when I get back from the Luxury Spa weekend I am currently taking my wife on in return for having spent so much money on Kites this year!!

p.s. I brought my kites if that tells you anything......

jonesey ..paying the price

Maybe this is one of the reasons why woman don't like kiting, especially in UK winter time (?)

Cold winds: chapped lips, frizzled hair dos, cracked nails, casual clothes *giggle*

I can think of at least one man who prefers summer flying. Its just that its an addiction - you've seen the smokers huddled against the driving rain outside pubs this winter - well its the same with kiting. :)

I can think of at least one man who prefers summer flying. Its just that its an addiction - you've seen the smokers huddled against the driving rain outside pubs this winter - well its the same with kiting. :)

Interestingly enough I was trying to describe the Kiting Community to a friend yesterday and the best analogy I've been able to find is that of golfers. The mindset is very much the same. Hee!

And another thing about Golf, at least we dont practice cruelty to inanimate objects. What's that ball done to you that you need to whack it with a stick? :big_bangin: If it wanted to end up down that little hole don't you think it could find it's own way there. :ani_giveup:

At least Revs are BORN to fly. :rev_clockwork:

And Jonesy, good trick putting Revolution on the far side of the kite so it reads good in the picture. Just to let you know though, you got it upside down :bag:

Romatic weekend away update ...... Mrs J was prepared to come out into the snow and take a picture ... that must mean something??

Well done, all round (braving the cold).

Thanks for sharing :)

Now I'm flying more, fewer piccies get taken alas.

There’s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.

(Billy Conolly)

my wife went flying with me years back but like some she liked it then got boerd with it .. as for me its always been my thing and she knows it .. shes cool with letting me go flying all the time on the weekends.. i hope now to get my son involved as he already loves the kites i have already

My wife wants to learn to fly Revs, but with the 2 year old, one of us has to watching him. The boy will end up in the water in a blink of an eye, or take off playing!!

Lately, she said we need to find something that the whole family can do :confused!:

So, I don't know............

Joe

One way to keep track of the nippers........ :lol:

post-559-1207512626_thumb.jpg