iQuad Rev Clinic (US) **It's a GO!**

KiteLife

Okay gang, got a basic game plan laid out... Look to the first post in this thread, give me a couple of minutes to add the document.

We'll be holding the clinic at "Sunset Beach", which is a tad north of Seaside proper... Will add a Google map link, as soon as I find it on the map.

It's a drive-on beach, even for 2WD vehicles.

TONS of room, less foot traffic, and we won't run the danger of kites being run over, like we did at the WCRC. ;)

Also, still deciding where to meet on Saturday night, will update the first post with this info as well, soon as I have it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've learned that Seaside takes up a significant portion of the beach from noon onward, setting up their fireworks display... We're not an officially recognized event, so it goes without saying that we're at the mercy of our environment for the night fly.

Best advice, look north and south of the promenade for kites on Friday, otherwise we'll see you at Sunset Beach on Saturday morning. ;)

John,

Would it be OK if I was flying on the same beach? I do not have the $$ for the clinic, (wife says NO!) but maybe a participant with nothing to do could come over and keep me company and maybe give a few pointers?

I will stay out of the way, but I would love to meet some other local fliers! I do not want to horn in when others have payed the dues for this clinic, and I have not.

Okay, thanks to help from Theresa at The Kite Shoppe, iQuad has permission to fly in front of the promenade up until the fireworks start (approximately 4pm-10pm).

The Seaside chamber of commerce is actually including us in their press releases. ;)

I'd assume there will still be "open" flying throughout the day however, until they start setting up their fireworks.

That's it folks, we've got 12 signed up! ;)

Those who are coming, please take down my cell number in case you need to reach me over the weekend...

503-890-0280

The map and full info is in the first post of this thread, but I'd rather you have a point of contact, just in case. :)

Although Friday isn't a clinic day, most of team will be on the beach from early afternoon on... The city has authorized iQuad to fly (as part of their celebration) in front of the promenade until the fireworks start, then everyone's gotta clear out for safety reasons.

We're here!

me, Shannon, Nena, Dave.....and there's even a mini fireworks display on the beach going on right now out our window! :)

Awesome! :)

Hurry up and get here! :)

Boom! A BIG Boom too! Awesome. And tomorrow night's will be fanatastic! :)

Happy 4th Everyone!

Hugs,

T

Hey T, you take care with those Fireworks so near.

My Wifes Birthday today so we got something to celebrate too.

Anyone know if there is a beachcam I can take a look at later??

Hope you all have a fantasmagorical time.

Think I will try to keep mine a bit longer Jeremy.

She rolls her eyes a bit. And I must agree when she says "Another kite, you already must have about 10, and some of those you have leant out to folks." I do agree with her, just for a split second.

If only she knew how many I have got, no on second thoughts better not.

Got back a few hours ago from the clinic. I truly think the learning curve just skyrockets during these.

Hey John, remember the week at WSKIF when I finally learned how to axle my duelie.. and later that night when I fell asleep in the chair watching tv with everyone, I was still doing axles in my sleep??

Well, I just woke myself up out of a sound sleep doing a flick flack.. hahaha... scared the heck out of my dog!

Really great clinic.

thanks

way to much fun squared !!!!

a totally fun weekend , picked up some killer tips , got to see some rev friends from the long beach clinic and the wind on sunday was sweeeet....

the fire works were something else...... with ringside seats no less ,

thanks so much to thersa and john for their generosity :sq-wink::):)

can't wait for the next one

terryw

OH ya..... Seaside.... what a great weekend it was... Perfect wind and the weather for the Oregon Coast :)

The fireworks was increadable.... It was a great show....

I have to say to everyone that joined us ..... It was amazing to see how fast the learning curve was last weekend... just amazing...

Great job everyone... !!!!!

Thank you Theresa for the supporting us and for john for the organizing this awesome clinic...

I cant wait for the next one... love flyin with you all..... Thank you...

post-42-1215501087_thumb.jpg

I wonder, could I wrangle one of you fine folks into writing a brief report from the event?

Pros, cons, anything that comes to mind.

1,000 words... Comes pretty quick, once you start.

Would be a great help for Kitelife. ;)

I had so much fun working with this group, everyone learned so quickly... Great folks, great flying! :)

Thanks to all who attended!

Amy, the dreams just mean that the training is working. <evil grin>

Amy you should let go of your dog's leash before you fall asleep! Poor dog, I bet it's neck is all sore now!

-Alden

lmao John, It's taking over my dream world ... eeek.. Wonder if We can pull off that pairs flick flack again?? Finding out this weekend. Wish us luck lol..

Alden, I had a hold of her tail.. opps... lol.. hugssssssssss